-Mitsurules-

SC7 when???
Aug 4, 2008

Info for people that can't watch the video:

-Includes Borderlands 2 & Borderlands: The Pre-sequel along with season passes for both games
-4-player splitscreen implemented for both platforms
-Saves from PS3 & Xbox 360 can be ported over to PS4 & Xbox One, respectively
-Game will retail at $60 U.S.
-Game will be available March 24 in the U.S., March 27 internationally

Despite not owning either console yet, mostly due to both systems not having any games I'm interested in playing, I'm still upset that Borderlands 1 was not included in this collection. Most people that have played these two games have not yet experienced BL1. It would have been great to give these people an idea of what truly made the BL series popular to begin with. Plus PS3 players aren't able to play BL1 online anymore, so bringing it to the PS4 would have been great for those that decided to move on to the PS4.

Perhaps a remaster for BL1 will still happen as a standalone title. I'm just really irked by some of the decisions Gearbox has made as of late.

Alkymist96

Noob
Jan 16, 2012
You're not alone - a lot of long-time posters over on the gearbox user forums are pretty upset as well. I can only imagine that the different engine used for the original Borderlands makes a simple port with updated graphics (as well as the tweaks for 4-player split-screen) harder. I feel particularly bad for the PS3 players who are still locked out of on-line multiplayer since the servers shut down.

I do, however, want the rc-Claptrap from the collector's limited edition: if they ever decide to release a kit version of this, I'd be in for that. (Not going to drop the money for both the collector's edition and the new console to play it on though - I value my life to much!)

DeadOrb1t

Noob
Oct 1, 2014
Netherlands
So gonna be getting this version on the PS4. Played many many many hours on the PS3, but now it's time to get the whole package on the PS4 with all DLC included. Can't wait. RC Claptrap version looks badass also.

Alkymist96

Noob
Jan 16, 2012
Did you see the news that PS3 on-line play has been restored? A small game update is required, but that's about it. Also, some improvements to match sorting were announced.

Alkymist96

Noob
Jan 16, 2012
Did you see the news that PS3 on-line play has been restored? A small game update is required, but that's about it. Also, some improvements to match sorting were announced.
Yep, I made a thread about it Monday night. :)

D'Oh! How did I miss that?

So, are the servers up and running yet? (Don't remember if there was a start date on the original announcement or not) Also, I should probably do some more BL1; it's been too long!