Sep 7, 2003
Kakariko Village, New York
I have played DS3 and ONLY DS3 (of the Souls games) for a while. I just recently started playing Bloodborne for the first time 3 days ago.

I feel like BB is similar with better combat and no magic. I feel BB also doesn't focus heavily on equipment like DS. Meaning, the attire in BB is generic where in DS3 you're constantly trying to alter your attire to help match up with your surrounding at that specific moment. I noticed in BB, you don't get as many weapons.

Is this a true analysis or am I not far enough into BB to make this call? I am on the 3rd sector of BB and I haven't even had the opportunity to get a new weapon, nevermind actually use one! In DS3, I had a menu screen full of different weapons by the 2nd part.

May 22, 2011
Bloodborne actually does have magic.

Other than that you were mostly right. Bloodborne is more of an action game, rather than an RPG and has far less weapons than Dark Souls, but there are still quite a few. To get more weapons you need to find Hunter Badges, you can then buy the weapons asscociated with that badge back at the hunters dream.

You should have either already found some badges or have missed them, the first one is behind the giant pig in the sewer near the start of the game.

Last edited:

JuanCarola

Noob
May 17, 2014
There are quite a few weapons in Bloodborne overall. They're just mostly hidden and get unlocked through the shop in the Hunters Dream.
Also, there are lots of extra weapons in the DLC.

TriksterHD

Noob
Jul 7, 2016
I liked both games very much. I'd say that BB is better for the single player stuff whereas DS3 is better at PVP.