Status
Not open for further replies.

WiseMock00

Prime Member
Jun 22, 2006
Driver San Francisco is a modern day realistic racing/shifting game. At first glance the game seems weird controlling and shifting but once I got use to the controls the game became very fun, addicting and constantly action packed. Shifting keeps the game going so when you crash you don’t have to turn around and drive forever to catch up. It’s pretty cool for example im playing tag chasing my target trying to get the tag and I ram right behind a car I quickly switch to another car close by and keep on zooming in for my target. It keeps the game interesting and fresh. The graphics are better than I thought, they could use some work but their not to bad and kind of fit the theme. Only 2 modes can be played in multiplayer in the free for all category is Tag and Trailblazer. Although there are many more interesting modes that seem promising and if you’re not a shifter fan there are other modes that are non shift. It seems promising and it’s constantly action packed I had some pretty crazy moments where someone turned into a ramp truck and I ramped over that player got ahead and took the lead in trailblazer. When you get the feel for things and play with experienced players it gets awesomely fun. Replay value seems like it would be huge in this game.

Improvements: I think the game could improve in the next game or now.
More cinematic feel: this goes for single player to I think a cinematic feel to this game with more action more random things going on through the world would be amazing. For example if I make collision with a car maybe a slow mo cam can show me quickly shift into a new car like it never happened.
Shifting abilities: I think while in shift mode/focus mode I think being able to maybe throw objects at opponents would be cool. Use your ability meter to flip a car in the middle of the road or some other object.
Better drifting: driver has a decent drifting *I guess* it seems realistic but I think it needs a tad less realism and some cool drifting.
More things to play with: this kind of goes hand in hand with cinematic feel but, I loved the launch raps it was fun but maybe different road hazards ad things that can benefit you and make it an epic chase. Maybe even some perks where you can use an ability to get a sand truck driver etc to get on the road and bust open. I’m not sure what to put but something that makes things more epic.
Cops: I dunno if in other modes if cops do anything, but I think cops should be low in the game but still in it where in some situations cops chase you and distract you while you’re playing trailblazer or tag.

I think the games multiplayer is awesome just needs some tune ups.

I give the multiplayer 4/5

joeshmoe86

No Longer a Noob
Jun 12, 2003
Yeah good job [face_applause] I would agree for the most part. I'm thinking the full game may be a little more refined, demo's are just demo's, just to give you an idea and taste of what you can expect. I would be real happy if the full game was exactly like the demo though, does seem like I could get alot of replay value, I don't get to replaying many games lately, but this game I'm sure I will :)

Status
Not open for further replies.