ike12341

No Longer a Noob
Sep 5, 2003
this game is gonna get sick reviews...

so....its simulation racing, in an open world, and you can race against airplanes. epic win

Sep 29, 2011
@ ike12341: I was kind of dissapointed in the physics of the cars. It seems a little bether than say Need For Speed, but i was hoping for the true Forza 4 physics. The game feels a little arcadey to me. But other than that the game is awesome. I am going to have a blast with it. BTW - I turned off all assists and it still feels a little arcadey, but we shall see!

Count333

Noob
Mar 25, 2012
@ ike12341: I was kind of dissapointed in the physics of the cars. It seems a little bether than say Need For Speed, but i was hoping for the true Forza 4 physics. The game feels a little arcadey to me. But other than that the game is awesome. I am going to have a blast with it. BTW - I turned off all assists and it still feels a little arcadey, but we shall see!
That's the whole point bro. It's an arcade racer meant for ridiculous drifts, powerslides etc. It's not meant to be a sim of any sort. If it was then it would be Forza 5 and not Horizon. That's why it's a spinoff of the series. Think Gran Turismo 2 back in the day (Makes me sick to think about it since I loathe the series), it had one disc for sim and one for arcade style. This is kind of like disc two in that respect. Because let's face it, Forza owns when it comes to racing but it's missing that classic arcade feel that was fun back in the day. I'm enjoying the demo so much that I've been playing it all day and I'm actually deciding to preorder this instead of assassins creed 3 now that I've tasted it, so to speak, thanks to the demo. I love Forza, I have all of them and I play them more than any other games on my 360 so it's nice to see that someone actually got the open world racing formula right for once. Personally I thought Test Drive U 1 and 2 left a lot to be desired. I haven't liked an open world racer since the NFS Underground series back when I had my Gamecube and original Xbox. I think this tops even those though because they focused too much on making your car look pretty than the actual fun factor but back in the day it was the only of it's kind so that's why I loved it. Anyways, back to the demo, enjoy your demos people, until the real deal hits the shelves! Later!

Sep 22, 2010
The game is a travesty. My already low expectations were further compounded after playing the demo.
It completely fails to transfer the Forza technology and developments into an open world environment. I honestly can't believe the nonsense they were claiming over the last few months.

Burnout Paradise did everything better nearly five years ago. Shocking usage of the Forza licence and I fully expect the reviews to reflect this.

Count333

Noob
Mar 25, 2012
Personally I thought Paradise sucked. Especially when compared to Revenge. But to each his own right? Sorry you didn't enjoy the game. I expect the finished product to be a bit better but I enjoyed the change of pace, but like I said above it's because I play the sims so often that it's nice to have something different. Even if the reviews are bad I think it's fun.

DuctTapeNinja

Lord of Lard
Jan 1, 2006
Finally got a chance to DL and play the demo. Here's my thoughts on it. (All based solely on the demo, I haven't seen any of the vids about it, so I have to assume the demo is 100% indicative of the full-game)

The Good: (in my opinion)
-Consistent driving physics (i'd prefer the sim-physics of FM4, but the key for me is that if I take the same corner in the exact same way 10 times the car will react the same every time. - too many racing games have been killed for me because of inconsistent physics)
-Pretty setting
-NIGHT RACING/DRIVING :D
-Great sense of speed/driving enjoyment

The Bad: (again, just my opinions)
-No ability to go off the designated roads
-Wonky Car-to-Car physics
-little/No vibration telling you what the car is doing (playing with controller, dunno how it is with the wheel)
-The color of the redline on the tachometer is too close to the color of the needle (It's far enough apart to be able to see the difference when actually looking at the tach, but glancing at it or seeing it out the corner of my eye doesn't work. A little more contrast between the 2 would be great)
-The abundance of non-skippable cutscenes
-live-action video (I hate live action video in games. Completely kills the immersion for me)
-No rearview mirror in the hoodcam view
-Differences in Grip between pavement and offroad should be more
-I noticed a little bit of 'rubber-band ai' (specifically in the first race against Darius and against the airplane - Darius was always right with me regardless of if i hit every civilian car or none, and I ran 2 races against the airplane back to back, the first runnning flat out and the second waiting for 2 min before rolling off the start line, and the airplane's tiem for the second race was a full minute slower than its time in the first race) and I absolutely despise rubber-band ai in racing games.

Suggestions to increase fun value/replayability for me: (all would probably have to be for a sequel)
-open up the entire map to driving
-Add police (Not sure how this would work with the 'festival' idea, since the races appear to all be on open public roads, and this doesn't appear to be an 'underground/illegal festival', but I'd like to have police chases in the game. Perhaps if all the 'official' events were on closed public roads without traffic and without police interference and there were 'unofficial/underground' events and impromptu races on open public roads with traffic and police interference)
-Add weather - I'd love to blast around the roads in the rain/snow.

After playing the demo, I'm convinced to get the game, but I'm not sure yet if I'll get it launch day or if I'll get the LCE. I was expecting Test Drive Unlimited with Forza Motorsport physics, and I'm a bit disappointed that it's not. But it should still be a fun game.

insane_Jerichoholic

I'm funny damnit!
Sep 5, 2003
Yorkshire
I wasn't expecting anything from this title. I felt that it only held the "Forza" brand name so that it would get more pre-order sales from the Forza fanatics.

I do kind of agree with the Burnout Paradise comment, and I really am astonished this is going under the Forza brand. Some times it's nice to change things up a little and I am sure this will call to a wider audience, but I am definitely not in that group. This game kind of reminds me of Fuel. All that possibility, all the hype and I was done with it in the first day because it just didn't have enough going for it. I'll hold out for Forza 5.

Feb 26, 2006
People, let's not forget that it is only a demo. Though I'm not sure, they can certainly tighten up the physics for the final build.

May 18, 2012
This game is atrocious. It tries to be need for speed. Which in itself is the worst racing game ever made. Not sure what they were thinking with this one, but if it generates more revenue from 12 year olds that goes into building forza 5, then I guess more power to them. Forza 4 is maybe game of the year for 2011...so its going to be hard for a spin off title to be considered that good...but still...its a bit too cheesy. Could have had more of an edge, like midnight club 2 on original xbox

Dogma5

Noob
Jul 14, 2012
The game is a travesty. My already low expectations were further compounded after playing the demo.
It completely fails to transfer the Forza technology and developments into an open world environment. I honestly can't believe the nonsense they were claiming over the last few months.

Burnout Paradise did everything better nearly five years ago. Shocking usage of the Forza licence and I fully expect the reviews to reflect this.

U call 9.0 bad?

HolyCrow

Noob
Feb 26, 2009
.so its going to be hard for a spin off title to be considered that good...but still...its a bit too cheesy. Could have had more of an edge, like midnight club 2 on original xbox

I have to admit, the races/personalities and overall feel of the game is pretty cheesy, but I am still enjoying the heck out of the game.