DeadLazy

Prime Member
May 17, 2012
It’s a great world to visit, isn’t it? Love Diablo 4. I think after the hype year has died off it will be around for a long time. It’s the best presentation for Diablo and the look of the character models is insane.

OneBigClam

Jes' fine
Jun 4, 2012
NH
It’s a great world to visit, isn’t it? Love Diablo 4. I think after the hype year has died off it will be around for a long time. It’s the best presentation for Diablo and the look of the character models is insane.
It's beautiful. SO much better than Diablo 3.

DeadLazy

Prime Member
May 17, 2012
I do still think they made the correct decision with Diablo 3. Any realism from that era doesn’t hold up at all. Diablo 3 still looks good for when it came out.

But Diablo 4 nailed it. No cartoony looking characters or super heroes at all. They look so believable.

OneBigClam

Jes' fine
Jun 4, 2012
NH
My character is level 13, but I haven't figured out the sockets yet. My amulet has one, but so far no npc has offered any guidance on how to use them. And what am I supposed to embed anyway? I haven't seen any gems or anything.

I have a feeling it may have to do with something Horadric... [face_thinking]

DeadLazy

Prime Member
May 17, 2012
My character is level 13, but I haven't figured out the sockets yet. My amulet has one, but so far no npc has offered any guidance on how to use them. And what am I supposed to embed anyway? I haven't seen any gems or anything.

I have a feeling it may have to do with something Horadric... [face_thinking]
Are you playing seasonal servers or the eternal realm? They’re just gem slots and you’ll get introduced to the gem cutter at level 20, I think. On seasonal servers there’s a mechanic similar to gems that has you using slots in items too.

OneBigClam

Jes' fine
Jun 4, 2012
NH
Are you playing seasonal servers or the eternal realm? They’re just gem slots and you’ll get introduced to the gem cutter at level 20, I think. On seasonal servers there’s a mechanic similar to gems that has you using slots in items too.
Seasonal. Thanks.

DeadLazy

Prime Member
May 17, 2012
So when the season ends, we all just transition into another season?
Your character and all gear, money, meta game unlock stuff like skill points for your account, go to the eternal realm and remain there. Blizzard reserves the right to keep seasonal mechanics if they want.

So all your progress will go to the eternal realm and stay there. Then if you want to play next season, there will be a new seasonal realm with a new mechanic and all new characters.

But don’t stress it all your progress will continue and be saved. The eternal realm is permanent.

DeadLazy

Prime Member
May 17, 2012
By the way, what are these packets of herbs that can't be used or sold?
Not sure about the herbs….

No, after a season is over that character will be on the eternal realm. A season is a chance to reset the game, add experimental mechanics, and let everyone start over. You have to start a new character to play each season.

I usually play a season a year with a game like this. Two or three seasons a year? Not sure. I’m mostly eternal. I played the shit out of that game. So I I won’t really get into this first season.

OneBigClam

Jes' fine
Jun 4, 2012
NH
Not sure about the herbs….

No, after a season is over that character will be on the eternal realm. A season is a chance to reset the game, add experimental mechanics, and let everyone start over. You have to start a new character to play each season.

I usually play a season a year with a game like this. Two or three seasons a year? Not sure. I’m mostly eternal. I played the shit out of that game. So I I won’t really get into this first season.
Thanks. I was a little slow last night, but I get it now. Everyone plays on the Eternal Realm. It's the default. So once the season ends, I just keep playing Zeta as a normal character.

This is as good as anything Blizzard has ever done, in my opinion. If you like the Diablo loop, you'll LOVE this incarnation.

DeadLazy

Prime Member
May 17, 2012
Thanks. I was a little slow last night, but I get it now. Everyone plays on the Eternal Realm. It's the default. So once the season ends, I just keep playing Zeta as a normal character.

This is as good as anything Blizzard has ever done, in my opinion. If you like the Diablo loop, you'll LOVE this incarnation.
It’s so good. I agree. As good as anything Blizzard has done. They are taking so much shit too. But making me want to fire it up again.

DeadLazy

Prime Member
May 17, 2012
So is it online only or what?
It is, unfortunately if you’re into offline. I don’t mind. I’ve found good online games produce more content at a higher quality.

This I’m torn on. Because as a single player game it’s a great campaign.

OneBigClam

Jes' fine
Jun 4, 2012
NH
This latest boss is tough. I think she might take two people to bring her down. How do I join up with someone in the game?

