Status
Not open for further replies.

-1313-Evil_Homer

Grilled Cheese
★ MOD
Jan 21, 2004
Originally posted by WiseGuy20 

FAQ originally compiled by [link=http://club.ign.com/b/about?username=05321&which=boards]05321[/link]; revisions by [link=http://club.ign.com/b/about?username=WiseGuy20]WiseGuy20[/link] with contributions from various board members

Contents
I. General
II. Appearance (make the limited clothing options look better)
III. Making money (don’t be a penniless hero)
IV. Weapons (of mass destruction)
a. Melee
b. Ranged
c. Legendary
V. Relationships (covering everything from one night stands to orgies to actual families)
VI. Glitches

I. General
Can I have more then one hero?
A: Yes so long as you have space you can have up to 6 heroes.

Hero Dolls where do I find the others?
A: There is only one type of hero doll per game and they can be obtained at the shooting range win second place (150 points) the rest must be obtained via xbox live through trading with various players.

Can I redo the Crucible or is it like Fable where you only do the arena event once?
A: Yes you may redo the Crucible after a point in the storyline.

I beat the Crucible with perfect times on everything but it won’t give me the reward! WTF
A: Using the time-stop spell to slow down the timer still gives you perfect rounds however to prevent this the developers implemented a real-time clock that counts down the seconds round to round to avoid people from scoring -10 second matches on all the rounds to ruin the leader boards. Also the first time you do it you don’t get the weapon. You have to do it the second time.

Why can’t I sacrifice anyone to the temple of shadows anymore!?
A: Because you've completed the Defend the Temple of Light Quest in which Cornelius is defeated. With this the Wheel of Misfortune is now 'broken' and can no longer be used.

What happens if I keep books that don’t teach me skills IE Wedding Bells?
A: They increase a probability of what it talks about.

What about other books? Like The Hero of Oakvale
A: Those are purely for kicks and giggles or educational read up material

How do I Apologize?
A : This emote is available when you have committed a crime or done something bad in general and it will give you purity points to ease the damage as well as sway people to look the other way. In addition the game also tells you it’s not available in the emotion wheel.

How do I make my dog do this and that?
A: You cannot control your dog it does it automatically during certain expressions you do.

How come my Dog doesn’t attack anything?!
A: I've pondered this question as well because I remember in previous demos it showed the dog actually trying to fight. However your dog will only distract enemies that prove to be a threat and take a few hits and quickly rush to kill things you've knocked down.

Temple of Light is in ruins why!?!
A: It’s because you completed the temple of shadows questline before leaving OR you did not do the quest to defend the temple of light. When the choice to leave is available you must complete one of the quests not completing either of them will result in the temple of shadows winning over the temple of light.

I’m a bigamist and I’m being blackmailed!
A: You’re a hero it’s up to you however I suggest killing them because well... you shouldn’t have more then one wife to begin with and divorce (although hilarious) is costly.

Where is Gargoyle Cave!?!
A: Shoot a gargoyle. You’ll get a map that says underneath the bridge in Bowerstone Market.

Every time I'm walking around a certain place I hear someone talking **** all of a sudden.
A: This happens when you learn Rank 2 Dexterous Styles (Aim). The gargoyles will begin to speak in which you must find them and shoot them there are 50 Gargoyles and 50 Silver Keys. The Gargoyles are just ugly looking heads with blue eyes they all look the same. Every 10 Killed opens a door in the Gargoyle Cave. The first one gives you the Gargoyle Map.

How do I find Silver Keys / Gargoyles?
A: If you open up the map and look at regions it'll show how many keys / gargoyles are to be found in every area.

Where are all the demon doors and how do I open them?
A: Demon Door locations: bower lake, brightwood, oakfield, westcliff, wraithmarsh, fairfax gardens, bowerstone cemetery, rookridge, and bloodstone

Bower lake: have to do certain expressions in order prompted by the door. 1) Laugh 2) Fart 3) Point and Laugh 4) Middle Finger 5) Vulgar Thrust 6) Growl 7) Bloodlust Roar 8) Worship 9) Dance 10) Blow Kiss
-some expressions require you to progress further in the story so even if this may be the first door you find you won't be able to open it until much later.

Brightwood: this one is probably the hardest and most time consuming to open, and all you get is some exclusive but ugly clothes. First you will need to approach the door and give it cheese. it will tell you to get a certain hairstyle and facial hair. one of the hairstyles isn't available till bloodstone. After you manage to get the hairdo go back and it will tell you to get other clothes, specifically, the tart skirt or noble trousers, gent's shirt or corset, and yokel hat or bandit bandanna. when you have those on go speak to him he'll open.

