tro44_1

Star
Dec 15, 2005
I am watching some of the videos of DBZ on youtube and raised some questions on Mystic Gohan.

Here are some of my questions:

1.Can mystic Gohan still power up?
2.Is the mystic power a replacement of his super saiyan abilities?
3.Is the mystic the full power of a saiyan
4.Is it true that if he does in fact go super saiyan he will blow up the universe?
5.Is the mystic powers his base form?
6.Is the mystic power up inbetween a SSJ3 and SSJ4? and if so which one does it lean most to?
7.In GT, is there any evidence Gohan still retained his mystic power?
8.Is Super Gotenks just as strong as Super Buu? or is it that SSJ3 Gotenks is as strong as super Buu?
9.Is the mystic a transformation?
10.Is the mystic the same thing as Kaio-ken but simply without the strains of it?

TzarDjinni

Noob
Dec 5, 2008
Disclaimer: Gohan is the worst character on DBZ He underestimates himself, then overestimates himself, then underestimates himself again, a terrible quality in a figher. Also, Gohan is not a fighter, and could have been the strongest if he continued to train but he just prefered to read books instead. also for all you manga purists and canonites, grow up.

1. Yes, He does this right after the Mystic RItual (or Supreme Ritual as i call it). Everybody is amazed.
2. Yes/No. Its not a replacement it just makes it so he doesnt have to go super saiyan. Going Super Saiyan puts strain on the body and uses Ki, while the Supreme Ritual makes it so that no strain on the body and that there is no Ki wasted during the transformation I think Old Kai says this. I think he could probably go Super Saiyan but it would just be an aesthetic look, no increase for his power or anything.
3. No, just Gohans Full Potential
4. No. If you watch him power up he says "So, all i have to do is go Super Saiyan" and he powers up but doesnt get the gold hair or green eyes. he gets a better result than going super saiyan does. The universe doesnt explode.
5. Yes, his full potential has been released. His base form far surpasses all of his previous Super Saiyan transformations and he is now Supreme.
6. I imagine its the same level as Goku's SSJ3 but Gohan doesnt use any energy to sustain the form while Goku has to use energy to stay SS3. In the movie with Hirudegarn, Goku's SS3 state is far superior to Supreme Gohan and SS3 Gotenks. If he was SSJ4 strength, Buu wouldve been dead
7. Forget GT. Even if he did, Gohan was useless because of SSJ4, and Gohan even went Super Saiyan against Baby and Omega Shenron. If you dont use your potential you waste it. example, you could be the best fighter in the world, but if you never fight or train you will get out of shape and your fighting techniques suffer. Gotta train hard to stay on top!
8. I believe SSJ3 Gotenks could have beaten Super Buu if he wasnt so childish. He was pretty powerful, just too immature. He outclassed Super Buu until he unfused.
9. No. Its just the awakening of Gohan's latent powers, an advanced version of what Guru did on Namek. Gohan went to school and had a "regular" life, not like Goku or Vegeta who spent most of his time training.
10. No. Its just Gohans true Potential. Kaio Ken is an entire different technique. I'll break it down. Kaio-Ken = Technique. Super Saiyan = Transformation, Supreme = Reitual to release true potential.

SS3

Plus Ultra!
Jun 27, 2004
Virginia Beach, VA
Everything above is correct. To emphasize, Gotenks could have wiped the floor with Buu. Buu was already wary of him at SSJ level. When Gotenks went SSJ3, Buu was downright scared, and Piccolo even says something to the effect of Gotenks being well beyond Super Buu.

But, since Gotenks was a cocky little bastard, he played around, and Buu ended up buying some time.

TzarDjinni

Noob
Dec 5, 2008
Do you think that Gotenks could've beaten Buu similar to how Gogeta defeated Janemba? not saying he could have. or couldnt have, just a what do u think in the name of conversation question

SS3

Plus Ultra!
Jun 27, 2004
Virginia Beach, VA
Do you think that Gotenks could've beaten Buu similar to how Gogeta defeated Janemba? not saying he could have. or couldnt have, just a what do u think in the name of conversation question

Absolutely. Piccolo said it, the Kai''s said it when they first fused. Gotenks as an SSJ3 to Buu was about what Super Gogeta was to Janemba.

TzarDjinni

Noob
Dec 5, 2008
that wouldve been pretty cool 2 see, although DBZ wouldve been like 100 episodes shorter. I really need to watch DBZ again, Toriko and One Piece are taking up all of my time

Jul 8, 2016
This is quite complex to imagine.

gohan goku vigeta took a long time to transform Base from to ssj.

gohan achieved the power of ssj2 in cell saga.

in buu saga he was trained under old kaii...those powers of base, ssj ,ssj2, inner anger(base + ssj +ssj2 +inner power) are added to become new base form called ultimate gohan permanantly.

so ultimate gohan is a new base form that contains all the powers in his body(old base+ssj+ssj2).

dats the reason its takes long time to transform new base form(ultimate gohan) to ssj.

ssj is not a fixed power level its can be said as enhanced power of base form.

to enhance the new base form of gohan it takes some time .