-Foxy-

Uber Brat
★ MOD
Jul 22, 2002
in your thread, mussing it up
saw this recipe. I cant eat shrimp so I will have to sub, but it looks really good

10405480_10152603379905798_6696410928451219357_n.jpg

Curried Shrimp & Potato Kebabs

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/curried_shrimp_potato_kebabs.html

Makes: 4 servings, 1 kebab & 2 Tbsp. sauce each
Active Time:30 minutes
Total Time:30 minutes
Ingredients

• 12 new or baby potatoes
  • 3 tablespoons canola oil
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
  • 1 tablespoon curry powder
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 20 peeled and deveined raw shrimp, tails left on (20-25 per pound; see Tip)
  • 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
  • 1 teaspoon lime juice
Preparation

1. Preheat grill to medium. (No grill? See Broiler Variation.)
  2. Place potatoes in a microwave-safe container. Cover and microwave on High until just tender when pierced with a fork, 3 to 3 1/2 minutes.
  3. Meanwhile, combine oil, cilantro, curry powder, garlic and salt in a large bowl. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the mixture in a small bowl. Add shrimp and the potatoes to the large bowl; toss to coat. Thread the shrimp and potatoes onto four 12-inch skewers.
  4. Grill the kebabs, turning once, until the shrimp are pink and the potatoes are browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
  5. Stir yogurt and lime juice into the small bowl of reserved sauce. Serve each kebab with 2 tablespoons sauce.
Tips & Notes

• Tip: Shrimp is usually sold by the number needed to make one pound. For example, “21-25 count” means there will be 21 to 25 shrimp in a pound. Size names, such as “large” or “extra large,” are not standardized, so to get the size you want, order by the count per pound. Both wild-caught and farm-raised shrimp can damage the surrounding ecosystems when not managed properly. Fortunately, it is possible to buy shrimp that have been raised or caught with sound environmental practices. Look for fresh or frozen shrimp certified by an independent agency, such as the Marine Stewardship Council. If you can’t find certified shrimp, choose wild-caught shrimp from North America—it’s more likely to be sustainably caught.
  • Broiler Variation: Coat a broiler pan with cooking spray and place the skewers on the pan. Broil 3 to 4 inches from the heat source until the shrimp are pink and the potatoes are browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Nutrition

Per serving: 246 calories; 12 g fat (1 g sat, 7 g mono); 143 mg cholesterol; 15 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 19 g protein; 1 g fiber; 342 mg sodium; 243 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (23% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 2 lean meat, 2 fat

omnivus

something dumb
Aug 31, 2003
I like grilled shrimp. Curried.. not so much.

I just wish it was easier to marinate. I seems to resist marination more than most other things.

Bakris

The switch is now off.
Jul 17, 2014
The Commonwealth
My favorite way to do it is cajun seasoning, then grilled on a skewer. Not my favorite seafood, but I quite like it that way.

Silverwuf

Have trike will babble
Oct 1, 2005
I love shrimp but usually not with spices other than garlic. My favorite is fresh boiled with cocktail sauce.

IGNAuthentic

Almost Not a Noob
Feb 11, 2014
It depends on how fresh it is, and how it's prepared. I don't really like plain boiled shrimp, but if it's fried or rubbed with spices, I'll eat it.

MmeChaotic

Noob
Apr 23, 2014
Florida
I do like them. My BF makes paella with shrimp that is delish. I make a good fetta shrimp dish that has tomato sauce. I wouldn't eat it daily or even weekly, but once in a while it's good. I'm actually not a fan of fried shrimp, but I know it's because the fried shrimp I did taste was very sea-like. I like seafood with flavor, but tasting like the ocean.

Fozzie_Bear

Master Muppet
Oct 2, 2005
love, love, love, I love any kind of seafood. And, they love me too. I am not allergic to seafood.

are you Foxy's alt?

[face_tongue]

I love shrimp. this looks really good

the potatoes do have a chance to fall off. If you use 2 skewers instead of just 1 it reduces the chance.

Selio_raM

Noob
Nov 10, 2018
Can you tell me any other interesting recipes for shrimp dishes? Desirable something festive. For Christmas and New Year.:)

Ligtizar

Noob
Feb 21, 2019
Mmmmmmm..... Shrimps...

That's my go-to recipe when my cravings for the shrimp are especially unbearable.

Zen-G

Noob
Aug 7, 2017
USA
NOPE! Sorry. It's a bit rubbery to my liking. Not sure if that's how you call it. Not a big fan.

TJenx92

Noob
Dec 20, 2019
I love shrimp, whether just with cocktail sauce as an appetizer or seasoned and grilled on skewers or in pasta. Lean and high in protein so it’s good for a delicious and satisfying meal when I’m focused on dieting.

OneBigClam

Jes' fine
Jun 4, 2012
NH
So I'm thinking a hot oil frying pan, coat shrimp with batter, and crisp up the coating, while only heating up the shrimp without actually cooking them further. It could be done by a master chef like myself. :)

Fozzie_Bear

Master Muppet
Oct 2, 2005
if you are in the United States, here is the truth of the matter

the further inland you get, the worse the seafood.

you can only keep that shit fresh for so long. And no, I don't count previously frozen anything as fresh even if it was wild caught and frozen on the boat seconds after they pulled it out of the nets.

Apr 16, 2021
I like to do shrimp with coffee (ye, this is an unusual recipe, but it is very cool).

1) 1lb jumbo shrimp (peeled and deveined)
2) 1 tablespoon olive oil
3) sea salt & pepper to taste
4) olive oil spray
Cup o’ Joe Rub (makes ~11 servings)
1) 1/4 cup coffee beans
2) 1.5 tablespoon smoked paprika
3) 1 teaspoon cumin
4) 1.5 tablespoon coconut sugar
5) 1 teaspoon cayenne
6) 1teaspoon allspice
Garnish:
-parsley
-lemon

1. Place the ingredients for the Cup o’ Joe rub in a high-powered blender or food processor. Pulse blend until the coffee beans are semi-blended, yet still somewhat coarse. Taste the blend to ensure it is to your liking – add more or less of certain ingredients so that you get it just right for you. Go easy on the coffee though since it can be overpowering!
2. Season the shrimp with about 1.5 tablespoon of the rub and add olive oil. Mix it together using your hands and ensure all of the shrimp has been covered in the seasoning. Add a few pinches of sea salt & pepper.
3. Set a skillet on medium high heat and spray with olive oil. When the skillet is hot, toss in the shrimp. Stir it with a spatula to ensure the shrimp is not sticking to the skillet and to ensure that both sides of the shrimp are cooked. While the shrimp is cooking, add a few more pinches of sea salt & pepper.
4. Cook until the shrimp is completely cooked, usually when it has turned pink. Garnish with parsley and lemon juice and serve immediately. They go great with salads!