-Mitsurules-

SC7 when???
Aug 4, 2008

UVHM Pack #2 increases level cap to 70, assuming a player has downloaded & installed UVHM Pack #1.

Both DLCs will be released on March 24 and are a part of the Season Pass. For people that wish to purchase this separately it will cost $10 USD.

Remember that March 24 is also the same day that The Handsome Collection is released for the PS4 & Xbox One, so owners of those consoles can purchase the game for $30- this will net you Borderlands 2 & Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, along with all DLCs for both games.

Last edited:

-Mitsurules-

SC7 when???
Aug 4, 2008

UVHM Pack #2 increases level cap to 70, assuming a player has downloaded & installed UVHM Pack #1.

Both DLCs will be released on March 24 and are a part of the Season Pass. For people that wish to purchase this separately it will cost $10 USD.

Remember that March 24 is also the same day that The Handsome Collection is released for the PS4 & Xbox One, so owners of those consoles can purchase the game for $60*- this will net you Borderlands 2 & Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, along with all DLCs for both games.
Correction for the price- it's $60, not $30. Sorry about that.

Alkymist96

Noob
Jan 16, 2012
Do you think you'll bother with the additional levels? I was a bit surprised that they added more, as the existing 60 already gives you two capstone skills.

-Mitsurules-

SC7 when???
Aug 4, 2008
I don't have a PS3 to play TPS anymore. I sold it to get a 3DS a couple weeks before the Holodome was released, so my characters are still at level 50. But if I did I would probably get to it eventually. The problem is there's still not much to do after leveling up seeing as how there's little to farm for, unless the campaign DLC provides a lot of new loot and a new raid boss or two. Plus Gearbox stated nearly two months ago that a patch was coming to make all the mini-bosses drop their unique loot- they don't seem to be in a hurry on that one.

Side note on the extra skill points- three of the four main characters have a tree that I have very little to no interest in, so I definitely would not change that with 20 extra skill points. Wilhelm is the only possible character I would have with an even build- I don't like the Fragmented Fragtrap tree, I don't like the Ceraunic Storm tree, and I sure as hell don't like the Law & Order tree (my Nisha is full on glass cannon). So Clappy, Athena & Nisha will have two trees that are nearly maxed out with a single tree left barren. I haven't played as Jack or Aurelia, so I can't speak for them

I'm going to wait to see gameplay of the new DLC and gauge other people's reaction of it. I can only hope it that it'll provide some much needed replay value, but my confidence in Gearbox is shaken right now, so my expectations are low.

Alkymist96

Noob
Jan 16, 2012
So there was a fairly massive update just at the simultaneous launch of Claptastic Voyage and the Handsome Collection which included virtually all the promised fixes. It looks like the developers were working to make sure that the update worked with all the platforms including XB1/PS4 from release. I'm maybe 2/3rds through Claptastic Voyage main story without touching a single side mission, and it's Tiny Tina good. The new glitched weapons are pretty cool (and can also be tossed in the grinder) while there are also some new shields etc. By the time you add all the parts together, it's something around 3 GB of additional content.

The environments and maps are varied and quite creative, and there are some neat things you can use to your advantage as you fight your way through (much like the caustic pod things in BL2 you could find growing in Caustic Caverns and Friendship Gulag, but with an additional effect.) There's also three practice dummies added (shielded, armour, regular), and you can apparently customise the difficulty of the arena/raid boss portion of the DLC.

I decided to tackle Claptastic with my TVHM Athena, starting at level 48. I'm now a bit stuck at level 50 - the final boss is also the raid bass, comes in multiple phases of increasing difficulty, and is actually quite a work out. I've gotten fairly close twice, but there's a lot going on and I still haven't got it all sorted in my head yet.

In retrospect, GBX/2K could easily have priced the two extra characters lower, and charged more for this, and (a) it still would have been a great deal (b) they probably wouldn't have been criticised so heavily on the cost of the season pass. I'd say it's definitely worth a look.

Last edited: