Mar 19, 2017
Hello everyone. I may not be the first to notice this trick/tech, but I should alreast try to get it out there. I call it Cannon Gliding, by the thread title. What this does is allow you to spring up a ton higher when jumping off of any sort of gliding panel on a course, making you be able to glide farther through the track and avoid obstacles, or maybe even get out of bounds. And on top of that, it's super easy to do! Keep in mind that I may, like I said before, have not come up with this first. So if I haven't, tell me.

So how you do this is very similar to how you would usually jump off of a gliding panel, but not the exact same. You may have done this before, but never knew it. What you have to do is do a hop right before the majority of your kart gets onto the panel. Hopping too late will make you do a trick, and doing it too late will result in the trick only working a little bit or not work at all.

Here are some examples of this trick in action:

Now to check the work. The black dot on the track represents "Cannon Glide w/ Mushroom", the purple represents "Cannon Glide w/o Mushroom", and the red represents "Regular Glide w/ Mushroom".

Hyrule Circuit:

UHSz8GT.jpg

Neo Bowser City:

6RtjQxZ.jpg

If you didn't catch exactly how to do it while watching this video, here is an example of the exact (or as close to perfect as I could possibly get, whichever you choose) moment you should do a hop:

2xuEbnd.jpg

And I think that's about it. There are lots of possibilities for this trick that I didn't include here, like the big jump from Mario Kart Stadium, and Animal Crossing, which by the way, allows you to go behind higher than the balloons with item boxes! Thanks for reading, and I hope this can be more useful in the upcoming Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, if it's still there. :)