Kettellkorn

Almost Not a Noob
Jan 16, 2010
Okay so I played killzone 3 and it made sense to me, now that was a long time ago and I remember very little about it. I am so confused right now while playing killzone 3 and quite frankly, it is making the story less enjoyable.

So I was busy messing around with voice chat while the begining cut scene was playing, but I remember something like Helgan was destroyed and thats why they all moved to Vectan? If I am wrong than what the heck is going on.

I keep hearing people say that Helghast and Vectans were once the same. What happend? Is Vectan earth? I am so confused

What the hell are the Helghast doing? The leader wants to destory New Helgan? Why!? That makes no since to me!

And last but not least, I am confused as to what the black guy is wanting you to do. I just finished the mission where you capture the scientist and she ends up dead. I assume that he wanted her alive to help stop the infection from spreading. Why does the half breed girl want her dead? Is it because of the fear that she will continue to work on the samething she is working on? It seems like the half breed girl has the exact same motives as everyone else so why is he so against you accepting her help?

Please help and thank you!!!

_mardock_

No Longer a Noob
Aug 7, 2004
The short answer is that the story went to shit.

KZ3's story wasn't crappy but IMO they were backing themselves into a corner. Here's my recollection what happens at the end of 3:

The industrialist Johan Stahl is trying to attack Earth with weapons of mass destruction, while trying to overthrow the Helghan government. Now I don't know know that its explicitly stated but I think, the entire point of the initial invasion in KZ1 was to steal the weapon redust, not to use against the ISA, or defend themselves but rather to irradiate mass quantities of Petrusite without the ISA realizing it. Also, they had to blow up their own fucking city to do it and blowing up your own city to expel invaders is almost noble. So Stahl is trying to destroy earth, ISA stops him, and then shoot down his ship over Helghan. The idea was to destroy their fleet of warships. JUST THE WARSHIPS. They didn't know that thing was going to ignite the whole fucking planet. It was pretty much an accident and given that the Helghast were about to do the same thing to earth INTENTIONALLY, you'd think history would cut Sev some slack.

Thats not what happens. They give half of Vekta to the Helghast. Its retarded. It doesn't make sense. The most infuriating part of the story in Shadow Fall is that you have to listen to that bitch acting like the Helghast are victims. They practically did it to themselves and somehow gained half a planet.

History shouldn't cut Rico any slack. I mean, to be honest I figured he'd be president of Vekta or some shit, given the logic of everything else in the story.