Status
Not open for further replies.

Bot-IGN

<marquee> Crush... Kill... Post Articles... </marq
Mar 28, 2001
Article Comments for [link=http://ps3.ign.com/articles/110/1105408p1.html]Driver Delayed; Splinter Cell Sales Near Two Million[/link]
by Jim Reilly

Summary:
Citing a competitive market at Christmas, Ubisoft announced today that it is delaying Driver: San Francisco until its fiscal fourth quarter, which begins on January 1, 2011. [link=http://ps3.ign.com/articles/110/1105408p1.html]Read Full Article[/link]

OutstandingMike

Almost Not a Noob
Feb 4, 2006
I don't get that to be honest, yes it's very competitive at xmas time, but the sales would still be huge. It's more likely to sell in November/December time, then in January-March, so unless Ubisoft and Reflections still feel more time is needed to complete the game[which is likely I guess], but if thats not the case then I really don't understand the reasoning for the delay.

Feb 27, 2010
I liked the first Driver game but the later ones just felt sub par when compared to GTA, but this one sounds like it is just different enough to capture my attention again

BenHoppus

Noob
Jun 28, 2009
@ztonkin

You hit the nail on the head, he can basically teleport because he was in a coma? gtfo Ubisoft

MrRobP

No Longer a Noob
Aug 19, 2007
I was actually looking forawrd to the new Driver game lol :( Ah well at least if its being held back it gives them a chance to take their time with it & make a good game.

May 10, 2010
I've seen the new Driver & don't like it so I could care less about this game
But also Ubisoft is delaying are there games they must not believe they are good enough so why should anyone else

smeigal737

Noob
Mar 3, 2010
@BenHoppus

I dont think he gets those powers FROM a coma. I believe he has them WHILE he is in a coma. Thus meaning, The guy you are playing is really just dreaming the whole game. haha

sfgunner

Noob
Nov 27, 2008
@King_Gamer19- you sounds like a fucking moron "I've seen the new Driver & don't like it so I could care less about this game But also Ubisoft is delaying are there games they must not believe they are good enough so why should anyone else" where have you Played the game? are you going off some pictures and the video conference of Driver:SF ? pushing back a game means more work on it, meaning a better gamer asshole

the "Coma Powers" not sure about that one but in a way i like it. i need more info about it because it throws the reality out the window maybe it can be a good thing who knows right? for all we know the Coma Power can be a very cool thing in the game, thats something us gamers has to find out and play the game. any gamer out there, Driver IS NOT A RACING GAME LIKE N4S/ GT5 ok...

RusSoUL

Noob
Dec 28, 2007
King_Gamer19
I know eh, from the developers video they showed, didnt inspire me at all, seems pretty dull. Couldnt care less if they delay it or not.

UFN101

Noob
Apr 12, 2005
Ubisoft - The international pussies of business.

It seems like EVERY goddamn year they whimper "Oh but Christmas is when the big boys release their games, we'll just quietly release ours later on when no one is looking"

Pathetic.

OutstandingMike

Almost Not a Noob
Feb 4, 2006
UFN101 said:
Ubisoft - The international pussies of business.

It seems like EVERY goddamn year they whimper "Oh but Christmas is when the big boys release their games, we'll just quietly release ours later on when no one is looking"

Pathetic.

Agreed, I just don't understand their reason for the delay. I think if Ubi said the game is being delayed to 'improve the gameplay' or 'fix the glitches', I could understand the reasoning for the delay. I think it's a lame excuse to not release the game during the busy christmas period, just because there are other big games around at that time.

At the end of the day, they're missing out on big christmas sales and obviously lose more money. Driver is still a big franchise and IF DSF recieves positive reviews, it will sell millions worldwide. Maybe Ubisoft have no faith in the quality of their product.

Feb 23, 2009
so they are intentionally missing out on xmas sales now? Red Steel 2 could have sold better with the holiday season and was pushed back as well, what is it with ubicrap?

Jan 31, 2005
Fuck the new Splinter Cell. Seriously. It blows. How the fuck have they sold 2 million copies? 2 million NOOBS. Thats who they sold it to. A bunch of **** who didn't play any past Splinter Cell.

Ubisoft does not deserve 120 million dollars for this slice of shit.

Abena

Noob
May 28, 2004
"Please tell me Driver is delayed to rewrite the stupid concept. Telepathy in a coma my ass."

Exactly the same thing I was thinking. Ubisoft has been acting loopy ever since E3.

May 17, 2006
Splinter Cell: Conviction on the Xbox 360 has become a multi-million seller so quickly because it is an AWESOME game that is FUN to play! The storyline, plot, grahics, controls are all perfect.

dogg76

Noob
Sep 23, 2008
Fuck the new Splinter Cell. Seriously. It blows. How the fuck have they sold 2 million copies? 2 million NOOBS. Thats who they sold it to. A bunch of **** who didn't play any past Splinter Cell.

Ubisoft does not deserve 120 million dollars for this slice of shit.
Posted by: RedPhantomX on July 12, 2010 17:40 PDT
Report Abuse

LOL I never played prior Splinter Cell Games and even I know this new game sucked. Story mode was so weak.

Jul 17, 2003
Avatar? REALLY!?! Christ that retarded franchise just continues to exist now, doesn't it? The movie's success was hard enough to understand, but Ubi Soft's Lost Planet 2-esque budget ripoff saw "sustained sales"?

Goddamn it, mainstream gamers make me sick. If only more Americans in general thought for themselves instead of doing whatever the media told them to - a lot of horrible people would stop making money and society would be better as a whole. And, most importantly, we'd get less crappy video games! And more AWESOME, original games would sell better.

Although, good for Ubi Soft. They're a good company.

JZ3Racing

The Driver King
Dec 12, 2003
OutstandingMike said:
These spammers are pissing me off [face_shame_on_you]

Me too [face_angry]

I’ll say this once again, to all the people that don't like the concept of "Shifting" you don't have to do it, I've said it before and so did Martin Edmondson. You can play through the game and not "Shift" at all, so that way it will be like you're playing the first Driver all over again, but with better graphics, driving physics, and a bigger more alive San Francisco to drive in.

Jun 9, 2007
wow 2 million morons bought that crappy game.. Gosh i thought Splinter sell was freaking terrible, lame story, extremely short, boring gets old quick MP..

Amz1217

Noob
Feb 7, 2010
@Valcrist07Zealot

Actually it could have been 2 million people with a different taste in games to you because there maybe people that actually LIKED the game, it's like calling the 20 million people that bought MW2 "morons" it's not really my favourite game I personally prefer Bad Company 2 but it's not really fair insulting them considering a lot of those people actually like the game while maybe you might not have.

Heyness

Noob
Jan 23, 2008
RedPhantomX said:
2 million NOOBS. Thats who they sold it to. A bunch of **** who didn't play any past Splinter Cell.

How do you survive walking around being so ignorant? Using the term "****" to disparage anyone automatically brands you as a bigot and an idiot. Also, you simply have no idea what you are talking about. I've played every SC game since they were created and I loved them, and I loved Conviction. It's different, yes, but it's still pure SC. Anyone who says different has obviously not played the game.

Please go back to your room. The adults are trying to talk.

qi19

Noob
Sep 3, 2010
Conviction was a sick game and still is I love it.
it proved that not every game has to be the same like cock of duddy black cocks 6957

qi19

Noob
Sep 3, 2010
driver looks good but why was true crime 3 shot down I miss the good old gays were driver and true crime were going head to head

Status
Not open for further replies.