Oakfield: Propose to someone in front of the door or just blow a kiss at it.

Westcliff: you need to be more corrupt than pure to open the door. Easily done if you're pure, just raise the rent prices 100% and sleep for 7 days.

Wraithmarsh: This door wants a big audience so it can read a play. Get 10 people to follow you (you'll need to have a lot of renown first) and fast travel to the drowned farm. Turn around as soon as you get there and run back to where you were held in a cage, and the door is at the northeast corner. Make sure they don't die.

Bowerstone cemetery: kick a nearby chicken into the door or just give him some meat.

Rookridge: Your dog needs to be able to perform 5 tricks that you taught it via books you found or bought. you have to have the right expressions in order for the dog to do them so you have to be somewhat along in the game first

Bloodstone: Play a lute perfectly, aka release the expression in the green sweet spot

Fairfax Gardens: This door will open automatically when you have opened all the other doors first. Otherwise it will just tell you to go away.

II. Appearance
My character is FATTER THEN I AM! No matter how much celery he eats!
A: Sad to hear that, however there is a solution The reason why that fat never goes away is because of your physique skill the higher it gets the bulkier your hero is making the often mistaken fat appearance. In addition the Accuracy skill makes the hero taller.

My character has these weird tattoos all of a sudden.
A: Those tats are actually will-lines for having a lot of will powers or one extremely focused one.

I want tattoos/haircut/dyes.
A: Tattoos can be found in Bloodstone and the Gypsy camp. If you gave the warrants to Arfur there is also a tattooist in Old Bowerstone.
Dyes can be off the stylists Dye traders (Often have rare ones too) and most clothing sellers. The Haircut place is located across from the female tailor shop just past the cow and corset.

All these clothes SUCK!
A: I thought that at first as well until I actually tried dying variables of clothes and trying on mix and matched pieces. You can buy dyes at the clothing shops and find them in a bunch of places. They can be used limitless times

What is and where can I find the Transmorphication (Sex Change Potion)?
A: Once you buy the Fairfax Castle, the butler will ask you to go to sleep. Go to sleep, upon waking up you will receive a quest for it. Once you find the potion from the quest you'll have to pick it up and choose weather or not to use it however when you leave the tomb it will no longer be usable. It changes your sex, obviously. And if you plan to drink it just to see the effects, don’t. It WILL autosave afterwards and you’ll be stuck as the opposite sex.

Is it possible to become Younger?
A: No once you're old you're old however you can LOOK young by doing various things old people obviously do. Though I have heard that sleeping in the bed at brightwood tower twice, once before the return to the spire and once after, makes you look younger. Not confirmed though.

How do u get into the chest left behind by your ancestors and what is inside?
A: You open the chest by two ways:
1) You have the LE Code and you input it for Master Chief Title and Armor + Weapon.
2) Two you play A Hero’s Tale from the Fable.com site.

Is there more assassins clothing?
A: No, just the coat. DLC supposedly will have assassin’s gloves though.

Is there armor in this game?
A: There is not any in the current version.

III. Making Money
How do I profit off a building I own?
A: Simply rent it out unless it’s a shop and then you can set prices.

What buildings should I Buy?
A: The more stars the building has when you look at the sign the more money you can make off of it. In addition the town’s economy can affect the amount of money you make from these places.

How do I affect the economy of a region?
A: Buying and working in areas raises the economy value shown by the stars on the regions section of your menu. You know the economy’s good when job opportunities disappear.

What are the best jobs for money?
A: Trading makes the most profit right off the bat especially if you give the warrants to the sheriff as everything in Old Bowerstone will have a -50% Discount at all times unless you own it. And most of the items can be sold at shortages for absurd amounts of gold and or selling weapons and various other items to Fairfax Gardens during regular sales also net a huge amount of gold and can easily be made into a permanent +70% shop wealth area.
Bartending scores the next best amount of money as the job is incredibly simple and fast however the commentary is a bit annoying. You make more money per 3 servings

Wood chopping is next, it’s an extremely simple job and is actually sort of relaxing. You gain a multiplier per 10 Chops

Blacksmithing - Depends on your physique and if you can actually do the job its one of the hardest as you only make money per 5 swings and multipliers after each made weapon. Increasing Physique adds a nifty amount of starting cash that only gets better and better and you can easily make a fortune if you’re good at it.

IV. Weapons

a. MELEE
What weapons are best for my character or overall?
A : All based off of preference and your ability to use them to its full potential really here are my thoughts over them which is basically just like what you would expect.

