Stallord_969409

No Longer a Noob
Jul 25, 2009
GLENDALE, Ariz. (AP) The Arizona Coyotes announced a proposal Monday to build a 16,000-seat arena that would be the third home for the team since it moved to Arizona in 1996.

The plan would have the Coyotes playing in Tempe near the main Arizona State University campus. The arena would include an attached 4,000-seat multi-sport arena that would be used for Coyotes practices as well as by ASU athletics and youth hockey teams.

The Coyotes' agreement with developer Catellus Development Corp. sets a June 30 deadline for creating the overall budget, design and operational plan for developing the arena.
Coyotes%20new%20arena_1479148421147_7016940_ver1.0.jpg

http://www.foxsports.com/nhl/story/arizona-coyotes-announce-plans-for-new-arena-111416

Last edited:

phantompenguin.

No Longer a Noob
Sep 20, 2009
Los Angeles
Being closer to the fan base will only do positive things for the franchise and help grow the sport in a place where it has a better chance of sticking...Glendale was the worst possible location for an arena to be built while still being in the Phoenix metro area.

Not that I necessarily think the franchise deserves another shot in the desert, but I think this one sticks.

Stallord_969409

No Longer a Noob
Jul 25, 2009
I really like this. From what I have seen Tempe is a nice place and putting the arena next to a university is brilliant idea. Hope this ends up getting built. Plus the Coyotes have agreed to pay 50 percent of it.

Last edited:

CGYFlamesFan

The bird is the word
Jun 24, 2001
Being closer to the fan base will only do positive things for the franchise and help grow the sport in a place where it has a better chance of sticking...Glendale was the worst possible location for an arena to be built while still being in the Phoenix metro area.

Not that I necessarily think the franchise deserves another shot in the desert, but I think this one sticks.
The franchise is done if a rink can't be built out east. Since I moved here in 2009, I can confirm after settling in Gilbert AZ/Mesa/chandler area that getting to a game in Glendale is as fun as blowing your own brains out. It's literally a day trip for 90% of the teams fans.