CurtisC925

Almost Not a Noob
Aug 11, 2007
California
I am one of many having great trouble playing this game. I have it on easy with htting sliders on max and still can not get good hits I am not that bad. I have zone targeting on and have hit the ball on target with perfect timing many times only to have it grounded or caught in air. With the sliders I have set to max I should be getting home runs every time yet have not noticed a difference at all.

This is discouraging and I want to like this game enough to play through franchise and after buy the next game as well.

Jeff_is_2Xtreme

Aggie Proud
Oct 28, 2003
The game is certainly not an easy one. It's far more weighted to the realistic sim than gaudy arcade. The sliders will make a difference but probably not to the extent that you are thinking. Just because power and contact are maxed out, that doesn't mean you'll be hitting a homerun every at bat. That should however mean that you could be getting into double digits in the hit column fairly regularly.

A side note though, I'm speaking from past games - which should still hold true for '13, but I can't imagine it being drastically different.

CurtisC925

Almost Not a Noob
Aug 11, 2007
California
I would not want to hit a home run with the sliders every bat if I could. I just want to see an improvement. I like that it is realistic but there are many casual gamers who are going to struggle with this. It seems they did not keep that in mind. I have them maxed and I feel it has not changed anything.

CrazyMatt88

Almost Not a Noob
Oct 23, 2012
Sliders can only do so much, could just be your timing and choice of swing (contact, normal & power), when I first started I set the sliders up, not to maximum, but up to give me a bit of help to learn the game, just keep at it and work on your timing, you'll get better trust me.

Kanejr00

Retired IGN Mod
Jun 17, 2004
USA
The only slider you need to adjust when having trouble hitting is the pitch speed slider. I was lucky to get 2 runs a game with the default sliders, so I went to YouTube.com for visual hitting tips and came across a video suggesting to increase the pitch speed slider 2 or 3 clicks. I tried doing so and it did wonders. I'm hitting the ball a lot better, but and I'm having games where I'm scoring 5+ runs, but due to the great baseball simulation that The Show is, although I'm still hitting the ball, I'm not able to score 5+ runs every game.