JTbex

No Longer a Noob
Sep 27, 2012
Trinidad and Tobago
What's up board, my first time lurking in these parts. I am currently selling my Mitsubishi Triton and buying the new Nissan Navara. Where I live the roads are not the best, so 8 years ago when I put 22'' rims was not my wisest decision, but I just love making my vehicle unique. Below are some pics:

1923886_55614660446_4885_n.jpg

25491_10150158099910447_5437671_n.jpg
25491_10150158100240447_763326_n.jpg

The next picture is what I am purchasing in two weeks

maxresdefault.jpg

All I know is I am repainting it in Matte Black, but as far as accessories go I want to go the more offroad way, the big wide tires, some wider fenders maybe and I am not sure if I should go with the grill.

Any people on these boards have any ideas?

PS I live in a country where total population is just over one million, so we are small and there are already a few of this model truck on the roads. I always am hell bent on making mine extremely unique because I just love customizing my vehicles.

DuctTapeNinja

Lord of Lard
Jan 1, 2006
I went for the lightly offroad look with my last truck, a 2006 Chevy Colorado 4WD crew cab. To me, a crew cab almost always looks bloated in the center so you have to pull attention away from the human payload area. I put bigger tires and some fender flares on her to draw the eye to the front and rear when viewing the truck from the side. I didn't even put a lift kit on her. I don't really do any offroading at all, though, just a little snow in the winter, so I'm in the process of building up another '06 Colorado, this time a low slung 2WD regular cab. At the moment she's pretty much stock, minus the wheels which the previous owner installed, but once I'm done fixing all the problems and bringing her back to reliable daily driverability I'm planning on doing some customization. The most radical of which would be air ride and either a turbo or centrifugal supercharger.

Here's my favorite pic I've taken of the 'old' truck (I haven't taken many pics of her, lol), right after she got a new set of shoes
IMG_0170-1.jpg

And here's my favorite pic I've taken of the 'new' truck.

To%20Interwebz.jpg

Last edited:

JTbex

No Longer a Noob
Sep 27, 2012
Trinidad and Tobago
I went for the lightly offroad look with my last truck, a 2006 Chevy Colorado 4WD crew cab. To me, a crew cab almost always looks bloated in the center so you have to pull attention away from the human payload area. I put bigger tires and some fender flares on her to draw the eye to the front and rear when viewing the truck from the side. I didn't even put a lift kit on her. I don't really do any offroading at all, though, just a little snow in the winter, so I'm in the process of building up another '06 Colorado, this time a low slung 2WD regular cab. At the moment she's pretty much stock, minus the wheels which the previous owner installed, but once I'm done fixing all the problems and bringing her back to reliable daily driverability I'm planning on doing some customization. The most radical of which would be air ride and either a turbo or centrifugal supercharger.

Here's my favorite pic I've taken of the 'old' truck (I haven't taken many pics of her, lol), right after she got a new set of shoes
IMG_0170-1.jpg

And here's my favorite pic I've taken of the 'new' truck.

To%20Interwebz.jpg

Nice man I am loving the new truck, what size rims are those? See this is my kryptonite. I have always said that you can take any basic vehicle and once you slap on the right rims and tires it can make the world of difference. I loved my 22" rims on the truck, nobody else on the island had those set of rims and they were on some 305 tires (Wide as hell so the tire actually extended beyond the fenders). With this truck I a going to have to try really hard not to go with the big rims again. The actual driving experience was a bit bulky obviously, and it needed alignment almost every 6 months.

So what size rim do you think will be nice enough to look different, but still be able to slap on some rugged boots for any time I go offroad? Two other items I am juggling in my head is the rear tray and the front. I was contemplating getting a cover for the tray and a grill for the front, still not sure. All I know for certain is the Matte paint job, after market fenders and rims and tires.

Gabbydabby

Noob
Mar 20, 2018
I really like pickups. When I had the opportunity to choose one of my father’s two cars, I chose a Chevrolet pickup. First, I like being on the road above the rest of the cars. Secondly, we often go to festivals with friends and it's more convenient to drive a trailer by pickup than passenger cars. I can do minor repairs to my car (changing wheels, check the oil level, open the door without a key), I also read specialized portals, for example https://truckpowerup.com , so I find ways to improve my pickup and create more comfortable conditions for off-road driving. I believe that pickup is the most convenient car for people of different ages. I'm delighted with the car, because it's convenient for festivals, camping, parties in nature. My father loves this car because it can carry a lot of cargo. It just seems to my brother that he is looking at it cool. Of course, a supercar or a sports car probably looks cooler, do you have one like that?

LynettaJawck

Almost Not a Noob
Jan 21, 2019
SpaceX, Mars
2018-Ford-F150-Rocky-Ridge-Trucks-Mard-Rock-Blue-17.jpg

home-trucks.jpg

hennessey-goliath-6x6-1-front-red.jpg

Also fell into the love of jumbo-sized custom trucks and want to renovate them with smart devices, especially with best FMCSA approved ELDs. Also planning to buy one of them https://bestelddevices.com/best-eld-guide/. What do you think about Garmin Speak Plus with Amazon Alexa? I also want to install this in my custom truck. Probably, I would buy a used one then will prefer to renovate it.