JeanLucAwesome

Ambassador of Awesome
Sep 19, 2009
Saitama
What are some bands or artists you used to listen to a lot but no longer do?

Maybe your taste evolved or changed over time and you just don't care for them anymore.

Here's some of mine;

Abingdon Boys School
Alice Nine.
Anberlin
Antique Cafe
deadman
D'espairsRay
Girugamesh
HIM
Hyde
Janne Da Arc
L'Cryma Christi
L'arc~en~Ciel
Motion City Soundtrack
MUCC
Malice Mizer
Miyavi
Penicillin
Psycho Le Cemu
Ruvie
SID
The Pillows
Transtic Nerve

BladeSymphony

Star
May 13, 2014
The Offspring.

Because they went to shit.
Disagree. On their most recent album, Slim Pickens is the embodiment of their 90s punk... and their remake of their early song, Dirty Magic is better than the original.

Alright, you're free to think that. I found their most recent album to be trash however. Same with Rise and Fall.

Splinter was the last album they made that I consider good.

Last edited:

isturbo1

Star
Feb 25, 2011
Seattle
The Offspring.

Because they went to shit.
Disagree. On their most recent album, Slim Pickens is the embodiment of their 90s punk... and their remake of their early song, Dirty Magic is better than the original.

Alright, you're free to think that. I found their most recent album to be trash however. Same with Rise and Fall.

fair enough. albums in itself are a mixed bag anyhow. i never like all the songs on a single album, no matter what the era is we are talking about. i'm just sayin i think it is weird and inaccurate when people have this rule that a band's quality goes to shit in the later years... when they dont consider its nostalgia kicking their ass. i've just never been the type to dis on bands as the ages go on. some modern albums from bands i enjoy are from the Chili Peppers (Im With you), Guns n Roses (Chinese Democracy) and Offspring are all great if you are a fan of them. but there have been some stinkers too recently *coughAC/DCcough*

just sayin i'm still a Offspring fan, while you said you stopped being fans of them ages ago. which is understandable.

Kylar42

No Longer a Noob
Feb 1, 2014

fair enough. albums in itself are a mixed bag anyhow. i never like all the songs on a single album, no matter what the era is we are talking about. i'm just sayin i think it is weird and inaccurate when people have this rule that a band's quality goes to shit in the later years... when they dont consider its nostalgia kicking their ass. i've just never been the type to dis on bands as the ages go on. some modern albums from bands i enjoy are from the Chili Peppers (Im With you), Guns n Roses (Chinese Democracy) and Offspring are all great if you are a fan of them. but there have been some stinkers too recently *coughAC/DCcough*

just sayin i'm still a Offspring fan, while you said you stopped being fans of them ages ago. which is understandable.
I like their older stuff. I don't listen to it very often but I do really enjoy most of Americana, Smash, and Conspiracy of One. I haven't listened to anything of theirs after Splinter though.

-2D-

Everything's Better In 2D
Apr 23, 2011
I don’t think that there are any bands that I don’t listen to at all anymore. I always find myself taking the time to listen to old favorites again. It feels good when I do that too.

JeanLucAwesome

Ambassador of Awesome
Sep 19, 2009
Saitama
I have shit that has stuck with me through the test of time, some of the ones I listed I might put on on a very rare occasion, most of those are still in my itunes. I just don't frequent them anymore.

But then there's shit I don't listen to at all now, like Lincoln Park lol, forgot to add that one. I listened to them when they first came about, listening to them on the school bus with my walkman.

Lincoln Park now however, makes me want to punch myself in the ear.

Last edited:

FlamestormGaming

No Longer a Noob
Sep 21, 2013
England
Linkin Park, The Offspring and Green Day. They all had their day, and some may argue that their decline was just a phase, but I never liked any of them enough to bother getting back into their music. More power to you though, if you enjoyed their music enough to stick around.

I care enough to not disable Tapatalk signatures, but not enough to write a good one...

Last edited:

LastKnightOnEarth

Almost Not a Noob
Oct 3, 2023
Saturnine Wastelands
No joke eight years after this post I've been listening to Creed a little bit lol

I wasn't ever a big fan of Creed, but I always thought that the majority of their singles were great (especially the ones from the first album). The problem with this band is that they lack consistency (I've listened to both My Own Prison and Human Clay, and there's a whole bunch of filler on them! Even then, those albums are not as terrible as some people like to claim).

I like Nickelback even less, but I can acknowledge that even they had a couple of good tunes in the early 2000s (everything that I've heard from them on the radio after that I cannot vouch for though).

Last edited: