Status
Not open for further replies.

Bot-IGN

<marquee> Crush... Kill... Post Articles... </marq
Mar 28, 2001
Article Comments for [link=http://movies.ign.com/articles/114/1142530p1.html]Emma Frost Talks X-Men: First Class[/link]
by Phil Pirrello

Summary:
Say what you will about the 1960s-set, prequel/reboot X-Men: First Class, but at least it features Emma Frost in full cleavage mode. So says Frost herself, actor January Jones. [link=http://movies.ign.com/articles/114/1142530p1.html]Read Full Article[/link]

fzdoom22

Noob
Dec 7, 2009
Wasn't Emma Frost in Wolverine? Wasn't Wolverine set in the 80's? Wasn't Cyclops younger than her, yet isn't in First Class? Holy awful continuity Batman!

M

Motorrizer95

Original poster
The answer is that nobody cares about X-Men Origins Wolverine, not even the people making the second Wolverine movie. Think of it as an isolated movie that didn't really happen.

Geterman30

Noob
Feb 11, 2009
The X-Men series continuity is a garbled pile of mess. I hope that this is a reboot of the franchise because with the Wolverine movie, everything is f'ed up. But I can't say that I am a fan of the direction they are taking with the story or characters in this either. The characters they have don't fit into the first class of X-Men. So if this is set in the 60's, are they making a modern X-Men which will have Scott, Hank, Jean, Bobby, and Hank born in the late 70's, early 80's? I guess I will have to wait until it comes out to make a final decision.

kbroxmysox

Almost Not a Noob
Oct 26, 2007
Eh I don't think she has the acting choice to pull off Emma, especially if all she can mention about the character is her curves.

JediMasterGabe

Almost Not a Noob
Mar 7, 2010
Yea pretty much Xmen Orgins never happened. And yes this movie may not be shaping up to have great continuity, but that doesn't mean it will be a bad movie. Besides they have a super hot chick playing Emma Frost in skimpy outfits. That's something right there.

I

Icecreamkilla

Original poster
Shouldn't we be seeing production photos or something by now if it's coming out in july?

ryleym

Noob
Jan 2, 2005
yeeeah, if it's due this summer we should have been seeing production photos already. So either they haven't been doing anything on it like they've said, or they're keeping it under heavy wraps... Let's hope it's the latter.

Dec 10, 2008
Men the x-men movies have gone so overboard and so inconsistent. Emma Frost is a full grown woman in the 1960s and during the time of wolverine which was in the 1970s she is a teenager who happens to be the sister of an American Indian. Wow this x-men needs some serious reboot after this. I think marvel should take back there product from fox and start from scratch and the best story to do it with is the beginning of uncanny x-men but without the monstrousness eye-land. Xavier recruits new mutants to save his old ones, wolverine, storm, colossus, and the rest should be led by cyclops who is the only person that escaped from the eye-land and they can use the savage land for that story. I think that is the best thing for the x-men to do and after all this years there is no single sentinal and that one from part 3 does not count.

Aug 23, 2010
I was a little skeptical of her being cast as Emma Frost, but she is a pretty good actress, she's gorgeous, and that picture is a great resemblance. Wonder if she'll do a British accent like Frost.

Feb 6, 2008
@ azogtheuruk13 yeah but this movie is set apart from Wolverine[face_shock]rigin movie...think of that movie as a prequel to the bryan singer X-men movies(minus that mess of X3) dont you know that this is a prequel/reboot movie? well whatever..i rather see this movie then that trash of a movie call Transformers: The Dark of The Moon which is probably one of the most UNoriginal titles i've probably ever heard of seen

Jul 28, 2010
I'm not the least bit surprised that after completely abandoning the other X-men's costumes in the previous films they decided to keep Emma Frost's. That is true Hollywood style for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.