DaProdigy

I Heart Kevin Bacon
Jan 16, 2005
I hope with the next installment in the series they go in a completely different direction with this whole damn game.

If Kudo keeps this Turntable **** I swear I throw someone at a gas pump, makes the motion of scratchin like a DJ, and they throw a grenade at the pump and blow him the hell up

Sonicx20-1

Noob
Aug 6, 2005
Surely, there is going to be a Def Jam 4 since Def Jam is one of the best series in EA. Even if Def Jam Icon was a let down or not, there is always going to be a good sequel and a bad sequel. The same thing happened in alot of other game series too, so Icon can be seen either as the good or bad sequel of the series. Def Jam 4 might take place after FFNY or Icon, but I'm not sure which one though. I still feel that the story is not finished yet from FFNY. Hopefully, the cast of fighters will be alot bigger and it would be great if it was even bigger than the cast from FFNY(even though the cast in FFNY is really good too). [face_cool] [face_cool]

Sonicx20-1

Noob
Aug 6, 2005
Yeah, there hopefully will be a Def jam 4 seeing that there are so many complaints about Def jam Icon. With that said, Kudo and others would know what to do next time on the next Def Jam. The only way the complaints will stop is if AKI returns though.

Mar 12, 2007
Hopefully on this next one, they do it like they did DJFFNY, lots of specials and weapons, and tag mode, AAANNND cram as many mutha fuckin rappers in that bitch as possible, even the lame ones, cuz I'd LOVE to spend time beatin they ass... and of course keep the "movie" guest star thing goin, in every Def Jam they have some kinda movie star so keep that goin... maybe Denzel Washington, or Wesley Snipes or some shit u feel me!!! HOLLA BACK

May 25, 2005
Time for the new one to be coming. Sorry to say it but it is true. Def Jam 4 should be big and get people pumped up like a summer blockbuster everybody wants to see. More fighters, weapons, crazy fights to watch and to fight in. There should be a lot of thought put into this game. Not a lot of rap/hip-hop games are sucessful. So yeah a lot of thought and time should be put into the game. To let people know not only the Def Jam franchise is still alive and well. But the brand itself is hear to stay.

Dec 29, 2004
Somehow I think that the next installment will be out before we even know.
Surely they won't drop the franchise, since fighting games aren't really common on todays consoles and that's a market where they have little competition. They're losing most of the sports titles to 2K.

Th reason why I think DJ4 will be out pretty soon is that DJ:I got shot down pretty soon, and EA want as much profit in the most little time, therefore they will save the promised downloadable content and publish it in the next game.
And with the graphics at top notch they will put the same rappers + new ones to save them time and $$$ only swithc up th clothes and put more clothes bling and whatever.

I wonder how much $$$ the DJ:I storywriters recieved, I bet pretty much eventhough it was short, it was the best one in a fighting game. They should finally start making non-liniar storylines, like when creating a fighter you choose your hometown, where you have troubles, you start dealing drugs/join a gang/get arrested, you would have to make connections which in the end lead you to Jay-Z which has stuff for you to do before he signs you...and so on.

Give the game more RPG elements, having to pay rent, buying to eat, working out at the gym, chilling at the club with mini-games. Make the club a hotspot for the online lobby lots of great ideas, damn I hope to work for EA someday and kick Kudo the fcuk out .

VOTE for Dr.J_ERVING :^O

May 5, 2006
They have to do a DJ4! DJ Icon was weak, the backgrounds looked good and everything, but the fighting sucked. i liked the atmosphere of DJFFNY a lot better. They should scrap the whole Icon storyline and go back to D-Mob and gangs not hip-hop moguls. As far as the fighting even though the developers don't like the rappers-n-wrasslin idea most people would agree that it was a lot better and a lot more fun. I think they could mix the cool wrestlin moves and weapons with the realistic punches and kicks. Basically what i want is a game just like DJFFNY with better graphics, enviornments, and all the other stuff that comes with next gen. For any haters that liked Icon(it wasn't good but it wasn't the worst game ever) EA should keep the realistic basics (punches, kicks, etc.) but add more of the fun from DJFFNY. BTW they should have almost all the rappers from DJFFNY plus more, more clothes, more jewelry, more venues. I kno this mighta sounded like a bunch of random stuff that other people wrote earlier i kno, i just wanted to get it off of my chest.

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
DJ4 should realease sumemr 08 and they should go back to the FFNY/Vendetta formuoa. Icon's was fun, btu I'd liek to use weapons and I really like FFNY's fighting better.

