FoxRox75

No Longer a Noob
Aug 18, 2010
I've now watched all of the Harry Potter films and in this thread make my list of what I thought was the best down to the worst of the lot of 8 films.

1. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2
Easily my favorite in the series, as well as one of my all-time favorite movies (possibly even on my top 3 list!). From intense action to eye-watering emotion, the last film in the series hardly disappointed me at all, and I definately look forward to this when I buy the Complete 8-Film Collection set the most. Just lots of action, sadness, and satisfying touches that make this film a masterpiece, including the backstory of my favorite character Severus Snape.

2. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Goblet of Fire is jammed with fast-paced action and adventure with plenty of intrigue to keep me on the edge of my seat. I've watched this one this most, and it's definately a favorite of mine. For me, the entertainment level is at its peak in the Potter movies, with the usual all-star cast uplifted by all the action and plotline - wonderful, second-favorite for me.

3. Harry Potter and the Prizoner of Azkaban
This film is well-received by almost every viewer, and I can't disagree. It comes close to my love for Goblet, but not quite matching against the action levels. But with the demonic dementors and one of my favorite characters Remus Lupin, this film has some very memorable moments as well as characters that have become great key points in the Potter franchise. Take a break from Voldemort's usual schemes and go for a more abstract film in this.

4. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1
Though not as grand as its sequel, the first part of Deathly Hallows still proves to be a good film. The suspense leading up to the epic climax was great, though some of the movie became a little off-track for me. The acting was top-notch as usual and the beginning of the end was executed very well.

5. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
I never really watch this film too much anymore since it has a lot of exposition to the series, but I have to admit, it's a pretty well-done film. Though some of it is a little cheesy and kiddy, it's still a great family adventure that doesn't go the dark avenues its sequels do. Still a pretty good movie and worth watching.

6. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
This one was pretty interesting, though some of it seemed unnecessary. However, it is still pretty enjoyable to watch a first and second time. After a while though, it may loose its appeal as a predictable storyline. Though I do commend it for introducing characters Luna Lovegood and Bellatrix Lestrange well.

7. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
I didn't like this one a whole lot because some of the scenes aren't edge-of-your-seat and the entire movie just dragged out very long as the longest-lasting Potter movie. Even though it did have it's few memorable moments, the scenes didn't stack up enough for me to compare to the rest of the movies, and Dobby and Myrtle are too annoying..

8. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Ironically, even though Snape is my favorite character in the series, this film is my least favorite. It has the least action, and only a small few great scenes. It just didn't provide the magic fun of the rest to me, and was fairly boring in some parts. Though the ending is great, and it gets better towards the end, it still doesn't make up for the rest.

So what are your favorite to least favorite films?

Sep 30, 2011
1. DH Pt. 2
2. Philosopher's Stone
3. Chamber of Secrets
4. DH Pt. 1
5. Goblet of Fire
6. Prisoner of Azkaban
7. Half-Blood Prince
8. Order of the Phoenix

I find that the first two films were the most true to the book (easy because they were only a couple of hundred pages). Both the Deathly Hallows films were great because they also managed to mostly stay true, also Deathly Hallows was one of my favourite books in the series. Order of the Phoenix was my least favourite because they had to cut so much out, same with HBP and GOF. It was really disappointing to me because there was so much character development as well as some great stories that they just cut entirely.

Feb 7, 2011
1 - Order of the Pheonix
This the least of the books is the best film in my opinion, not really in any story telling sense but its the one I enjoy watching the most.

2 - Prisoner of Azkaban
The best book obviously makes for the best film... well second best for me but thats just a personal opinion.

3 - Half Blood Prince
Despite all the changes and deductions they made which annoyed me so much the first time I saw this I've somehow grown to really like this one. Much like OOTP I just find this one very entertaining to watch escpecially for one so close to the end.

4 - Chamber of Secrets
The second film pulls together a much more cohesive and interesting story after the first ones rambling introduction to the world and its characters.

5 - Deathly Hallows Part 2
I tend to be a bit cynical about this one(The book at least) as I believe the fact it is the finale masks how much lesser it is compared to the others. Only after seeing the film a second time did I appreciate that it was actually pretty good.

