Dante-

Mod Trigger
★ MOD
Mar 25, 2009
Red Grave City
How far do you have to go with the romance before you get the trophy?

The description says "commit to a romantic relationship" and I'm sure I've done that. I'm at the point where kissing my partner is one of the dialogue options and so is ending the relationship.

Anyone got the trophy/achievement yet?

Dante-

Mod Trigger
★ MOD
Mar 25, 2009
Red Grave City
probably get it after they have sex. Is when i got all the ones for romance in the first game.
Yeah that's what I thought. Just bad wording in the description. To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of the romantic options this time around.

i'm going for Cassandra with my guy. Female wise i don't know which dude i'd try for. lol. guess Cullen.
Yeah, Cassandra is who I'd go for. I'm rolling with a female rogue but none of the choices are good. I would probably choose Dorian if I could but since I can't it doesn't leave much. I've went with Blackwall just because it was easy.

AnimeKing2009

The Knight of Zero
Jun 2, 2009
Yeah that's what I thought. Just bad wording in the description. To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of the romantic options this time around.

i'm going for Cassandra with my guy. Female wise i don't know which dude i'd try for. lol. guess Cullen.
Yeah, Cassandra is who I'd go for. I'm rolling with a female rogue but none of the choices are good. I would probably choose Dorian if I could but since I can't it doesn't leave much. I've went with Blackwall just because it was easy.

He is likely what i'd do. Iron bull is...well Iron bull. Cullen and Blackwall are the only options for the female unless you want to be Gay with Sera. You can romance Solas but only if you are a female Elf.

Kamurocho_Freak

𝔐𝔬𝔬𝔫 𝔊𝔬𝔡𝔡𝔢𝔰𝔰 𝔚𝔬𝔯𝔰𝔥𝔦𝔭𝔭𝔢𝔯
★ MOD
Apr 24, 2010
Aokigahara
I received the trophy for romancing Josie last night. After flirting enough that I had the options to kiss her/end the relationship, I did a few more side missions before being notified of another personal quest to complete for her. Without going too deep into spoiler territory, there were a few ways to approach this quest, one of which led to the relationship becoming deeper, and earning the trophy. Still waiting on that sex scene though.[face_mischief][face_tongue]

Dante-

Mod Trigger
★ MOD
Mar 25, 2009
Red Grave City
I received the trophy for romancing Josie last night. After flirting enough that I had the options to kiss her/end the relationship, I did a few more side missions before being notified of another personal quest to complete for her. Without going too deep into spoiler territory, there were a few ways to approach this quest, one of which led to the relationship becoming deeper, and earning the trophy. Still waiting on that sex scene though.[face_mischief][face_tongue]
I've done a lot of sidequests since getting the option to kiss Blackwall. I'll do a story chapter and see if that changes anything. I was considering pursuing Josephine but Blackwall seemed to put out early on lol

AnimeKing2009

The Knight of Zero
Jun 2, 2009
I've done a lot of sidequests since getting the option to kiss Blackwall. I'll do a story chapter and see if that changes anything. I was considering pursuing Josephine but Blackwall seemed to put out early on lol

He's a Warden. He is living on borrowed time. Why waste it lol. [face_tongue]

ItsDaMan

No Longer a Noob
Jun 25, 2011
Cullen isn't so bad a romance; not particularly engaging, but definitely not a bad or annoying romance. Shudders at me romancing Jacob once in ME2...once... #-o

n7oldnavy

Almost Not a Noob
Apr 27, 2012
Cassandra isn't so bad a romance. next playthrough its going to be Josephine.

Some_Random_Aussie

Vanguard of Thread Destruction
Sep 28, 2008
Castle Spamalot
Cullen isn't so bad a romance; not particularly engaging, but definitely not a bad or annoying romance. Shudders at me romancing Jacob once in ME2...once... #-o
I'm surprised anyone found him interesting enough to do that. I took him to Omega once I'd dealt with the Illusive Man and immediately ditched him when I picked up Zaeed. The only other time I used him was to deal with his daddy issues.

Which made his appearance in Citadel in ME3 hilarious. Who'd have thought that all it would take was Rock Em Sock Em Robots to make him not appear totally boring?

powersp

No Longer a Noob
Jul 30, 2003
HELL
Blackwell is kinda DAI's Jacob imo. I romanced Josie w my first guy, and I'll be firing up a mage today. I plan on getting Cass with him.

Last edited:

CareerGirl

Noob
Sep 8, 2013
I wanted my female rogue to romance cullen but he is racist against qunari [face_angry] so i went with iron bull before i knew Dorian was an option. Totally would have gone with Dorian...i love me some plucky mages [face_tongue]

KLGChaos

No Longer a Noob
Oct 9, 2001
I wanted my female rogue to romance cullen but he is racist against qunari [face_angry] so i went with iron bull before i knew Dorian was an option. Totally would have gone with Dorian...i love me some plucky mages [face_tongue]

Dorian is gay, though, so men only. He actually made a joke about it with my Inquisitor, despite the fact that I was in Josephine. About how people talk. I like the character as well. He's actually one of my favorite characters--- a bit arrogant, but a good heart. And I like the banter between him and Blackwall. Starts out with them taking digs at each other and they slowly become more friendly. And Varric's nickname for him... LOL.

CareerGirl

Noob
Sep 8, 2013

Dorian is gay, though, so men only. He actually made a joke about it with my Inquisitor, despite the fact that I was in Josephine. About how people talk. I like the character as well. He's actually one of my favorite characters--- a bit arrogant, but a good heart. And I like the banter between him and Blackwall. Starts out with them taking digs at each other and they slowly become more friendly. And Varric's nickname for him... LOL.

:^O My poor Inquisitor cannot catch a break. Oh well
I have not used Blackwall much so not familiar with banter. Varric's nickname for him was sparkles right?
The party banter in this game seems really sparse compared to the other games doesn't it?

KLGChaos

No Longer a Noob
Oct 9, 2001

:^O My poor Inquisitor cannot catch a break. Oh well
I have not used Blackwall much so not familiar with banter. Varric's nickname for him was sparkles right?
The party banter in this game seems really sparse compared to the other games doesn't it?

The party banter was bugged. They just released a patch today to fix/increase it.

And close-- Varric's calls him Sparkler.

I feel you, though. The straight male options are lackluster as well. Most of the romances in this game aren't that great, imo. It's a case of trying to give too many options, so they all suffer.

Sep 7, 2008
I was fairly happy with my romance with Cassandra but I agree they all seem to be a bit lack luster... I'm not asking for anything graphic but I feel like alot of the scenes could be idk longer? Not just the sex scenes but all of the romantic scenes, more dialogue in general with your partner would be great.