thaman2394

Noob
Nov 30, 2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrsIGo_N1Fs&eurl=http://superiorversion.com/content/view/256/30&feature=player_embedded

I heard this was an early beta verison

Dec 13, 2006
Ugh, it looks to be just like Icon but now with some wrestling moves, for god sakes EA why are you doing this, you had a good thing going with Vendetta and Fight for NY, screw it just bring AKI back to fix this, I dont care how much you got to pay them for it, cause if people see another train wreck of a game, with no Blazin' moves, no D-Mobb, and anymore of that uber-gay invsi-turntable nonsense, If you thought Icon flopped this will be even worse.

UnkMilo

Noob
Jul 11, 2007
This looks quite disappointing.

I agree that EA needs AKI to return the Def Jam video game series to its former glory, or even just to make it a good game once more. I would not say that the video shows any hope, but I suppose it could be potentially better than Icon, but then again, that's extremely easy to do. Generally, "it's headed in the right direction" but the amount of apparent progress between this and Icon shows that there's a massive way to go. My opinion would be that re-obtaining AKI would solve a substantial amount of current problems (and the problems with Icon). Beyond that, I would ditch the turntables gimmick, as it was poorly done and did not fit into the fighting mechanics of the traditional def jam games (although, no portion of Icon really caught that feeling).

I could ramble on about the problematic aspects of Icon and the initial view of this new Def Jam game, but the bottom line is that the series would benefit a large sum of they were to look at the strong points Fight for New York and look into AKI once more.

JOHNNY420RICHTER

My girl loves sex as me so I dont ever have to beg
Mar 20, 2008
Ludacris doesn't have braids anymore he cut them off a long time ago. That was not Icon2 and if it was it looks worse then the first, that's saying a lot.