Bot-IGN

<marquee> Crush... Kill... Post Articles... </marq
Mar 28, 2001
Article Comments for [link=http://ps3.ign.com/articles/111/1110624p1.html]Bayonetta News Wasn't Very Big[/link]
by Anoop Gantayat

Summary:
Earlier in the week, we passed along a Tweet from Bayonetta producer Yusuke Hashimoto indicating that Bayonetta news was on the way for some time this week. The news has since been revealed. [link=http://ps3.ign.com/articles/111/1110624p1.html]Read Full Article[/link]

Jul 28, 2010
i played and beat and enjoyed the ps3 version and there was nothing wrong with it so please stop hating on the game it was awesome

rootveldt

Almost Not a Noob
May 26, 2009
ok dont mess with us. I just bought this for $30 a week ago, so by budget do they most likely mean "$40"? only in japan anyway. damn it this couldn't have been lamer. bayonetta themed stickers would have been better than this. then again it was wayyy to early to expect a bayo 2 announcement though smart money says they are certainly hard at work on that title.

ed. ok yen converter says it's about 46 dollars, but no telling what the non budget title cost. I like that cover (the one that lists the price) better than the original cover, (I mean the picture and not the layout.) but I dont care for that manga style. It doesn't seem to match the mood of bayonetta at all, or resemble her very much even.

firstboss

Noob
Apr 22, 2010
How about instead of covers and packaging a better surprise would be making the PS3 version of Bayonetta on par with the 360's? The PS3 version is just unplayable.

guy_shafor

Noob
Jun 10, 2006
rootveldt said:

I like that cover (the one that lists the price) better than the original cover,
but I dont care for that manga style.

I dunno, you you think that's even manga? Look's western to me.

rootveldt

Almost Not a Noob
May 26, 2009
@guy shafor- yeah since its the japan only edition id guess so, but a more standard manga style is all I was asking for, this looks more like comics from india.

TrophyFreak said:
i played and beat and enjoyed the ps3 version and there was nothing wrong with it so please stop hating on the game it was awesome

yeah i played this first a few months ago on ps3 and more recently on xbox, and while the ps3 version is playable, the difference in performance is a big deal, just look at the clock tower scene on ps3, it should work better than that. the game is really designed to the strengths of xbox architecture and the port was probably lazy.

anton0707

Noob
Sep 17, 2008
How about a downloadable version?? it'll probably kill a lot of the poor load times for the PS3 version.

Tediz2008

Noob
Aug 11, 2003
this is kinda.. useless.. its like a late collectors edition, and here bayonetta is 19,99 euro (15 pounds?) in every shop.

HikaKao

Noob
Aug 1, 2009
Aww. I had hoped that we'd get Bayonetta 2, where the PS3 was the lead platform. :( Platinum better make that their next project.

Jul 29, 2010
as stupid as this is i can see why they are doing it. i just know a ton of boys will buy it just cuz it stars a girl....same reasoning that makes girlfight the most listened to podcast on this site....lame asses.

JUSTlCE

Noob
Nov 21, 2008
Yeahhhh it's my dawg Adam Hughes art! ****s incredible he put this up on Deviant Art like 2 months ago. Had to pull it down , cause of this news making moment Lol. Still sick as hell. I love it. Maybe I'll get this copy.

mivan83

Noob
Dec 9, 2008
for all the praise and good reviews, it seems like this game bombed and fell of the map, guess that's why they are repackaging it

B

BigBacon87

Original poster
Bayonetta news was never big news. You guys just tried to blow it up. It didn't work. Darksiders didn't get nearly as much love from you guys but the rest of us bought it anyways. Mostly because sparkles and J-pop are super queer.

Jul 17, 2003
Haha - BigBacon is spot on! :D

Anyway, this IS stupid, but it is actually cool to see a budget cover is reversible to get rid of that stupid "Budget branding" that no one likes. However, they really should've announced that this re-release has been re-optimized for PS3, as that's one of the most embarrassing port jobs in recent history - SEGA should be ashamed of a game with load times that bad, and they should've used this opportunity to clean that sh*t up.

Mar 21, 2008
Wow, hand-drawn cover art is ALWAYS BETTER than CG. If only every game featured fine art like this, especially in the west. BAYONETTA is a perfect art masterpiece in every way, Kamiya-san's magnum opus. VANQUISH will bring everything to a new level. October can't come soon enough...

Kirkpad

Noob
Oct 10, 2007
My brother absolutely adored this game. It tops out as THE BEST game with a combat mechanic. Anyone who is/was a fan of Devil May Cry needs this game in their collection.

Axel_IX

Noob
Aug 13, 2007
Actually, I'm pretty glad I waited. Cheaper? I diggit.

Well, if it gets released over here.

Sep 9, 2005
It got cheaper? Thats all :/ Im glad it got platinum hits and its a great seller, because than that means it was well received by gamers thus might increase the chances for dlc or a sequel. I was hoping for better news though. I completed the game already, plus I prefer the original artwork better. Original art= deadly & beautiful badass with the moon behind her [hinting at the her being a witch aspect]. New art= A cutesy model.....and lots of pink.

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
Considering the PS3 version got gimped, I'd like to play the game but not pay full price. So I may be interested if it comes to the States.

ilfito

Prime Member
Feb 19, 2007
So they did not improve the performance on the ps3 version who cares then why even make an announcement

Dec 19, 2009
This is probably good news for people who has never bought the game and is considering buying it, other than that, this news pretty much sucks.

SeymourDuncan17

Avoider of Natural Light
Aug 3, 2008
My computer desk
Anybody who thinks this game is meh doesn't know good gaming.

Period.

Same goes for Darksiders. Not much originality, but it more than does justice to it's inspirations.

LittleZ21

Prime Member
Mar 2, 2006
but... bayonetta 2... *sigh*

such a great game, if it doesn't get a sequel I'll die. I thought ninja gaiden was great until I played bayonetta, all other action games are piss to me now. I can never go back.

Sep 3, 2003
Actually, the new pink boxart is quite nice...certainly better than the awkwardly-perspectived original boxart, in my opinion.