OneBigClam

Jes' fine
Jun 4, 2012
NH
They suggested putting clear glass in my glasses' right eye so I can see better in the interim leading up to the surgery on the left eye in two weeks., but I priced that at $160. For two weeks? I don't think so.

OneBigClam

Jes' fine
Jun 4, 2012
NH
Thanks. The color change is interesting. Less yellow and more blue.

This is bound to affect my photography. What I perceived as reality was only reality for me. [face_hypnotized]

Last edited:

HotDoommaN

No Longer a Noob
Sep 14, 2004
Canada
Thanks. The color change is interesting. Less yellow and more blue.

This is bound to affect my photography. What I perceived as reality was only reality for me. [face_hypnotized]
If it's any consolation every human perceives color a bit differently. Not by a huge margin but what you might perceive as yellow, others perceive it as orange for example.
When we are color grading a film, we have many people validating the grading (along with software as well) just to make sure it is in line with what the majority and reflects what will be shown on the screen.

Also, your vision can only become better after the surgery, right?(well in most cases anyway) so your photography will naturally elevate as well.
Also, I use eye glasses when I sit in front of the computer that blocks the blue light. That helps with eye strain a lot. I can guarantee it works. So if you haven't thought about this as a possible solution, it might be something good for you.

PoorPigg

Curly-tailed
May 26, 2012
West Coast, US
If it's any consolation every human perceives color a bit differently. Not by a huge margin but what you might perceive as yellow, others perceive it as orange for example.
When we are color grading a film, we have many people validating the grading (along with software as well) just to make sure it is in line with what the majority and reflects what will be shown on the screen.

Also, your vision can only become better after the surgery, right?(well in most cases anyway) so your photography will naturally elevate as well.
Also, I use eye glasses when I sit in front of the computer that blocks the blue light. That helps with eye strain a lot. I can guarantee it works. So if you haven't thought about this as a possible solution, it might be something good for you.
No. Roughly 1/1000 eyesight worsens. Near-sighted individuals lose th near vision "super power". Others develop light "halo" vision.

PoorPigg

Curly-tailed
May 26, 2012
West Coast, US
They suggested putting clear glass in my glasses' right eye so I can see better in the interim leading up to the surgery on the left eye in two weeks., but I priced that at $160. For two weeks? I don't think so.
Can't you just remove the one lens in front of your fixed eyeball?

OneBigClam

Jes' fine
Jun 4, 2012
NH
And I am waiting for an appointment for eye # 1. How is your eye number 1 doing? Do you use corrective lenses for medium and close distances?
Number one has been healing for two weeks, but I'm still rquired to put two drops daily into it for another two weeks. Number 3, however, I have a month worth of drops, currently 4 a day. This doesn't include my normal Glaucoma meds, which are two drops per day in both eyes.

I'm thinking I need a spreadsheet. [face_plain]

Last edited:

-Foxy-

Uber Brat
★ MOD
Jul 22, 2002
in your thread, mussing it up
Number one has been healing for two weeks, but I'm still rquired to put two drops daily into it for another two weeks. Number 3, however, I have a month worth of drops, currently 4 a day. This doesn't include my normal Glaucoma meds, which are two drops per day in both eyes.

I'm thinking I need a spreadsheet. [face_plain]
obc has 3 eyes!

OneBigClam

Jes' fine
Jun 4, 2012
NH
Encouraging. I can definitely see better. My eyes get tired very easily, but I assume that's just post-op stuff. In any event, I should be able to pass my driving test this fall, which was the mission I undertook. :)

PoorPigg

Curly-tailed
May 26, 2012
West Coast, US
Encouraging. I can definitely see better. My eyes get tired very easily, but I assume that's just post-op stuff. In any event, I should be able to pass my driving test this fall, which was the mission I undertook. :)
Congrats. Very good. Was the actual procedure as awful as the real time videos?