SBiv87

Noob
Nov 28, 2000
Okay, so it's nothing terribly interesting, I just stumbled across this website called Unseen64 ( www.unseen64.tk) and there happened to be a few beta shots of Dark Cloud (along with several other games on several platforms).

http://xoomer.alice.it/mononline/unseen/xboxps2/darkcloud.htm

Just thought it was sort of interesting, that's all. Got anything better?

Check out some of the games on other platforms, too. Ocarina of Time is sort of interesting, and Pilotwings (Dragonfly, it's apparent original name) for SNES is REALLY interesting, if you know the game.

mikezilla2

i pawned road !
Apr 3, 2005
SBiv87 said:
Okay, so it's nothing terribly interesting, I just stumbled across this website called Unseen64 ( www.unseen64.tk) and there happened to be a few beta shots of Dark Cloud (along with several other games on several platforms).

http://xoomer.alice.it/mononline/unseen/xboxps2/darkcloud.htm

Just thought it was sort of interesting, that's all. Got anything better?

Check out some of the games on other platforms, too. Ocarina of Time is sort of interesting, and Pilotwings (Dragonfly, it's apparent original name) for SNES is REALLY interesting, if you know the game.

thats cool as howed you find thos anyway ? thats much more intersing then what i posted :) [face_applause]

the unfinsehd map looks a bit like the DC2 map [face_thinking]
and i bet that magic carpet is dran probley took it out cz they didt want a story about aladin its a shame both werent put in and im glad they changed his hair clour .

WUL for you [face_peace]

mikezilla2

i pawned road !
Apr 3, 2005
well i got something even better [face_tongue] nah just kiding i found this wili i was digging round on that site footage of the beta VER [face_dancing]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLxqBWVH7Vw

i whish i was able to play it !

well after a better look it seems IGN is loaded with this stuff

http://au.media.ps2.ign.com/media/013/013805/vids_7.html

oh well in any case you promted me to look in to it and i thank for that the one on youtube looks better then IGNS one ... myabe theres an insider ver anyway im off to bed night .

SBiv87

Noob
Nov 28, 2000
Interesting YouTube video!

The carpet ride was definitely an interesting way to reach Brownboo Village. And was that Old Gaffer in Brownboo at around 1:30? And another girl from Norune Village, too. Creepy little hybrid of Brownboo and Norune ;)

I'm glad they got rid of the ability to jump...ugh. It looks so unprofessional. And I hate it when characters can jump like 7 seven times their height. It's just so...not real.

And that village he was working on in the end...what was that? When I saw that it was...well, floating, I had no idea what it was. But then it had a "raised plain"-like piece of earth you could place on the ground, much like the ones in Matataki Village. I wonder if that was the preliminary idea for Matataki Village?

Nevertheless, good find to you as well. Definitely interesting!

mikezilla2

i pawned road !
Apr 3, 2005
SBiv87 said:
Interesting YouTube video!

The carpet ride was definitely an interesting way to reach Brownboo Village. And was that Old Gaffer in Brownboo at around 1:30? And another girl from Norune Village, too. Creepy little hybrid of Brownboo and Norune ;)

I'm glad they got rid of the ability to jump...ugh. It looks so unprofessional. And I hate it when characters can jump like 7 seven times their height. It's just so...not real.

And that village he was working on in the end...what was that? When I saw that it was...well, floating, I had no idea what it was. But then it had a "raised plain"-like piece of earth you could place on the ground, much like the ones in Matataki Village. I wonder if that was the preliminary idea for Matataki Village?

Nevertheless, good find to you as well. Definitely interesting!

woops lol i wasint able to put that togther in my haed was that carpet relly going to Brownboo Village ? and yea odd gather and that gril alnet was there

well that i think was the demon shafit man if they had kept all that crap like that it woodev been way to much like zeldea not that theres anything worg with zelda the carpet ride was the most intersing hmm if you cord find me a page full of info on that carpet then id leep out of my hat with joy .[face_peace]

hmm wikeapeda dosint have anything on this ! did you ant to fill in the blanks ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Cloud#Trivia

Jun 14, 2004
Awesome! Although I wish I could read Japanese so that I could understand what the Odd Gaffer and Alnet are saying to Toan, which might explain what they are doing in Brownboo Villiage!

mikezilla2

i pawned road !
Apr 3, 2005
MissTara52575 said:
Awesome! Although I wish I could read Japanese so that I could understand what the Odd Gaffer and Alnet are saying to Toan, which might explain what they are doing in Brownboo Villiage!

it just s happens i no some who can translate it . but they prbloey just say the same as they all ways do !

Mr._Pseudonym

;^) PSNID: Danger_Dad
Feb 4, 2004
;^) I like these. They're really cool.

At a guess, I'd say that the magic carpet was intended to be the method Toan used to travel from villiage to villiage, instead of "mind connecting with the Fairy King" each time. The carpet would have been better, actually. Ah, well.

I've seen similar footage for the Sly Cooper games in development. It's included on the DVD, and unlockable by completing the game levels in time trials and such. By the time most games are finished, they look much different from their original conceptions.

JohnnyGoRound

broken cord.
Aug 10, 2006
Canada
This dosen't really look like Dark Cloud .

(Maybe Number 2 ... Don't Have It Yet#-o)

Theres just one problem .

Why does it say 1999 in the bottom of the picture ?

[face_confused]

Nickbro8N

Almost Not a Noob
Jun 18, 2004
its kind of the concept for dark cloud 1 before they added everything, that's why it says 1999.

mikezilla2

i pawned road !
Apr 3, 2005
JohnnyGoRound said:
This dosen't really look like Dark Cloud .

(Maybe Number 2 ... Don't Have It Yet#-o)

Theres just one problem .

Why does it say 1999 in the bottom of the picture ?

[face_confused]

its not Dark Cloud 2 .