primalfear101

Almost Not a Noob
Feb 10, 2013
There has been a long running theory, started due to the translation of the manga to the west, where it is stated that the Androids of the alt history ( Goku alive ) are in some ways different than the ones that are wreaking havoc against the Earth for Trunks and company. I believe Trunks himself states that not only are the Androids of the alt history stronger, but they seem more benign as well.

Now, I will offer my theory on both of those points to state that this is simply untrue. The main reason? The person telling the story, Trunks, and the way the world was for the Androids of the true history world.

1.) The Androids are stronger then they were in the real history! I think this is absolutely false. The reason Trunks may think this is because the Androids never had to fight at their full power, or even close to their full power, in the real history world. When the androids fought against Vegeta and company in the alt history, the group had many years to train and get stronger prior to their battle. Especially in Vegeta's case, he trained at 500x gravity for a long time, and then became super saiyan after that, becoming a MUCH more powerful version of himself due to this. Now, when Vegeta fights against Android 18, he forces her to raise her power near to 100% ( stated in the english subtitles ). Considering how much stronger Vegeta was than Trunks, it is safe to say Trunks never witnessed even close to the Androids full power. Meaning there is no difference to the potential power levels of the alt / real history androids.

2.) The Androids seem calmer in the alt history. I feel this is not true whatsoever. The alt history androids actually had an objective to complete in the alt history of killing Goku ( and turned it into a game ), whereas in the real history Goku was already dead. Meaning in the real history when they were activated and took out the Z fighters, they had nothing else to do but make a game out of destroying cities one by one on Earth. They even state this in Kai, forget the exact quote, but someone mentions what they are going to do once Goku is dead, and Android 17 states, " whatever we want ". If in the alt history Goku was killed off along with the other Z Fighters, the Androids would have done the exact same thing to alt history Earth as they did to real history Earth. So no, I do not believe there is any sort of difference between the 2 groups of androids.

Now, the real ??? I have is with Android 16. My guess is, he indeed was not activated for whatever reason by Android 17/18 in the real history Earth, and was never around. Something tells me if he was around, and the Androids began destroying everything and he saw it as a threat to nature, he would have fought against both of them. Perhaps losing, but perhaps not . In the alt history, he is immediately activated and immediately begins to love nature and hate things that disturb it. He puts up with it at first, but something tells me he would have protected nature against the androids if he saw them as a serious threat to a wide portion of it.

What do you guys think?