enterpriser2151

Prime Member
May 5, 2010
And I don't mean Mr. Freeze. Twice now the game has locked up and the only way to get it unlocked is to turn off the power in the back of my PS3. Any one else have this issue or have suggestions on how to stop it? I really don't want to have to delete my saved game data again.

gokuss01

Noob
Nov 9, 2006
sorry to hear that man but no have had no problems with it at all which is lucky cause so many people r having problems btw i have it for ps3.

have you tried taking the game back

Oct 18, 2011
Game froze on me twice now. First during a Nightwing combat challenge map and second was on a riddler hostage side mission. I've notice slow downs when I was playing through the main story too. Still love it though! Hopefully it doesn't keep freezing!

hfhanley

Noob
Nov 7, 2011
This has been happening to me too! I also have these huge black spike coming out of Batman's back! Mine has froze on my over 20 times now, I have deleted the game data and reinstalled many times. I even started the game over and it has started to freeze again! I recently went to game stop to get a different disk and it still freezes!!!!!! Are you using an old PS3, mine is a first generation first shipment PS3 and I think its just so old it cant handle the awesomeness that is Batman Arkham City!

AdsDori

Noob
Nov 8, 2011
I have this problem as well on PS3 60gb launch day one. I also get some talking drop out.

I have even wiped the ps3 and started again

hfhanley

Noob
Nov 7, 2011
I am thinking it has something to do with old PS3's. My seems to freeze when ever I do something fast like grapnel boost or a run slide... and any time I pick up a ringing pay phone! Super annoying!

AdsDori

Noob
Nov 8, 2011
I have got to a point where the game freezes in the same spot and i can not continue.

Oh well have to wait for a patch hopefully lol, or will ask for a refund lol

hfhanley

Noob
Nov 7, 2011
This is insane, mine has started to do that too, once I reach around 40% completion it will just freeze right when I start playing. I just downloaded a new game data update 1.02 and it is freezing even more now! How do we go about notifying Playstation so they can fix this BS?! I didn't pay $60 for 40% of a game!

hfhanley

Noob
Nov 7, 2011
I am thinking about just trading the game for the XBOX 360 version but I bought it used and bought the stupid Catwoman DLC for PS3! Why would they develop a game their system cant even handle!

hfhanley

Noob
Nov 7, 2011
I contacted Playstation and this is what they told me:

I apologize for the inconvenience that you are experiencing with Batman Arkham City freezing on your PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system. I do understand how frustrating this is to deal with. I do see that you have deleted the game data multiple times, I recommend that you please follow the steps listed below.

1. Go to the Game Icon.
2. Scroll down to Game Data Utility.
3. Highlight the corrupted data and press the triangle button.
4. Choose delete and then press the X button.

Once the game has been deleted I need you to follow the steps below. Completing Safe Mode Restore File System will remove any corrupted data that could cause this issue.

**** To activate Safe Mode follow the steps outlined below. ****

1. Turn off PlayStation 3 system by holding Power button till Power light is red.

2. Touch and hold the Power button, you will then hear the 1st beep indicating that the PlayStation 3 is powering on.
Continue to hold and after approximately 5 seconds you will hear a 2nd beep, indicating video reset.
Continue to hold and after about 5 more seconds you will hear 3rd beep, and system will power off (Power light goes red).
Release power button.

3. Touch and hold the Power button, you will hear the 1st beep, again for PS3™ system power on.
Continue to hold and after approximately 5 seconds you will hear the 2nd beep for video reset.
Continue to hold and after 5 seconds you will hear a quick double beep. At that point release power button.

If you succeeded in activating Safe Mode, you will see the message on screen saying, “Connect the controller using a USB cable and then press the PS button”. When you see this message, connect a USB cable to the controller and the PS3™ and press the PS button to display the safe mode menu.

After a few seconds, you will see the Safe Mode screen with the 6 options.

Then choose Restore File System which is option#3.

After you have completed all of the steps above you will re-download the content and try again.

I am confident that the steps above will allow you to find a resolution to Batman Arkham City freezing on your PS3™ . If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to email me back.

Regards,
Deanna H.

AdsDori

Noob
Nov 8, 2011
I ve actually wiped my whole PS3 and started from scratch and nothing changed
I also tried what the lady has said there before that ass well.

hfhanley

Noob
Nov 7, 2011
I just did those steps and have been playing with no freezing, there are a few little glitches but nothing that stops the game from playing, I would say it is at least worth trying!

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
OK so I've been having the same problem. I've got an original release 60G PS3 and I don't have an issue with ANY other game I own or play. OK so the game doesn't always freeze right away but sometimes I'll get these weird black streaks going thru the environment but it always ends up freezing sooner or later, I pretty much just hope for a good run most of the time. From what I hear though this problem is only happening to the ps3 version and even then I think its just happening to people with the fat ps3's.

I'm not sure what's going on with this but the game's been out awhile and not being able to play a game you payed good money for because of these issues is really making me upset. I feel like I bought a demo or something. This will definitely influence my decision to buy another game from these developers in the future.

What I am sure of is they need to make a patch for this issue and run some serious damage control because I know I'm not the only pissed off gamer out there. If I have to blow the money to get the 360 version just so I can beat the game and see the end I will be more than irate.

Happy Gaming!