How do I do a perfect Combo attack!?
A: When attacking you'll sometimes notice a blue gleam. This blue gleam is a perfect combo if you just wanna learn it for the achievement Unlearn your speed (not really necessary but it does help a lot) And use an incredibly slow weapon once you have Rank 3 Brutal Styles.

Are Master Weapons any good?
A : Most Master class weapons with 2 or 3 augment slots can be made better then any and all of the legendary weapons with the only exception maybe being the Diachi.

Katana - Very fast Very Weak (Daichi is the only Exception)
Ups - Very Easy to repeatedly combo on crowds rather then singles and their speed is just a huge advantage for any player.
Downs - Extremely hard to actually perform Perfect Combos so there’s really almost no real way to overcome the lack of damage issue.

Longsword - A Balanced Weapon
Ups - Strong Fast an incredibly simple weapon that’s also easy to use.
Downs - Because it’s so awesome overall you quickly realize its average.

Cutlass - A Powerful weapon with some speed issues.
Ups - Easier to perform perfect combos then with the Katana and Longsword with some better damage.
Downs - The slightly slower makes it have a very unique tempo making this a weapon that’s easy for some but not all.

Cleaver – Slow, Fast, and Very Strong
Ups - Chop the faces off like a hand-axe! Highest damage weapon that also relatively fast.
Downs - It’s a lot like the cutlass's unique tempo just slightly slower.

Axe - Slow Strong and has optimized combat styles.
Ups - It’s surprisingly easy to use and its speed makes it even simpler not to mention its cool looks.
Downs - It’s rather short range and unless you actually learn to combo with it (Really not that hard) it feels mediocre and you end up getting dominated by some of the faster enemy types such as Balverines and Highwaymen.

Mace – Slow, but Stronger, an in-between of an axe and a hammer type.
Ups - Just like the axe it’s surprisingly easy to use and does more damage to boot.
Downs - It suffers the axes problem of having shorter range and doesn’t suffer as badly as the axe from lack of combo ability.

Hammer - Slowest and Strongest Weapons available.
Ups - HULK SMASH! These weapon types can easily make the Daichi look like a bad joke as it takes no real skill to dominate with one.
Downs - Dreadfully slow and fairly unwieldy makes it harder to kill multiples of enemies especially ones that block like Bandits and Highwaymen

b. RANGED
What About Ranged Weapons?
A: Ranged Weapons have a slightly more complex variation.

Flintlock Pistol - Surprisingly enough it packs a kick and doesn’t need you to aim to maximize it if you have rank 3 Brutal styles but not a lot invested into Skill it makes a good melee weapon side kick for a quick shot on something to finish it off.
Downs - One bullet makes it incredibly unrealizable for the marksmen unless they have Rank 3 Brutal Styles

Flintlock Rifle - One shot one kill if you have rank 3 / 4 dexterous styles and one or two points into accuracy you can easily snipe people all day long.
Downs - One bullet although it can be over-come with Rank 3 Brutal Styles for instant reloads

Turret Pistol - Does a lot of damage like the flintlock pistol and carries more then just one bullet in addition it shoots a incredible rate of speed even if you don’t have anything invested in skills.
Downs - Once the chamber is empty the hero will only reload one bullet at a time making it not that much better then a flintlock weapon after the full release.

Turret Rifle - Just like the Turret Pistol however this one isn’t as accessible during a melee brawl great if you like starting fights from a distance.
Downs - Once the chambers empty the hero will only reload one bullet at a time making it not that much better then a flintlock weapon after the full release.

Clockwork Pistol - One of the better weapons once you have Dexterous rank 2 and Brutal rank 3 you can quickly unleash hell unto mobs in rapid tandem and once you have to reload you only need to do it once to get another full chamber set.
Downs - Not that strong in fact it’s incredibly weak however the fact that you can repeatedly unload and with a few points invested in Accuracy this is quickly over-come with amazing results.

Clockwork Rifle - Also one of the better weapons however its slower then the pistol variant it does more damage overall, imo its a better choice then the Red Dragon with the same augments (Lucky Charm & Devastation)
Downs - Shoots slower then the pistol and not as useful as the Pistol Variants in the middle of a brawl however despite its slower shots it can quickly become a overwhelming weapon.

Light Crossbow – Think of it like a flintlock rifle with a much faster reload time
Downs – The repeater crossbow variants work just like a turret class gun.

Heavy Crossbow – Think of it like a stronger faster version of the light crossbow
Downs – The repeater variant reloads just like the turret version guns.

c. Legendary Weapons
Daichi (Katana) – Can be obtained after the Cullis Gate quest. After returning to bloodstone one of the corner ledges will have broken off and will have made the well beneath it accessible simply dive off into it. (It’s at the Cullis Gate in Brightwood)

The Maelstrom (Longsword) – Can be obtained upon sacrificing 2/4 Monks and 2 beloved ones (Family members or fiancées) at midnight at the Wheel of Misfortune.

