raptors_887

No Longer a Noob
Aug 25, 2004
You've got 0.1 seconds to figure out where the ball is going and I end up swinging at damn near every single pitch. Even the ones that are WAY off. I feel like they're all going straight down the middle.

And I only have it on Rookie mode LOL.

Last edited:

Almost Not a Noob
Dec 28, 2011
try adjusting your human contact/power and pitch speed sliders. generally speaking, patience is very important and it seems like ai pitchers can pick up if you're swinging too freely and throw even more garbage pitches. try taking first pitches at the plate to get ahead in the count unless you're sure you're getting a meatball.

besides that, hang in there. the more at-bats you endure the better you'll inevitably get at recognizing speed and location. when i started my first rtts i was ready to snap the disc in half because it seemed like i'd never get the hang of it but concentration and practice will improve your game. [face_peace]

CrazyMatt88

Almost Not a Noob
Oct 23, 2012
You've got 0.1 seconds to figure out where the ball is going and I end up swinging at damn near every single pitch. Even the ones that are WAY off. I feel like they're all going straight down the middle.

And I only have it on Rookie mode LOL.

Head to the sliders and adjust the pitch speed to the slowest, gives you more time to recognise the pitch.

cardinalbird7

SIU Basketball
Nov 11, 2004
Play with a more zoomed in camera. I use E. Catcher zoom or Catcher Zoom 2. Also, make sure you are eye level towards the middle of the strike zone. I used to struggle if I was sitting higher than the strike zone so I had to switch chairs or cameras. Also go into batting practice and just work on pitch recognition. Changeups/Sliders/Splitters will still be difficult to pick up, but that is when you have to tell yourself to wait longer and foul off the fastball or take it to opposite field.

And please never use guess pitch...that will never help you.

Last edited:

VoltDriven

No Longer a Noob
Jun 24, 2009
By the bay
You have more time than you think. You need to take just another split-second to try to recognize the pitch and decide whether or not to swing.

The best advice I can give you is to not think. Don't use guess pitch or try to guess at it without using the feature. Don't assume it will be a ball or a strike no matter what the count is. Just look at the pitch and hit it or lay off. There's nothing wrong with taking a strike, just pick a spot and look for a pitch in that spot. I usually look at the upper half of the strike zone, anything in there I will hit. I bat around .400 with a RTTS player that I haven't touched a single batting attribute on.

cardinalbird7

SIU Basketball
Nov 11, 2004
Because they changed it to where it is even harder to use now. Plus you will never learn pitch recognition. You will just rely on a guess and elimination system. That isn't baseball.

I recommend starting on Dynamic difficulty with no GP until you get the hang of it. Guess Pitch also isn't allowed for the main online modes (DD, COTW).

Trust me you'll feel much more rewarded when you abandon the guess pitch.

I used to use it in 2009 when I first got the game. I took it off for 2010 and 2011 and got pretty good at hitting. 2012 I went online for the first time to see how good I was and I ranked number 1 online and was top 5 in 2013. I wouldn't have improved at the game by relying on guess pitch.

Last edited:

saveusy2cj

No Longer a Noob
Nov 14, 2008
never swing at the 1st pitch. The second will be a foul tip or ground ball, so take the strike. the third pitch is a fly out. #4 is the one you want. Now depending on the batter its going to be a single or double....good luck and happy batting Michelle-Tanner-You-Got-it-Dude-Full-House.gif