Mar 9, 2013
My parents will buy me a new laptop for my birthday. Technically, I do kinda need it for school, but I'm most excited to finally be able to play TOR. IF I can get a laptop capable of running it. I already know that my 6 year old Toshiba won't run it (after spending a day and a half downloading it with my crappy 350 kbps internet).

At the computer store, I asked the guy if he could show me the cheapest laptop they had that could run a game like TOR on low settings. He showed me to some Asus model (r500vj-mh71). It was 700 bucks, and my parents won't pay for it. That store didn't carry any Alienware laptops, but I'm pretty sure the cheapest alienware is 750, so that's not an option either.

Can you recommend a laptop capable of running this game that won't cost that much? I don't think my dad will pay much more than 550, maybe 600. Again, I'm fine with playing the game on low settings. I just want a machine that can definitely, for sure run it.

I'm also ok with buying a used or refurbished laptop online. I just have no idea where to look.

So, keeping all these things in mind, what's my best bet?