Oct 3, 2008
This "article" made me lol.

[link=http://thedailypixel.com/2012/02/08/horror-at-car-racing-event-as-driver-intentionally-drives-wrong-way-around-track/]Horror at car racing event as driver intentionally drives wrong way around track[/link]

I might be older, but I don't think I can play a racer for more than 10 minutes before I drive round the track backwards, crashing into cars. In fact, when I played Grid I think that is pretty much all I did.

Tiger61378

You gonna scream before I ban ya?
Sep 4, 2000
Fyrestone, deep in the Borderlands
I remember doing a time trial comp here that involved taking a car around the Nurburgring the wrong way back when GT4 was still big...the times were hard to get, but it was fun as hell.

Oh, and then there's always the infamous "Car Pool" photos I used to do with the Raminator on Seattle...max modded Dodge Ram in a -10 Family Cup race at Seattle Forward, you drive to the top of the hill, wait for the crappy cars that you're racing to get to the bottom, then use a nitrous boost to go FLYING head on into them, creating utter chaos [face_devil] :^O

I don't do that stuff in GT5 though...its nearly impossible to get such insane races set up now, plus we don't have Seattle any more :(

GTporsche

Another State of Mind
Sep 2, 2006
I've driven laps in reverse, but never in the wrong direction.

Jan 16, 2014
This will never happen in real life....Ferrari F2007 @ Nordschleife Reverse.

In reverse, Nordschleife is another beast. Enjoy the ride.

ZaXoFF7

No Longer a Noob
Jan 20, 2009
Behind you...
The only time in years that I've driven backward around a track was when messing around with 'thread the needle' style drifting and such, where one car drifts one way, and one drifts as close as possible to the first, going in the opposite direction. I tend to not do things to people that I hate having done to me, so I'd never do that online in a normal lobby, and dirty/chaotic lobbies don't interest me much. As for offline, I think I did mess around with driving the X2010 into cars on the straight of the Nurburgring once, but it wasn't spectacular enough to care. Until racing games reach BeamNG levels of vehicular destructibility (which sim racers will never do due to licensing issues), it's just not that interesting.

Doing such things in a game like Grand Theft Auto V is a whole other story... :D

vyto2

Star
Jul 25, 2001
The old nascar games you could drive the wrong way, maybe smack a few cars before the rest of the field would exit the track and you'd be alone. If you want destruction in cars you should try split second, great game for trying to destroy your competition.

taterdog

Prime Member
Feb 5, 2014
I have but not anymore I made up some challenges in gt4 like smokey and the bandit where I had people race the wrong way