bloosuga

No Longer a Noob
Sep 21, 2011
Colorado
So I never really got into BL2 until recently. Huge fan of the first one and I mainly play as the Hunter. What's the best character for BL2 and reasons why please. I have the mechromancer but not the bandit.

BeAlone

Find something, protect something.
Feb 23, 2010
Arizona
Salvador is the best character in Borderlands 2. His action skill can regenerate ammo and health. He has skills that can increase his health regeneration. He has skills that allow him to do even more damage with or without his action skill. Just like Mordecai in Borderlands 1, he can use his action skill in fight for your life. Salvador is arguably the only character that can single-handedly beat the raid bosses by himself.

Alkymist96

Noob
Jan 16, 2012
Salvador is great fun but, since you said you'd played Modecai in BL1, I'd recommend Axton with his turret. Gaige would be similar also (with Deathtrap, the giant robot). With Salvador, you can spec to get recovery using his action skill, but you have to be a lot closer to the action. With Axton & Gaige, you can throw out your turret/robot and pull back a bit. That's how I played Mordecai, so there was less adjustment for me starting with Axton, even though there are a number of aspects that are noticeably different between the two games.

bloosuga

No Longer a Noob
Sep 21, 2011
Colorado
Salvador is great fun but, since you said you'd played Modecai in BL1, I'd recommend Axton with his turret. Gaige would be similar also (with Deathtrap, the giant robot). With Salvador, you can spec to get recovery using his action skill, but you have to be a lot closer to the action. With Axton & Gaige, you can throw out your turret/robot and pull back a bit. That's how I played Mordecai, so there was less adjustment for me starting with Axton, even though there are a number of aspects that are noticeably different between the two games.

Yeah. I went ahead and created a character for each to decide which I liked better. Definitely liking the turret that Axton has. Thanks though man.

Theleb_Kaarna

Elder Mungo and Elric's Arch-Nemesis
KRIEG!!!! RAARRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

From my personal experience, Gaige for a dedicated single-player campaign (who's Deathtrap offsets the hoards) and Maya for a multiplayer online campaign (for crazy support to the other players).

Krieg is just the fuckin' funnest to play either way IMO.

edit: RAARRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

xbox1000

Noob
Dec 19, 2012
If you are looking for a more easy playthrough and the power to shoot through enemies like its an Ice Cream Sandwich, play Salvador, if not play a different character :)

bloosuga

No Longer a Noob
Sep 21, 2011
Colorado
If you are looking for a more easy playthrough and the power to shoot through enemies like its an Ice Cream Sandwich, play Salvador, if not play a different character :)

Already beat it on True Vault hunter mode with Axton or whatever the hell his name is, but thanks man.

BeAlone

Find something, protect something.
Feb 23, 2010
Arizona
KRIEG!!!! RAARRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

From my personal experience, Gaige for a dedicated single-player campaign (who's Deathtrap offsets the hoards) and Maya for a multiplayer online campaign (for crazy support to the other players).

Krieg is just the fuckin' funnest to play either way IMO.

edit: RAARRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

I can see Gaige and Maya, both being a support character. Deathtrap can help a person regain some of their shield. He can also shoot out an orb that does shock damage, when someone shoots it. Maya is obviously the support/healer of the game. With the right skills she can be an amazing character on her own.

armpitrocket

Almost Not a Noob
Dec 9, 2008
ND
I played Mordicai and Brick in the first one. Zero is pretty fun for awhile, got mine to 50 before I started playing as Gaige. She's my favorite. I'm only about 58, The only sill I take from the right tree is for stacks. Most of my sills come from the left tree, I maxed out the middle one for make it sparkle and that's it. Tons of fun. Can hold my own in a crowd or solo.

Unfkozmo

Almost Not a Noob
Dec 23, 2012
No love for Paige? She's the best out there (for me) shock and fire combined is just badass. Ow, did I mention you can summon a robot version of Nocturne?

M4n0w4r

Almost Not a Noob
Dec 19, 2012
Axton or Zer0 for me, I enjoyed Maya, Gaige and Krieg, but could never get momentum going with Salvador.