Sonicx20-1

Noob
Aug 6, 2005
For DJ4, it would be cool if it continues from the events of DJFFNY. DJIcon's story is okay, but I feel that it's not over just yet right after you defeat Crow. Hopefully, it will be able to have alot of the current fighters along with new ones for DJ4 and hopefully alot more fighters or a little bit more of them than DJFFNY.

Jun 19, 2007
Go to wikipedia it says like the creators have confirmed it its supposedly called street legend see for yourself i dont have the full url so

www.wikipedia.com

just searh for def jam 4 or search for icon and it says stuff about it

Sep 4, 2007
There has to be another instalment,allot of us have been fans of the serise sence Vendetta( which was like the best one when it came to the story) if you ask me i think EA should just remake the first one with more clubs,chicks and artist.

i like your idea about the whole club thing and mini games, that would be kinda cool.

for me, the involvment with the chicks is most importent to me. they should get some bomb azz chicks on the next one. it was kinda kool seeing that EA used my idea about the girls being able to come to your house and being able to have more than one at the same time. it would be cool if there was a mini game were your girl came to your crib while anotherone is there and you have to try to get her out without them knowing.

B

biggestwwefan14

Original poster
I couldn't stand Icon after a couple weeks, they better make another Def Jam game and keep Kudo the **** away from it, he did great on Fight Night Round 3 but that system was horrible for ICON, stick to boxing that game was gold, get away from this game.

MeMB

Noob
Feb 14, 2007
Yeah, I only ever bought FFNY for the raw, gritty, over-the-top fighting. Eventhough I like hiphop, it wasn't really of any particular influence.

They should return the whole Fight Club theme. Infact, a good Fight Club game would be nice too. (Instead of the bullshit Fight Club game for the original Xbox)

It would be really cool if DF4 has more RPG elements like working out, training and stuff, perhaps a bit more like Fight Night. Not to mention how cool it would be to have really large areas, like a cityblock. Where there are just people hanging out, clubs to go to, gyms to work out at. As you progress through the level, you could travel to a different cityblock, like downtown, office district whatever. You could talk to people, make friends, perhaps recruit people for your gang. Or start a war with another fight gang or a single person, whatever. Then it could escalate to a fight, really on the street with people getting involved and crowd being an important factor. As more people build up, you could have a friend of you in the crowd hand you a weapon, like they promised in FFNY.

Maybe even have the cops show up if it really gets out of hand, arresting you or whatever. In such a case, it's nice to have friends around to back up your story and land the other guy's ass in jail instead of yours. So if you fight really well you get more respect, more friends and less problems.

You could elaborate with random crimes like getting mugged and choosing how to respond to it.

I also vote for making the game even grittier. More blood, maybe broken bones and whatnot. I don't care about an 18+ rating. Look at GTA still going strong after all the controversy. No publicity is bad publicity.

I wonder, alot of great thoughts on these boards, so why did they let Kudo do Icon? He did a great job at Fight Night, but totally blew this one. And it's not like they're pressed for people. I, for one, wouldn't mind working at EA. I don't care, I can just sit here, send in ideas and not get paid. If that makes a better game, I'm all for it.

Sep 4, 2007
Def Jam 5 is in fact in production. The title they have now is (street legends)

supposedly you start off in jail with Dmobb....dont ask why.
you have to learn your fighting skills in prison, then help him break out.....google it

ThaD415P

Noob
Oct 8, 2006
Yes, EA needs to make another Def Jam game. And with the closing of EA Chicago, I question what they will do with the game engine for the 4th installment. These are my ideas.

- Go back to the old school AKI game engine (No Mercy, WCW vs nWo Revenge, Def Jam 1, etc.) You had more manuevers that you could pull off, plus the devastating finishers...A MUST

- I think they should drop the "DEF JAM" altogether and make one big collaboration game. With legalities here and there, I don't think it'll happen, but it'd be a better game. You could pit one record label against another, and go for national domination (ATL vs Detroit, Shady Records vs Murder Inc. or West Coast vs East Coast, etc...), since so many rappers nowadays represent their respective labels and towns. It would make for a better story mode and you could do virtually anything.

Here's a list of rappers/celebs they should include (In addition to characters from previous games as well):

- Eminem
- Dr. Dre
- 50 Cent
- Young Buck
- Lloyd Banks
- Tony Yayo

- Violent J
- Shaggy 2 Dope
- Esham

- ODB

- Eazy E
- Ice Cube

- LL Cool J

- Tupac Shakur
- Biggie Smalls
- Humpty Hump/Shock G

- Jay-Z
- Kanye West
- Andre 3000
- Run DMC

- Beastie Boys
- Everlast
- Cypress Hill
- Tech N9ne
- Krizz Kalico
- Wyclef Jean
- Ja Rule (sorry, but it'd be fun to beat his ass)

The possibilities are virtually endless. But like I said, it'd take alot of lawyer fees, and people swallowing their pride for the fans to make this happen. Keep dreaming. But games like these always leave people out.

