blankslate

Noob
Feb 2, 2007
I'm a complete newbie, but I've made it as far as Mataki Village. The problem is that I don't have the candy to give Bunbuku(sp?). I somehow missed it both at Claude's house and with Couscous. Should I start over or can I go on without losing too much?

SBiv87

Noob
Nov 28, 2000
The candy is just the first step in a trading "mini-game." Not having the Candy to give to Bunbuku will just cause you to not receive an item later in the game, but not having that item won't hurt you very much at all.

I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Nickbro8N

Almost Not a Noob
Jun 18, 2004
meh just play the game and to tell you the truth if you really like this game a lot, you will end up replaying it many times which you can just do it then. You get a pretty good item at the end of the whole ordeal but not good enough IMO to restart your game.

SBiv87

Noob
Nov 28, 2000
Exactly.

The item you get at the end of the game isn't anything that a Diamond or two won't be able to do.

JohnnyGoRound

broken cord.
Aug 10, 2006
Canada
I do not think it's to late for you to get the candy .

Go back using the map, and go into Claude's house .

If he does not give you something the minute you get in just talk to him and say "I'm Finished!" .

And if you do restart the game, you have to go to his house to receive your prize in the morning/afternoon .

I hope I was some help .

;)

jake3b

Noob
Jul 15, 2001
You want to talk about being screwed in this game!!!! I quit playing a while back because I am fighting the Dark Genie, every one is dead, I have no money to pay my way out of the dungeon, no potions to escape and I have absolutely no extras at all. All I have left is Toran and the 7th Heaven.

If you are more screwed then that, then you can complain. But until then, stop crying!!!!

Mr._Pseudonym

;^) PSNID: Danger_Dad
Feb 4, 2004
:^/ If I recall correctly, if you die in a dungeon level, you automatically restart in the villiage to which the dungeon is connected. Mind you, it's been a while, but I believe you may be able to just walk out of there.

jake3b

Noob
Jul 15, 2001
Nope, for some reason it won't let me leave. I guess that it is because I am fighting a boss. But, I also haven't played this game in a few years.

Aug 14, 2007
I have completed Matataki Village..... The problem is, I don't know how to get to Brownboo Village? Treant told me that it was at the far end of the woods..... and he said to get there I would have to use my head..... I don't have a clue as to where that is..... Could someone please email me back and tell me how to get there.....

dragoneyes1027@yahoo.com

thanks,

Alyssa

ToxiMoron

Noob
Jun 15, 2006
I don't know if anyone's helped you or not, or if you've figured it out on your own, but:
Save a Sun Dew, and keep the Moon Grass Seed that Ro gives you after re-building the house. Plant the seed, apply the Sun Dew, and presto! A magic ladder made of leaves will give you acssess to the boss of Matataki village.