dkRock

Noob
Aug 20, 2013
Nah, Johnson sounds like a baby compared to the previous SC games. He did a fair job though but if you ask me, he can never be as good as the old Sam fisher the series is known for.

Branigan

Noob
Jun 18, 2013
Nah, Johnson sounds like a baby compared to the previous SC games. He did a fair job though but if you ask me, he can never be as good as the old Sam fisher the series is known for.

I agree, he does sound more gentle as far as inflection goes. However, I think that he is far more believable, Ironside made Sam Fisher sound like Batman. It always seemed a little oversold.

Oct 3, 2005

Absolutely agree! Not that I don't like Ironside, I do. But his voice didn't always sound like he was into what he was saying. As if he was just talking to be talking. Eric breathes life into the character a bit more so far from what I've experienced and I think that when he threatens it actually sounds way more convincing because he does it with such a calm demeanor. Like when he told Briggs to never assume when he's on the field, just the way that he said it you knew he meant much more than what he said.

Branigan

Noob
Jun 18, 2013

Absolutely agree! Not that I don't like Ironside, I do. But his voice didn't always sound like he was into what he was saying. As if he was just talking to be talking. Eric breathes life into the character a bit more so far from what I've experienced and I think that when he threatens it actually sounds way more convincing because he does it with such a calm demeanor. Like when he told Briggs to never assume when he's on the field, just the way that he said it you knew he meant much more than what he said.
Good point! I like the way you phrased that, he definitely "breathes life" into the character.

Nov 15, 2011
Eric did a solid performance if you ask me, its sad to see Michael Ironside go. But hey , Eric isn't that bad he brings a younger more capable Sam thats ready to get the job done.
P.S Michael Ironside needs a break anyway the guy's like 60 + something. I don't think I can go hours on in with that animation capture mesh suit around me without having a heart attack at that age. Just saying, but for real Ironside will be missed ^_^

HeidiHoe

Noob
Jan 9, 2008
After I got used to the shock of hearing a different voice out of Sam's mouth I was actually surprised at what a good job it was. I still think Ironside is the perfect Fisher but I can't complain here. I think the new guy did a really solid job.

Branigan

Noob
Jun 18, 2013
After I got used to the shock of hearing a different voice out of Sam's mouth I was actually surprised at what a good job it was. I still think Ironside is the perfect Fisher but I can't complain here. I think the new guy did a really solid job.

A good way to phrase it, I liked Ironside as well. I haven't really heard anyone condemn Eric for his performance, rather, it has been a collective sigh that Ironside is done.