Danno_58

Noob
Feb 23, 2008
K im just going to say it, Icon was horrible. If they are going to make another Def Jam, they need to go back to the fighting style they had in Fight for New York. Icon was horrible in anyway you look at it. The only thing I'll give Icon is it had pretty good graphics. One thing I think Def Jam should bring back is the submission aspect. Could be because I'm a huge UFC fan, but honestly, in real life, plenty of fights end in submissions. You want to have another Def Jam, thats cool, Fight For New York was an awesome game, go back to that gaming style, with the awesome graphics we have now, and you have 1 totally BA game

Feb 28, 2008
Icon annoyed the hell out of my at first than I good at it. But its still a bad game they need to bring the fight back from FIGHT FOR NEWYORK and bring lots of characters blazing moves AND there you have it

Mar 17, 2008
http://www.hiphoplead.com/?p=201 this link is were they talk about who is going to be in Def Jam 4 Street Legends. ef Jam 4: Street Legend is the fourth installment to the Def Jam video game series. EA Games LogoThere will be different areas in the game the character will be encountering. The story of Def Jam 4 has drama, comedy, suspense, and romance. It will have more realistic features than the last three games. There will also be more artists, stars, and cameos.

Fighters: T.I. Lil Wayne Juelz Santana R Kelly Usher 50 Cent The Game Lil Jon Young Dro Maceo Sean Paul Rick Ross Fat Joe Dave Chappelle Eminem Juicy J DJ Khaled DJ Paul DJ Drama T-Pain Neyo Tupac Notorious B.I.G. Akon Bizzy Bone Krayzie Bone Layzie Bone Wish Bone Flesh n Bone Young Buck Lil Scrappy Birdman Jim Jones P. Diddy Fabolous Mack 10 WC Warren G Young Jeezy Young Joc Havoc Prodigy Bow Wow David Banner Unk E-40 Chris Brown D4L DMX Dem Franchise Boyz Dr. Dre Eazy E Ice Cube Busta Rhymes Snoop Dogg Chamillionare Lil Whyte LL Cool J Freeway Mike Jones Redman Method Man Maceo Nelly Andre 3000 Big Boi Pitbull Pretty Ricky Paul Wall Bubba Sparxxx Soulja Boy Too Short Trick Daddy Twista Shop Boyz Ying Yang Twins Lloyd Banks LeBron James Tony Yayo Will Smith Trillville Young Capone Capone Youngbloodz Jibbs Rich Boy Project Pat Pastor Troy MIMS Ludacris Xzibit Bone Crusher Chingy Camron Afroman 8-Ball.

noon85

Noob
Apr 25, 2004
Well guys/ladies? lol anyway they dropped the old def jam team supposedly the publishers or developers (maybe both?) i remember reading about it in some gaming mag a couple months or so after icon was released to such bad fanfare.

So fingers crossed they do something special with the 4th one maybe fall back to what worked in def jam fight for new york's gameplay with def jam icons graphics and a good lengthy story or a multiple story-lined story mode [face_drooling]

Jun 2, 2007
Def Jam 4: Street Legend is the fourth installment to the Def Jam video game series. There will be different areas in the game the character will be encountering. The story of Def Jam 4 has drama, comedy, suspense, and romance. It will have more realistic features than the last three games. There will also be more artists, stars, and cameos.

Fighters: T.I. Lil Wayne Juelz Santana R Kelly Usher 50 Cent The Game Lil Jon Young Dro Maceo Sean Paul Rick Ross Fat Joe Dave Chappelle Eminem Juicy J DJ Khaled DJ Paul DJ Drama T-Pain Neyo Tupac Notorious B.I.G. Akon Bizzy Bone Krayzie Bone Layzie Bone Wish Bone Flesh n Bone Young Buck Lil Scrappy Birdman Jim Jones P. Diddy Fabolous Mack 10 WC Warren G Young Jeezy Young Joc Havoc Prodigy Bow Wow David Banner Unk E-40 Chris Brown D4L DMX Dem Franchise Boyz Dr. Dre Eazy E Ice Cube Busta Rhymes Snoop Dogg Chamillionare Lil Whyte LL Cool J Freeway Mike Jones Redman Method Man Maceo Nelly Andre 3000 Big Boi Pitbull Pretty Ricky Paul Wall Bubba Sparxxx Soulja Boy Too Short Trick Daddy Twista Shop Boyz Ying Yang Twins Lloyd Banks LeBron James Tony Yayo Will Smith Trillville Young Capone Capone Youngbloodz Jibbs Rich Boy Project Pat Pastor Troy MIMS Ludacris Xzibit Bone Crusher Chingy Camron Afroman 8-Ball.

