garbarator

Super Star
Aug 26, 2007
it's beach house. sounds like beach house.

this one is probably the most shoegaze-y one yet, even down to all the lyrics about reluctant unrequited love

garbarator

Super Star
Aug 26, 2007
My main problem with Beach House these days is that Victoria Legrand has become such a dreadfully boring singer. She can absolutely belt it out and every damn song now is so restrained. Any of their last 3 albums could've been a lot better if she would just let loose now and again.

the_carmelo_fellow23

Lynch is God
Feb 19, 2006
My main problem with Beach House these days is that Victoria Legrand has become such a dreadfully boring singer. She can absolutely belt it out and every damn song now is so restrained. Any of their last 3 albums could've been a lot better if she would just let loose now and again.
depression cherry was good though.

garbarator

Super Star
Aug 26, 2007
depression cherry was good though.

Haven't listened to it in a while. But I like all the beach house albums, including this new one. The beach house i fell in love with was teen dream beach house and i think i just can't quite get over that sound. that album galloped and soared.

I'll give them credit, they're making shoegaze type music that's actually worth listening to. I'm not sure if that term is truly appropriate for them either other than to describe aspects of their sound. They're gaze has always been more outward and beyond. 1000 mile stares.

Black Car is an awesome song.

dom_osx

I like Macs.
Sep 18, 2007
brooklyn
I listened to this once and forgot I listened to it. I think there was one song that got me excited but they deserve more listens.

Raccoon2117

Still unknown after all these years
Oct 12, 2002
I've reached the point with Beach House where if I've listened to one album, I've already listened to this.

They're really good, but it all has just started to blend together for me.

garbarator

Super Star
Aug 26, 2007
Yeah i haven't really been returning to this. Occupying the same kind of space as the previous 2 did. Just can't really pretend to have any enthusiasm for it.