Raidero

Good Opinion Haver
Oct 2, 2012
I'm posting on Edge right now because the issue seems to be exclusive to firefox for some reason. Upon refresh, the boards will load fine at first but then just a second later it'll break and look like this:

Untitled.png

Only happens on PC too weirdly enough, works on my phone. It's been like this yesterday and today.

jawnTEM

One Crazy Mod-der!
★ MOD
Oct 4, 2011
Central Texas
I'm constantly getting this and it's really annoying.

IGN Issue.jpg

I've also used different browsers with similar or other more annoying effects. Unfortunately, most of it seems to be due to IGN's advertising conflicting with Adblockers. Either put up with the ads IGN pushes on members or put up with the issues from the blockers.

RedGreenRules

Quando omni flunkus moritati
Nov 30, 2021
Possum Lodge
I'm constantly getting this and it's really annoying.

I've also used different browsers with similar or other more annoying effects. Unfortunately, most of it seems to be due to IGN's advertising conflicting with Adblockers. Either put up with the ads IGN pushes on members or put up with the issues from the blockers.
It's the reason my activity has dropped to posting once a week instead of multiple times a day.

1682198415618.png

jawnTEM

One Crazy Mod-der!
★ MOD
Oct 4, 2011
Central Texas
I just switched my adblock to ublock origin and it works fine.

Hmmm.., I'll have to try that, then, Hopefully it works like a charm. I'll post back if it does!

One thing that Google was doing was to freeze my PC where I would have to restart the PC. Even my task bar didn't work. Firefox didn't, or at least it hasn't done it yet.

Ajhz

🍁The Most Random Title 🍁
Oct 2, 2005
Toronto Ontario
What's it doing? I've been having issues with both Firefox and Google. PC locks up so I can't even get out of Windows. Have to do a restart manually!
I don't really know what to say but show what has already been shown in this thread
1683511429628.png

Maybe the people who made the features of the site, the one, I keep forgetting the name I think it starts with an X or something, maybe they made it more difficult that we can't use those blockers anymore? I don't know.

Edit the name is Xenforo.

Last edited:

jawnTEM

One Crazy Mod-der!
★ MOD
Oct 4, 2011
Central Texas
I don't really know what to say but show what has already been shown in this threadView attachment 959787

Maybe the people who made the features of the site, the one, I keep forgetting the name I think it starts with an X or something, maybe they made it more difficult that we can't use those blockers anymore? I don't know.

Edit the name is Xenforo.

Yeah, I suspect it has a lot to do with "money-grubbing". It seems that companies are trying to get as much extra moola as possible and it's esp bad since covids.

With FireFox, I took my adblocker off for IGN and just put up with their constant ad blips. It's much easier than having to constantly refresh my page.