DeadLazy

Prime Member
May 17, 2012
This latest boss is tough. I think she might take two people to bring her down. How do I join up with someone in the game?
You can’t join random people for dungeons through like a match making system. You’d have to actually look through town and ask people. Which boss? Always old school leveling. I’ll probably reinstall it this weekend and be on some soon. It’s got crossplay with Xbox.

OneBigClam

Jes' fine
Jun 4, 2012
NH
You can’t join random people for dungeons through like a match making system. You’d have to actually look through town and ask people. Which boss? Always old school leveling. I’ll probably reinstall it this weekend and be on some soon. It’s got crossplay with Xbox.
The bosses I'm having trouble with now are both tethered to demons, making them immune to damage until you kill the demons. That, coupled with the lack of any escape route to recover between attacks, means I eventually run out of health potions, despite them dropping occasionally when I kill one of the demons.

I have encountered two situations like this in the main quest line. There has to be a way to beat them, but I haven't figured it out yet.

DeadLazy

Prime Member
May 17, 2012
The bosses I'm having trouble with now are both tethered to demons, making them immune to damage until you kill the demons. That, coupled with the lack of any escape route to recover between attacks, means I eventually run out of health potions, despite them dropping occasionally when I kill one of the demons.

I have encountered two situations like this in the main quest line. There has to be a way to beat them, but I haven't figured it out yet.
This sounds like part of the seasonal mechanic main campaign and not the base story. I’ll reinstall this weekend. I think I have like a level 39 on the seasonal server? Can’t recall.

DeadLazy

Prime Member
May 17, 2012
Reinstalling now. Can’t remember the name of my toons off the top of my head. I think we can add each other to an in game friends list, and I have a mic and keys for coms.

I’ve yet to play this with someone else online outside of the public events. It was all couch co-op. So coms and friends lists in game are things I’m unfamiliar with.

When I get logged in I’ll post my seasonal character names.

OneBigClam

Jes' fine
Jun 4, 2012
NH
Reinstalling now. Can’t remember the name of my toons off the top of my head. I think we can add each other to an in game friends list, and I have a mic and keys for coms.

I’ve yet to play this with someone else online outside of the public events. It was all couch co-op. So coms and friends lists in game are things I’m unfamiliar with.

When I get logged in I’ll post my seasonal character names.
I don't have a mic, but that sounds good. This weekend would probably be better than today for me to play, because not only is today my birthday, but I'm also doing some yard work to prepare for Hurricane Lee. We could certainly set it up, though, so we're ready to go. I'll check it out as well.

DeadLazy

Prime Member
May 17, 2012
I don't have a mic, but that sounds good. This weekend would probably be better than today for me to play, because not only is today my birthday, but I'm also doing some yard work to prepare for Hurricane Lee. We could certainly set it up, though, so we're ready to go. I'll check it out as well.
Happy Birthday. Hurricane? Haven’t heard about that one yet. Yeah, get ready for sure.

Whenever man, I’m in no rush. I’ll post those names today though.

OneBigClam

Jes' fine
Jun 4, 2012
NH
@DeadLazy

The names of the two quests are, "The Apex of Misery", to the northeast, and, "The Darkened Passage", to the southeast. My Blizzard name is "deBeast".

DeadLazy

Prime Member
May 17, 2012
Character names here are Ichiban and Faithless.

We will figure it out this weekend. I’ll be around more on Sunday than Saturday.

DeadLazy

Prime Member
May 17, 2012
I’ll be home in a few hours. I was thinking I’d have all day Sunday but not home yet. But I’ll be around most the week too.

OneBigClam

Jes' fine
Jun 4, 2012
NH
I’ll be home in a few hours. I was thinking I’d have all day Sunday but not home yet. But I’ll be around most the week too.
No worries. I'm advancing and having fun. Just ignoring those two quests for the time being. I have an idea regarding summoning that I may try, but I need a few more skills first.

OneBigClam

Jes' fine
Jun 4, 2012
NH
Level 28 atm. So far the only Legendary item I have found was when I risked life and limb to chase down the Treasure Troll, lol. Dude was loaded.

DeadLazy

Prime Member
May 17, 2012
Level 28 atm. So far the only Legendary item I have found was when I risked life and limb to chase down the Treasure Troll, lol. Dude was loaded.
They’ll start dropping now and that will let you start figuring out your build. Your ultimate build will revolve around your gear. But 30 ish is when they start to drop a lot more.

-Troopa-

No Longer a Noob
Jul 7, 2019
So many games do a poor job -- or at least an inconsistent job -- of making loot feel worthwhile.

"Here's the amazing magical sword that has been passed down in our land since the beginning of time!"
The sword is -8 DMG compared to your current sword.