Senorerik

Serious Business
Aug 12, 2007
With e3 starting in about a week, it's time for us to finally get the answers to the questions we've been asking for the past five years. Who will be the final smash brother? Will our missing comrades, Dr. Mario and Pichu, return for the fourth iteration of the epic saga? Will the body behind the furtive master hand be revealed? Will Mario's crippling shroom addiction again leave him tripping in the middle of a brawl?

TheLonePuff15

Almost Not a Noob
Jun 12, 2008
I think what we will be seeing in Super Smash Brothers Altercation is a plethora of new mechanics that fit every different character. When playing as Dr. Mario your controller will be shaking uncontrollably, since he is somewhat of a shady doctor if you ask me. Maybe if you play as Peach the controller will be dripping wet. It's hard to tell at this point, so we'll just have to wait for the conference. Thanks, Señor Erik, for this quality discussion starter. Sometimes I wish there were more people about there like you.

Thanks, again. :)

Senorerik

Serious Business
Aug 12, 2007
I think what we will be seeing in Super Smash Brothers Altercation is a plethora of new mechanics that fit every different character. When playing as Dr. Mario your controller will be shaking uncontrollably, since he is somewhat of a shady doctor if you ask me. Maybe if you play as Peach the controller will be dripping wet. It's hard to tell at this point, so we'll just have to wait for the conference. Thanks, Señor Erik, for this quality discussion starter. Sometimes I wish there were more people about there like you.

Thanks, again. :)
Those are some solid predictions I really can't seem them not being confirmed at e3. Thank you for your insightful post, it really added some much needed quality to this thread.

Last edited:

TheLonePuff15

Almost Not a Noob
Jun 12, 2008
I persnoaly believe we will get 0 information, or at least mis information

Sakurai is straight up going to lie to us about everything. Possibly even about the game even existing at all.
Again a solid A+ prediction. Thank you very much for replying to my thread.

No problem man. See, I've been practicing over the past few years on my ability to add to conversations in way that keeps the conversation natural with a good flow. Thanks for the compliment and, again, thanks for posting this awesome thread. :)

Senorerik

Serious Business
Aug 12, 2007
Sakurai is straight up going to lie to us about everything. Possibly even about the game even existing at all.
Again a solid A+ prediction. Thank you very much for replying to my thread.

No problem man. See, I've been practicing over the past few years on my ability to add to conversations in way that keeps the conversation natural with a good flow. Thanks for the compliment and, again, thanks for posting this awesome thread. :)
It's really paying off. Your insightful comments really help drive the community forward. Good work. [face_applause] And thank you for calling my thread awesome, that was truly kind thing to say.

Dillo64

Armadillustrator
I imagine that before every match there will be a lottery that picks a random player and gives them 5 Final Smashes to use throughout the match. Cannot be turned off. Also tripping will be removed in favor of a new mechanic called "Spontaneous Combustion" which works similarly to tripping but results in KO. Also Item Switch has been removed.

Secondly the online feature will no longer allow you to see what character your opponent is playing as, since that would be a gross invasion of privacy, so all characters on the screen will be covered by a black square while playing online. Also no battle quotes or usernames, and online match time has been changed to 1 minute FFA only to keep things moving so everyone can play.

Lastly there will be 12 Namco-Bandai characters, including Goku, Roger the Kangaroo, and Pacman in his Mokujin mech with no actual Pacman moves. The rest will consist of several long-forgotten obscure Japan-only Namco characters, while several characters like Falco and Ganondorf will be removed from the roster to make room. Lloyd and Jin will be Assist Trophies.

[hl=#111100]~[/hl][hl=#171400] [/hl][hl=#1e1700]T[/hl][hl=#251a00] [/hl][hl=#2b1e00]h[/hl][hl=#322100] [/hl][hl=#392400]e[/hl][hl=#3f2800] [/hl][hl=#462b00] [/hl][hl=#4d2e00] [/hl][hl=#543201]D[/hl][hl=#543201] [/hl][hl=#4e3001]i[/hl][hl=#482e01] [/hl][hl=#432c01]l[/hl][hl=#3d2a01] [/hl][hl=#382901]l[/hl][hl=#322701] [/hl][hl=#2d2501]o[/hl][hl=#272301] [/hl][hl=#222202]~[/hl]

TheLonePuff15

Almost Not a Noob
Jun 12, 2008
I imagine that before every match there will be a lottery that picks a random player and gives them 5 Final Smashes to use throughout the match. Cannot be turned off. Also tripping will be removed in favor of a new mechanic called "Spontaneous Combustion" which works similarly to tripping but results in KO. Also Item Switch has been removed.

Secondly the online feature will no longer allow you to see what character your opponent is playing as, since that would be a gross invasion of privacy, so all characters on the screen will be covered by a black square while playing online. Also no battle quotes or usernames, and online match time has been changed to 1 minute FFA only to keep things moving so everyone can play.

Lastly there will be 12 Namco-Bandai characters, including Goku, Roger the Kangaroo, and Pacman in his Mokujin mech with no actual Pacman moves. The rest will consist of several long-forgotten obscure Japan-only Namco characters, while several characters like Falco and Ganondorf will be removed from the roster to make room. Lloyd and Jin will be Assist Trophies.

[hl=#111100]~[/hl][hl=#171400] [/hl][hl=#1e1700]T[/hl][hl=#251a00] [/hl][hl=#2b1e00]h[/hl][hl=#322100] [/hl][hl=#392400]e[/hl][hl=#3f2800] [/hl][hl=#462b00] [/hl][hl=#4d2e00] [/hl][hl=#543201]D[/hl][hl=#543201] [/hl][hl=#4e3001]i[/hl][hl=#482e01] [/hl][hl=#432c01]l[/hl][hl=#3d2a01] [/hl][hl=#382901]l[/hl][hl=#322701] [/hl][hl=#2d2501]o[/hl][hl=#272301] [/hl][hl=#222202]~[/hl]

Oh my god I don't care

ShadowHydra

No Longer a Noob
Apr 11, 2005
I remain a fervent advocate of never ever having Waluigi be a roster choice.

Even Captain Toad is better.

Dec 18, 2004
sorry everyone, but E3 has been cancelled. you will have to find some other way to excite yourselves, only to be inevitably let down later on. i suggest masturbation, it's slightly more productive

sonicdjs

Almost Not a Noob
Jun 23, 2007
sorry everyone, but E3 has been cancelled. you will have to find some other way to excite yourselves, only to be inevitably let down later on. i suggest masturbation, it's slightly more productive
you're like legit my friend dude no **** of course