hazamaza132

No Longer a Noob
Apr 19, 2006
I've been a Tony Hawks fan for a long time, the games and the legend himself.

I'm just wondering if this board ever had a great community?...if so what's the reason for its demise?. I mean, I know the games haven't been great of late, but surly their's still a market for them? (Even if Tony has seemingly retired).

GhastlyN

No Longer a Noob
Jan 30, 2004
Speaking of the Tony Hawk Underground games, I found THUG 2 at the pawn shop at a cheap decent price of 6 bucks.

is the gameplay any good besides the dumb story mode that involves Bam recruiting you?

KrobelustheMedavan

No Longer a Noob
Oct 14, 2005
Badstreet, USA
The gameplay in THUG2...well it is and isn't good.
It still plays similar to THUG, but it's also where the really cheesey aspects like sticker slaps, graffiti tags, and the natas spin were added. The roster of secret skaters includes some amusing ones like Shrek, Ben Franklin, Bigfoot, and Phil Margera...but the fact is the number of secret skaters is just too damn large, along with those you have two hidden pros Ryank Shekler(who gets his own slot) and Natas Kapas(who appears with the likes of Bigfoot, and Phil under the HIdden Skater's heading), but there are also more cheesey characters like a construction worker, a jester, a shrimp vendor, a kid in a bodycast, I think an alien, three different colored things called Space Monkey's...basically it's gameplay is okay but ti's just over-saturated with cheesey stuff.

Also I can't recall much about the levels, I spent most of the time playing in the classic levels(there's a really large selection of classic levels from 1-3).

Community died here because the games were awful, the sad thing is though Proving Ground and Project 8 could've easily been at least average games if Activision had given a shit. Things like create-a-park, the dozens if not hundreds of unlockable decks, actually interestng unlockable skaters(such as new pros, old legends, and the occasional off the wall character),classic levels and any non-story single player option were completely removed. Also you couldn't use things like specials, the agro kick(which replaced crouching as a speed boost), etc. in multi-player mode, and all pros shared specials with your created skaters. Just a really frustrating experience, because it actually could've been a decent game. The gameplay had gotten rid of the cheesier aspects, and the levels were pretty decent, but yeah they really phoned it in.