The Wreckager (Cutlass) – Can be obtained in the DLC Halls of the Dead just off the central pier in Bloodstone.

Rising Sun (Cleaver) – Can be obtained in afternoon hours 11 am –1pm by donating 10k Gold

The Chopper (Axe) – Can be obtained after completing the Crucible with perfect times (Using Time-Stop repeatedly can prevent you from obtaining this)

The Calavera (Mace) – Can be obtained from the Demon door in Westcliff.

Hammerthyst (Hammer) – Can be obtained from the Demon Door in Oakfield.

Red Dragon (Pistol) – Can be obtained from achieving rank 1 prize at the shooting range at Westcliff.

The Enforcer (Blunderbuss) – Can be obtained after obtaining Giles Farm Key from his Dresser / Grave and entering his Cellar.

The Rammer (Crossbow) – Shoot all 50 gargoyles to get this high damage crossbow.

The Perforator (Turret Rifle) – Can be obtained from the demon door at Wraithmarsh.

What exactly do Augments do?
Gnarly – Scar More
Piercing Agony - Inflict more damage and lose hp per hit
Cursed Warrior - Inflict more damage and lose HP while equipped
Barkskin - Less damage taken, but higher chance to scar
Stone Skin - Less chance to scar
Lucky Charm - More damage for Less damage Taken
Devastation - More damage inflicted
Golden Touch - Every kill generates gold
Golden Burden - Every kill generates gold however you deal less damage
Fear Itself - +50 Fear
Bewitching - +50 Attractive
Thunder Cry - Inflict Lightning Damage however risk scarring more
Flame Augment - Inflict Fire Damage
Killerwatt - Inflict Lightning Damage
Slash and Burn - Inflict Fire Damage however risk scarring more
Ghoul - Absorbs Life per hit
Life sucks - Absorbs life per hit however you deal (and receive more damage?)
Righteous Fury - Inflict more damage on unholy beasts of the shadows (Hollows Balverines Banshee)
Scourge - Inflict more damage on the Righteous (Guards Villagers)

V. Relationships
How do I have Sex?
A: Penis + Vagina + Repeated Motions = Sex

Let me rephrase that How Do I have Sex in Fable 2
A: Oh well then, you must go to the book store and buy the 'Come Hither Dear' book and find it in your inventory and use it to learn the Come back to my Place expression. Use it on the person you have massively seduced, a person with “raunchy” or “unchaste” as a personality trait, or poor person you've gotten drunk. Then find a bed and choose.

How do you have sex with multiple people?
A: Do the same as above but to more people. Again, their personality affects which will follow and which won’t, lead them all to a bed and you should get the achievement afterwards (and multiple STDs if you didn’t use protection).

How do I get someone drunk?
A: I believe you just give them several drinks using the gift expression. I suppose you would have to be in a bar for them to actually drink it but I’m not 100% sure on this.

My kid won’t grow up?!
A: After a specific point your baby will become a little child however they will not grow into a teenager or adult.

What happens if I have a baby after said point will it still grow up?
A: Yes the child will still grow up after 30 minutes of playing as a full-fledge adventurer time begins to flow by in instants.

What’s the Ring with the X I see when I look at my spouse?
A: Divorce! Something you should avoid. Try checking stats and maxing your spouse out in Love, Funny/Fear, Attractiveness, Upkeep and quality of the home all contribute to keeping your spouse happy. Their individual qualities (seen by pressing Y when you’re focused on them) affect how often they need to be visited by you as well, so keep that in mind when choosing a spouse. Generally, the higher class they are the harder they are to keep happy. When you have children their happiness level also affects this.

VI. Glitches

Note: There are a lot of glitches in Fable II; however there are only a few that have known fixes for them.

Where’s my Wife?
A: This is a glitch for some reason your wife will disappear and your child will glitch in place simply go to Bloodstone.

OMFG I CANT GET THIS IDIOT TO WORK IN HIS SHOP ON TIME
A: Find them and use the follow expression to get them to follow you back to their shop then dismiss then and start banging on the door if they try to walk away use the follow expression again and force them into the shop to work.

The furniture store in Bowerstone Market doesn’t have any furniture!
A: This glitch is because the economy in Bowerstone reached 5 stars. Lower the economy (any way you wish) and you’ll be good to go.

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
sweet, thanks homer!

anyways where's that guy who was going to write an additional FAQ to it for the DLC?

Status
Not open for further replies.