6 - Philosophers Stone
Great when I was younger, but in growing up this one drops down a bit on the list.

7 - Goblet of Fire
Apart from the ending which is the best of all this film for some reason seems the odd one out compared to the rest for a multitude of reasons.

8 - Deathly Hallows Part 1
The worst most drab, depressing and downright horrible film of them all, so much so I didn't even care much on seeing part 2, good thing I did as it was alot better.

May 31, 2011
Yea i know the last chapter's climax of this series is not anything mysterious or interesting. Hope so it will not happen in [link=http://www.moviewatchlist.com/upcoming-movies]coming soon movies[/link].

doctor_who225

Almost Not a Noob
Nov 15, 2011
LeggoBlocks said:
1. DH Pt. 2
2. Philosopher's Stone
3. Chamber of Secrets
4. DH Pt. 1
5. Goblet of Fire
6. Prisoner of Azkaban
7. Half-Blood Prince
8. Order of the Phoenix

I find that the first two films were the most true to the book (easy because they were only a couple of hundred pages). Both the Deathly Hallows films were great because they also managed to mostly stay true, also Deathly Hallows was one of my favourite books in the series. Order of the Phoenix was my least favourite because they had to cut so much out, same with HBP and GOF. It was really disappointing to me because there was so much character development as well as some great stories that they just cut entirely.
this

Darquesse

Almost Not a Noob
Sep 22, 2011
England
For me my list goes:

1. Prisoner of Azkaban
2. Deathly Hallows Pt 2
3. Philosopher's Stone
4. Order of the Phoenix
5. Goblet of Fire
6. Deathly Hallows Pt 1
7. Half Blood Prince
8. Chamber of Secrets

The Prisoner of Azkaban has to be my favourite as there was just so much in it that I loved. I'm a big fan of mystical artifacts and for me, the Time Turner tops them all. I love that thing. It was cool watching Harry and Hermione go back in time and watching themseleves, having to take certain actions to steer their past selves in the right direction and right at the end of their trip, actually protect themselves from Lupin and the Dementors. It was also pretty much all about one of my favourite characters and after many years of torment for him, finally finding some peace with Harry. Sirius Black. Overall I love that film for every reason possible and there are many reasons.

My least favourite was the Chamber of Secrets. I don't know why but I have just never enjoyed this film as much as the others. I won't sit here and pick out things I didn't like about the film because I still credit it to be a fantastic film. But it was just my least favourite story in the Harry Potter franchise. I just found it boring in some parts and of course there were... spiders... and I hate spiders nearly 200x more than Ron.

I'm still sad that there won't be anymore books/movies. But what an amazing journey it has been!

:D

Rapicaku

Noob
Dec 12, 2011
1. DH Pt. 2
2. Philosopher's Stone
3. Chamber of Secrets
4. Goblet of Fire
5. Prisoner of Azkaban
6. Order of the Phoenix

Did not watched the DH pt.1 and the half blood prince.

Dec 20, 2011
Here's my list for the best to worst HP movies.

1(Best). Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban--This one actually feels like a movie to me. It was exciting and visually appealing, and I think it appeals to the broad audience even if some of the stuff isn't true to the book.

2. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone--it's probably seen as blasphemy not to have this one as the best one, but while I liked that it was true to the book, I started getting bored in the middle of it. It seemed a bit too long to me.

3. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire--This one also feels like an actual film to me. Also, the addition of the Triwizard Cup and the dance enliven the film.

4. Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince--I like this one a lot. The main reason is because Tom Felton gets to do more as Draco Malfoy than in any other HP film.

5. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets--This has the basilisk fight, but in general, I found the film a bit boring, like Sorcerer's Stone. I'm also not a big fan of Ginny.

6. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, pt. 1--second worst film in the entire series, mainly because I don't think the film needed to be split up. This film shows why splitting up a book is a bad idea--you don't get all of the closure or plot development in order to have a satisfying movie experience.

7. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, pt. 2--The worst film out of all of them. The battle wasn't big enough to me, and to me there just wasn't enough tension. Also, they didn't address the Dumbledore tell-all book, which was a big part of the book. There's a podcast I listen to on a site called ShockYa [link=http://www.shockya.com/news/2011/07/15/shockya-com-presents-movie-night-podcast-harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-part-2/]that addressed what I didn't like[/link] about Deathly Hallows, pt. 2--they really lay into the film a lot. They say what I'd like to say about "Part Two" that really irks me.

DonJerome316

No Longer a Noob
Dec 1, 2009
The 1920's
Deathly Hallows Pt. 2
Goblet of Fire
Half Blood Prince
Order of the Phoenix
Prisoner of Azkaban
Chamber of Secrets
Philosophers Stone
Deathly Hallows Pt. 1

andyoume

Noob
Dec 28, 2011
1. Deathly Hallows Pt 2
2. Philosopher's Stone
3. Prisoner of Azkaban
4. Order of the Phoenix
5. Goblet of Fire
6. Deathly Hallows Pt 1
7. Half Blood Prince
8. Chamber of Secrets

Zilex1000

Noob
Jan 28, 2012
My list

1. HP and the Chamber of Secrets
Always been my favorite book and the best film, as it was very faithful to the book and kept me engaged.
2. HP and the Philosopher's Stone
One of the best books, tied with DH, and the film was a great adaption. A little of a let down.
3. HP and the Order of The Phoenix
Good book and the fight scene in it was simply amazing. It needs work in pacing though.
4. HP and the Prisoner of Azkaban
My third favorite book and the chilling, creepy feeling was kept through out the film but I felt it could have been better.
5. HP and the Half Blood Prince
A good book and it had a pretty good story development. Was quite boring.
6. HP and the Deathly Hallows Part 1
The book was one of my favorites but this movie was a let down. Not very faithful and it just didn't have the same feel as the book. Was a bit boring but it had good moments.
7. HP and the Deathly Hallows Part 2
The most unfaithful in the series. I have read DH many times and I saw so many differences, especially in the final scenes. Those difference just made the film worse and it bugged me. Action was good but still a let down.
8. HP and the Goblet of Fire
It was the worst book and movie IMO. Just really boring, the action wasn't good and the story line was a let down.

mikefromNY

Noob
Feb 5, 2012
Here's some harry potter humor :D

http://www.faceplantstatus.com/faceplant-216-harry-potter-humor

at least it make smile on my face <3 :D

And the last two films are the best!

stnvegs

Noob
Oct 3, 2014
1 - Order of the Pheonix
This the least of the books is the best film in my opinion, not really in any story telling sense but its the one I enjoy watching the most.

2 - Prisoner of Azkaban
The best book obviously makes for the best film... well second best for me but thats just a personal opinion.

3 - Half Blood Prince
Despite all the changes and deductions they made which annoyed me so much the first time I saw this I've somehow grown to really like this one. Much like OOTP I just find this one very entertaining to watch escpecially for one so close to the end.

4 - Chamber of Secrets
The second film pulls together a much more cohesive and interesting story after the first ones rambling introduction to the world and its characters.

5 - Deathly Hallows Part 2
I tend to be a bit cynical about this one(The book at least) as I believe the fact it is the finale masks how much lesser it is compared to the others. Only after seeing the film a second time did I appreciate that it was actually pretty good.

6 - Philosophers Stone
Great when I was younger, but in growing up this one drops down a bit on the list.

7 - Goblet of Fire
Apart from the ending which is the best of all this film for some reason seems the odd one out compared to the rest for a multitude of reasons.

8 - Deathly Hallows Part 1
The worst most drab, depressing and downright horrible film of them all, so much so I didn't even care much on seeing part 2, good thing I did as it was alot better.

Deathly Hallows Part 1 was too dark and boring for me.

May 28, 2012
1. Prisoner of Azkaban
2. Half-Blood Prince
3. Deathly Hallows Part 1
4. Philosopher's Stone
5. Deathly Hallows Part 2
6. Goblet of Fire
7. Order of the Phoenix
8. Chamber of Secrets

Kevlar101

Registered Barnacleposter
Mar 26, 2014