Status
Not open for further replies.

Cpt.wilches

Prime Member
Aug 18, 2006
Bruce at the moment is considered dead by Gotham City, But he is training in Asia with Ra's Al Ghul... remember? (nerd talk)[face_nerd]

Buffy_1997

Black Canarylicious
★ MOD
Jul 3, 2009
At one point, it was speculated that Adam Knight was going to be a young Bruce Wayne, but it never game to fruition.

http://smallville.wikia.com/wiki/Adam_Knight

Lord_Auric

Lord High President of Gallifrey
Dec 6, 2002
[blockquote]Buffy_1997 posted:
At one point, it was speculated that Adam Knight was going to be a young Bruce Wayne, but it never game to fruition.

[link=http://smallville.wikia.com/wiki/Adam_Knight]http://smallville.wikia.com/wiki/Adam_Knight[/link]
[/blockquote]
That would have been a lot better then what he became. I forgot he was played by Ian.

greatnessinc

below me
Jul 28, 2002
[blockquote]2-7-79 posted:
Nah we got Green Arrow instead. :)
[/blockquote]
Green Arrow is for all intents and purposes Smallville's batman.

Lord_Auric

Dec 6, 2002
[blockquote]greatnessinc posted:
[/blockquote]
[/blockquote]
Actually it seems like at times that GA is this world's Superman and the Blur is their Batman. Really in smallville they reversed the roles of the world's finest.

2-7-79

Star
Sep 26, 2001
Lord_Auric said:
[/blockquote]
[/blockquote]
Actually it seems like at times that GA is this world's Superman and the Blur is their Batman. Really in smallville they reversed the roles of the world's finest.

I wouldn't go that far. But I think more is done to make Green Arrow be more believable in that world since hes just a "regular" human as compared to clark and the rest of the jla.

eau_claire

Noob
Jan 29, 2009
Back in season 6, Gotham was mentioned a couple of times in the back dialogue in a couple of episodes. So I was hyped that they might do some batman lore or even take the show to Gotham for an episode or two. None of this seems likely now, but at least Dr Fate was kickass!

Lord_Auric

Dec 6, 2002
[blockquote]Lord_Auric posted:
[/blockquote]
[/blockquote]
[/blockquote]

I wouldn't go that far. But I think more is done to make Green Arrow be more believable in that world since hes just a "regular" human as compared to clark and the rest of the jla.
[/blockquote]
I mean they are backwards in how the view the world. GA is trying to go public and inspire the world while the Blur was dressed in black, sticks to the shadows and leave a calling card. It even seems like the blur likes to use fear vs hope. it's very weird to watch as the Blur is like Batman with powers.

Lord_Auric

Dec 6, 2002
I guessing he progressing towards hope. [face_tongue]
[/blockquote]
In this universe I know who the Sinestro ring would go after and some people call him Kal. Ok he's not the same level as Bruce. But smallville has seemed to take things from both Batman and Superman to make this version of Clark.

jurai3

Noob
Mar 24, 2011
were the hell is batman smallville [image=http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/11481/Batman_vs_Superman_Wallpaper.jpg]

chris119

Star
Aug 20, 2000
Michigan
Batman/Bruce Wayne never showed up on Smallville because, basically, the guys at WB thought that their fans are idiots and couldn't handle an alternate version of the characters because of Nolan's Batman films.

mysterioj

Noob
Apr 14, 2011
chris119 said:
Batman/Bruce Wayne never showed up on Smallville because, basically, the guys at WB thought that their fans are idiots and couldn't handle an alternate version of the characters because of Nolan's Batman films.

But they had no problem releasing Superman Returns with Smallville on the air.

I thought it actually had something to do with the rights to Batman. I know it's all owned by WB/DC but I think it had something to do with there being other Batman related movies/shows out there and the people at Smallville not having the proper permission/rights to use the character as a result. Or something stupid like that.

Though there was a vague reference to both Batman and Wonder Woman a few episodes back. In one of the episodes were Chloe returned this season, she mentions that she has dicovered other heroes out there including a "Wonderous Woman", and there was also an obvious reference to Batman (without flat out saying Batman), but I forget the exact wording that she used.

chris119

Star
Aug 20, 2000
Michigan
Superman Returns was kind of under the gun if I remember right; there's an ongoing legal battle over the rights to the series and they wanted to get as much use out of it as possible before they expired. Plus its pretty apparent now that Smallville and the Superman movies exist in their own separate worlds.

I think that the WB guys were really scared about stepping on Nolan's toes by showing a different sort of Batman on Smallville in addition to thinking fans would be confused. Meh, doesn't really matter now that the show's done filming.

Status
Not open for further replies.