D

deleted-1085394

Original poster
I remember the conversation.

Colonel - "You're currently using artificial blood primed with nanomachines."

Raiden - "What did you do with my own blood?!"

C - "It's being kept in cold storage. It will be circulated back into your body when you return."

The conversation then continues to talk about the increased healing factor, and Raiden's blood being more efficient when clotting during bleeding. There were also numerous other functions that the nanomachines had. Raiden had 2nd generation nanomachines. This raises two questions. First, how did Raiden not know that all of his blood was taken? Second, did he ever get his blood back after the events of the game were concluded?

nickzambuto

No Longer a Noob
Nov 8, 2010
I've considered this before, and I came to the conclusion that it's impossible. The Patriots had Raiden's blood, and I doubt he would have been willing to just walk into their facility and allow them to operate on him. Not that it would really have mattered in the long run though, when he became a cyborg and started using white blood, he would have lost his original blood again anyway.

D

deleted-1085394

Original poster
I've considered this before, and I came to the conclusion that it's impossible. The Patriots had Raiden's blood, and I doubt he would have been willing to just walk into their facility and allow them to operate on him. Not that it would really have mattered in the long run though, when he became a cyborg and started using white blood, he would have lost his original blood again anyway.

It would really suck to be Raiden.

nickzambuto

No Longer a Noob
Nov 8, 2010
In MGS4, Raiden still has artificial blood. So no.
That's a different blood altogether from the original artificial blood. The MGS2 blood was still red. White blood is specially made for cyborgs.

There are a total of three bloods Raiden has gone through. His original blood. The Patriots suped up blood. And white cyborg blood. Also he's apparently using yet another new blood in Revengeance which is red once again.

ghos2

Almost Not a Noob
May 31, 2009
Missouri
Honestly I don't see why he'd want his old blood back, given the benefits of the artificial blood.

ghos2

Almost Not a Noob
May 31, 2009
Missouri

nickzambuto

No Longer a Noob
Nov 8, 2010
Honestly I don't see why he'd want his old blood back, given the benefits of the artificial blood.
Sentimental value? lol

And that the nanomachines allow the Patriots to monitor and control him?
Naomi mentioned that most of FOXDIE left Snake's body by 2014 through blood loss and secretion. Raiden is already pretty emo and probably cuts himself on a consistent schedule, and then just needs to contract some super diarrhea to speed up the process. If he does that he'd have those nanomachines removed within a month, tops.

Classicnerd

No Longer a Noob
Jun 12, 2014
That's a different blood altogether from the original artificial blood. The MGS2 blood was still red. White blood is specially made for cyborgs.

There are a total of three bloods Raiden has gone through. His original blood. The Patriots suped up blood. And white cyborg blood. Also he's apparently using yet another new blood in Revengeance which is red once again.

that reminds me: I totally need to play revengeance.

assassinscreedguy

No Longer a Noob
Mar 29, 2012
Sentimental value? lol

Naomi mentioned that most of FOXDIE left Snake's body by 2014 through blood loss and secretion. Raiden is already pretty emo and probably cuts himself on a consistent schedule, and then just needs to contract some super diarrhea to speed up the process. If he does that he'd have those nanomachines removed within a month, tops.

Okay, I lol'd.

OT though, could his Patriot-controlled blood have contributed to his capture pre-MGS4? What with the Patriots still being able to spy on him and all? It's a bit of a plot hole, but it's pretty easily filled with conjecture IMO.

Last edited:

Mortified_Penguin

Oppai Senpai
Apr 13, 2010
Mother Base
Sentimental value? lol

Plus he gets MESSED UP in his first fight with Vamp, because he's fighting with no regard for his own safety, and needs blood dialysis afterward. So he probably lost a lot of those nanos in that fight.

MGSDan

Almost Not a Noob
Mar 5, 2004
Reading this reminds me of how I wanted to play another game with MGS2 Raiden in it but then the cyborg stuff happened...
The actual character is a bit of tragedy come to think of it but then again everyone seems to be in MGS...

Classicnerd

No Longer a Noob
Jun 12, 2014
In the end of MGS2, there was romance in the air. Did that romance produce offspring?
-does Raiden have kids somewhere?

D

deleted-1085394

Original poster
Reading this reminds me of how I wanted to play another game with MGS2 Raiden in it but then the cyborg stuff happened...
The actual character is a bit of tragedy come to think of it but then again everyone seems to be in MGS...

Raiden's character was badly handeled in MGS4 IMO, along with Snake, Naomi, Meryl, and a few others I can't think of right now.

MGSDan

Almost Not a Noob
Mar 5, 2004

Raiden's character was badly handeled in MGS4 IMO, along with Snake, Naomi, Meryl, and a few others I can't think of right now.

I think one of the reasons is that there was too much in MGS4 in that sense; it felt like a race to climax.
Ideally; I think the space between MGS2 and everything that happened in MGS 4 should have taken place in two games. The pacing in MGS4 in terms of events and plot is much faster than any other MGS game.
When you then consider that MGS 5 concerned a story and character/s that is expendable it's even more evident. I think the problem with MGS5 was the opposite in that sense; the pacing was too slow in terms of the overall MGS sage.
So in summary; if the MGS 5 plot required a game as big as it was; the space between MGS2 and everything that happened in MGS4 really needed two games.