Link: http://www.hiphoplead.com/?p=201

PS: ***I kno this might be old*** Omg! im so pumped up right now, belive it or not dawgs... im playin DJ:FFNY on my ps2 and its 3:16am here on puerto rico!!! I love DJ:FFNY imma get a PS3 for this game! let's start sendin e-mails to EA so they can listen whut we want that way we all get a GREAT GAME!!!

Aug 23, 2007
I really doubt that list is true. Seriously lets take a look:

Chris Brown, Bow Wow, Soulja boy, Puffy? Who the hell are they gonna beat up?

And Dave Chappelle? LOL! He's awesome but I have my doubts

Tupac & Biggie arent ever gonna be in a game sadly, while I'd love to kick some bad boy ass with the real deathrow team, its just too good to be true.

stevs013

Noob
Aug 17, 2006
i hated icon loved the first one and fight for ny i think they should make the next really well otherwise the franchise will sufer

Apr 17, 2008
I need some blazings back, and add Wu-Tang and I'll preorder quick.
It would be interesting to see them in the 90s.
Im a 90s kid, thats all.

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
Yes, EA needs to make another Def Jam game. And with the closing of EA Chicago, I question what they will do with the game engine for the 4th installment. These are my ideas.

- Go back to the old school AKI game engine (No Mercy, WCW vs nWo Revenge, Def Jam 1, etc.) You had more manuevers that you could pull off, plus the devastating finishers...A MUST

- I think they should drop the "DEF JAM" altogether and make one big collaboration game. With legalities here and there, I don't think it'll happen, but it'd be a better game. You could pit one record label against another, and go for national domination (ATL vs Detroit, Shady Records vs Murder Inc. or West Coast vs East Coast, etc...), since so many rappers nowadays represent their respective labels and towns. It would make for a better story mode and you could do virtually anything.

Here's a list of rappers/celebs they should include (In addition to characters from previous games as well):

- Eminem
- Dr. Dre
- 50 Cent
- Young Buck
- Lloyd Banks
- Tony Yayo

- Violent J
- Shaggy 2 Dope
- Esham

- ODB

- Eazy E
- Ice Cube

- LL Cool J

- Tupac Shakur
- Biggie Smalls
- Humpty Hump/Shock G

- Jay-Z
- Kanye West
- Andre 3000
- Run DMC

- Beastie Boys
- Everlast
- Cypress Hill
- Tech N9ne
- Krizz Kalico
- Wyclef Jean
- Ja Rule (sorry, but it'd be fun to beat his ass)

The possibilities are virtually endless. But like I said, it'd take alot of lawyer fees, and people swallowing their pride for the fans to make this happen. Keep dreaming. But games like these always leave people out.

i agree...but also add in the rest of d12

staypuft27

Noob
Dec 26, 2008
i read that the fighters will be T.I. Lil Wayne Juelz Santana R Kelly Usher 50 Cent The Game Lil Jon Young Dro Maceo Sean Paul Rick Ross Fat Joe Dave Chappelle Eminem Juicy J DJ Khaled DJ Paul DJ Drama T-Pain Neyo Tupac Notorious B.I.G. Akon Bizzy Bone Krayzie Bone Layzie Bone Wish Bone Flesh n Bone Young Buck Lil Scrappy Birdman Jim Jones P. Diddy Fabolous Mack 10 WC Warren G Young Jeezy Young Joc Havoc Prodigy Bow Wow David Banner Unk E-40 Chris Brown D4L DMX Dem Franchise Boyz Dr. Dre Eazy E Ice Cube Busta Rhymes Snoop Dogg Chamillionare Lil Whyte LL Cool J Freeway Mike Jones Redman Method Man Maceo Nelly Andre 3000 Big Boi Pitbull Pretty Ricky Paul Wall Bubba Sparxxx Soulja Boy Too Short Trick Daddy Twista Shop Boyz Ying Yang Twins Lloyd Banks LeBron James Tony Yayo Will Smith Trillville Young Capone Capone Youngbloodz Jibbs Rich Boy Project Pat Pastor Troy MIMS Ludacris Xzibit Bone Crusher Chingy Camron Afroman 8-Ball.

Sep 3, 2005
That list looks fake like I don't know what. You know most of them dudes aint going to be in there. Biggie and Pac come on get real and think.