JesseMB27

Noob
Jun 26, 2013
Chances are there are some people who would dismiss this as a stupid idea, but I ask that you hear me out. I acknowledge that some live action adaption have turned out to be disastrous (e.g. Dragonball Evolution), but in the right hands it can be done (e.g. the Rurouni Kenshin movie).

This is my overall idea of how I would like a Digimon Live action film to be made:

Story: I think it would be wiser not make an adaption of a television series or video game, but an independent story set in its own continuity.
Overall mechanics: It should be something along the lines of Tamers with some elements from the various Digimon World video games.
Cast and Characters: I don't have any particular actors or V.A.s in mind.
Main Tamers/Digidestined: They would be a group who have come together by chance
*The Gogglehead: The actor for this character should be someone who is Japanese or of Eastern Asian heritage and has a dragon type Digimon as a partner.
*The Lancer: Preferably played by a female actress (and be a cross between Koji and Rika). Also should have a canine type Digimon.
*The Smart Guy: An Izzy and Henry Expy
*Kid appeal character (e.g. T.K., Kari, Cody, etc.)
*Gennai/Shibumi expy: He would be someone who is like Gennai and Shibumi (with a little bit of Morpheus added in) who has an intimate knowledge of Digimon and the Digital World.

Antagonists
*Hypnos/DATS/GIGO-like organization: First enemy the group would encounter. They work for Vamdemon/Myotismon (but not the same one from the Adventure continuity) disguised as a human who controls the world from behind the scenes. He is exposed and defeated in the course of the film.
**Rival Tamer (expy of Ken and Thomas) who serves said organization, but later joins the Tamers following Vamdemon's defeat.

Other
*Dagomon: I'd like for him to be someone who assists the group in fighting and exposing Vamdemon and could possibly be set up as the Big Bad of a sequel.
*Leomon: Again, someone who would play a role in a potential sequel and would be informed of a prophecy foretelling of his demise.

Oct 11, 2022
I'd probably do a new story set in the style of Tamers.

3 seperate kids discover the digital world and have to deal with the ramifications.

It's like Harry Potter in that the kids would grow up with each film. They start out as 10-12 year Olds and end the 3-5 film series as 18 year olds. It's also an Urban Fantasy where most of the early action is set in the real world.