revelated

The Franchise
Oct 18, 2002
OK.

I've got a debate going on with a friend of mine.

First let me warn you, he can actually tolerate the way the Warriors games look on PS2, I can't. After seeing the game on 360 there's no way I can deal with the horrendous graphics KOEI did on this game. He just likes the SIXAXIS controller whereas I think it's a piece of crap.

Anyway...every time a new Warriors game comes out, we have this debate. He says that he doesn't mind paying $50 for the regular game and another $30 for an addon which arguably includes features that should, and often could, have been in the original game. it just feels like KOEI is trying to rip people off. We've had:

DW2
DW3
DW3: XL
DW4
DW4: XL
DW PSP
DW2 PSP
DW5
DW5: XL
SW
SW: XL
SW2
SW2: XL (coming soon)
SW PSP
Mystic Heroes (ugh...)
Warriors Orochi
WO:XL (most likely)

I keep telling him...it's a rip off to release an "expansion" that doesn't really expand upon much. I mean if you look at Persona 3 vs. Persona 3 FES, there's a significant difference in what you get with FES, plus it includes the original Persona 3 enhanced, at a lower price point. Or Kingdom Hearts and KH: Final Mix. REAL enhancements and expansions, not some $30 coaster that adds two-four characters and a couple of stages to the same exact game.

So anyway, I think it's a ripoff, and I'd much rather KOEI focus on creating sequels that continuously improve upon the core gameplay. I think Warriors Orochi had the gameplay right, but with a horrible storyline. DW6 did a lot to go back to the days of DW2 and the endless stream of soldiers. But now, here comes SW2: Xtreme Legends, taking a step back yet again. Why not just make a Samurai Warriors 3, improved like with Dynasty Warriors 6 (and leave Kunoichi in it this time, damnit!)

Anyway, thoughts?

ZSMOKE707

Noob
Mar 5, 2008
i played more SW than DW, but was told DW6 is the sh!t. rented it. played for 10 minutes. ejected the disc and threw it across the room. I only liked SW for one thing; killing like 6000 people in one battle. I liked SW: Empires because you take over japan through being a ruthless warlord with a stable of killers at your disposal. I own SW: Orochi. liked the tag team idea, thought the story was at least better than most SW or DW games (yellow turban rebellion? never again). liked the 70+ characters you get and it definitely took me some time to get as far as I have. BUT i hated the new musou system, integrated from DW. Musou attacks were supposed to be the end all attack. you press one button and your attacks are deadly, sweeping and the added elemental attacks (fire shooting out of the ground) gave you lethal range. KOEI i hate you for killing an already flawed, but almost great, game.