Apr 4, 2014
So I made a character on my brother's account to try Elder Scrolls Online and, after liking it, bought my own version today. I aimed to make a Khajiit for the Ebonheart Pact but then discovered that, because I didn't pre-order it yesterday, I can't play that race because it is on a different alliance. Why would they set it up so that an important part of the game - at least to players like me, who really focus on their character and their appearance - attach such a major thing to pre-order only? Now if it is a part of the game, like you need to because of the story line and you had to no matter what, pre-order or not I'd be satisfied, but without knowing this (because it's a pretty huge detail and I thought they wouldn't implement it for pre-order only) I bought my own game today and am very upset over it. Is there any character transfers over accounts they are considering on implementing? Because it personally infuriates me that I have to be stuck to either being a lizard, nord, or dark elf because everyone I know is a part of the Ebonheart Pact. That, or somehow be able to still buy pre-order bonuses for my already-bought account (too late to buy someone else's account), which is incredibly unlikely...

Last edited:

bloosuga

No Longer a Noob
Sep 21, 2011
Colorado
Sorry to say, but that's probably never going to happen. The reason it's locked to race/faction is because of the story and lore to this game. I'm sure at some point in the future they'll release it so that you can buy the preorder bonuses, but who knows how long that'll take.