Nero1993

Noob
Oct 26, 2012
I played awakened last night and the ending blew my mind. "no, no, no, no. oh my god. ah fuck. fuck me. ah shit" was my response to the ending of Dead Space 3 in it's entirety. i really enjoyed awakened but felt it was short but nonetheless, i felt it was great. You might be asking why i think its over. Well, the ending has issac and carver reach earth but they can't get a response from the planet and hear screams of people and necromorphs and look up in horror to see that the markers on Earth have started Convergence and see 3 moons coming from the planet. a moon comes up in front of the ship, a dementia flash shows for a split second and then the screen blackens and the credits roll. i questioned whether Dead Space 4 would be made and how on earth it ever could be made following that ending. the only way i thought was that it was a hallucination considering a dementia flash appeared but there's something else: a secret message. the 3 letters of the chapters spell: RIP. This is Visceral's way of breaking silence and telling us Issac and Carver die, humanity lost the fight, and the Dead Space that we all love has officially ended. we might not get an official confirmation considering EA blatantly lied about it not being canceled and it would be extremely unproffesional for them to take it back but this is EA right? what proffesionalism? So there you have it. Whether Dead Space 4 might actually be made and how is a mystery. But this is what i wanted. I wanted DS3 to be the last one. Visceral wouldn't lie about this. How can we stop the moons after that ending? it can't happen. Well, there. Farewell, Dead Space (hopefully).

Nero1993

Noob
Oct 26, 2012
By the way, Dead Space 3 has become the best one. still felt it was better than 1 w/o awakened and was at the most just as good as 2 but if 2 was a 10, then 3 has now become a 10.3-5 at the most.

BlackOutKid

No Longer a Noob
Apr 20, 2004
Rhode Island
didn't pay attention to the chapter names, if they are doing the hidden message then your right.

But I wouldn't mind one more DLC for this game, but I also wouldn't mind seeing one last game that ends the series.

Nero1993

Noob
Oct 26, 2012
more dlc and dead space 4 cannot and must not happen. appreciate the Dead Space love though. the only way a 4 can happen is if it takes place in a completely different galacy with a different race and protagonist against a new enemy but whether it'd go mass effect on us or remain true to its roots is a mystery. the DLC's ending and secret message say the opposite of what EA claimed about the DS4 rumors being false. From what i see, the true and original Dead Space is over and thank god its only a trilogy. It was a great ride. the ending didn't bother me because of the franshise's genre.

Oct 17, 2012
Why not use the gravity tethers on a Planet Cracker to tear the moons apart? Or better yet, slam them into each other.

zashimi

Noob
Apr 18, 2013
Man If they do another one it'll break all believability. No way can they survive that. Visceral didn't even kill off elie or isaac. If they do make another gameplay and maybe setting will be cool but the plot will take a hit in the face if they (probably will) find a super device cabable of killing all necros that the builders didn't let off because they ran out of time, yet isaac the miracle engineer will be able to put it together in minutes. Maybe not easily but still. But maybe visceral have an idea, I just hate those polt escapes they use, like crysis with the spores, gears of war with adams machine. But with the money grubbing EA I doubt they'll let it die even if its sucks

Dec 22, 2004
So you guys were totally cool with Issac and Carver surviving a free fall from god knows how high, even considering Issac's helmet was busted, but the two of them surviving a crash landing in a damaged shuttle with completely intact suits is totally out of the question?

Jun 19, 2013
More Dead Space 3 DLC? NO. Dead Space 4? WHY THE HELL NOT? Honestly I too was hoping 3 was the end and they would have completely killed the necros but guess not. Although for a fourth one my guess is the whole "make us whole" thing will come in to play somehow. Like maybe the necros and humans will morph into one and look different? Well there are animals too on Earth obviously so they would look different I guess. I DONT FUCKIN KNOW IM TIRED. But I do want to play as a female this time around. Maybe not Ellie because she's kinda boring in my opinion. Just some new protagonists. Either way a fourth CAN'T be scary at all because what's there to be scared about? It'll be action packed as shit because of the Earthgov fighting against the necros. Like a WW3 but with necros. So the future for Dead Space is Battlefield Dead Space themed.

Last edited:

Rob27shred

Noob
Jun 18, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
I'm kinda conflicted about this. I would love to see DS4 made but also fear that the series could be ruined by that. We'll just have to wait & see what Visceral has up their sleeve & hope for the best if they do decide to make a DS4.

Feb 14, 2012
Great way of readings the facts, despite the genre i hoped for a bitter sweet conclusion and i do feel sad for being such a tragic ending, but it doesn't make me like less of this nice modern survival horror, and i agree with the importance of this title be the end for the franchise, they (Visceral and mainly the most of times unfortunate EA) were changing too much and making the game a too far away from the stand alone classic that DS 1 was. I was cheering for Isaac and Ellie and was very satisfied with their ending on DS2, but this ending is also interesting and this awesome saga deserves a nice rest rather than be necromorphed into a bizarre 3rd person shooter for the average joe.

Feb 14, 2012
Man If they do another one it'll break all believability. No way can they survive that. Visceral didn't even kill off elie or isaac. If they do make another gameplay and maybe setting will be cool but the plot will take a hit in the face if they (probably will) find a super device cabable of killing all necros that the builders didn't let off because they ran out of time, yet isaac the miracle engineer will be able to put it together in minutes. Maybe not easily but still. But maybe visceral have an idea, I just hate those polt escapes they use, like crysis with the spores, gears of war with adams machine. But with the money grubbing EA I doubt they'll let it die even if its sucks
Sad but true ...