DylanW422

Noob
Dec 3, 2015
Hi! I’m working on my English final, and since the topic was open I chose The Last of Us. The question I pose to you is: what makes The Last of Us popular? I’m not trying to disregard the popularity of the game. In fact I finished the game in the hardest difficulty, and I think this is one of the best video games on the PS4 so far. So, why do you think The Last of Us is popular? I will have to choose which responses fits well with my essay, and I will have to give the usernames fake names in order to protect identity. I am posting on multiple forums, so if you see the same topic, you do not have to respond again. This also includes the DLC. Thanks!

LisaB1138

Older than most, smarter than the average bear
Apr 23, 2004
For myself, the storytelling really stands out. It is very well written and presented.

The gameplay, while not groundbreaking, is perfectly crafted to give the emotional sense of being in the game world. So many games try to over-saturate their worlds with "stuff" and "stuff to do" that it dilutes the emotional impact of the world's design. In TLOU, every item is important, therefore you truly scavenge because it's necessary to succeed.