m00m00m00

ಠ_ಠ
Jun 14, 2001
Have you done any dog or cat or other animal rescues before have you taken any and permanently have you help them find you homes what were the circumstances that you found them in

SageLeaf

Almost Not a Noob
Nov 15, 2023
after our dog died, a stray cat had kittens in our doghouse. We adopted the mom and 1 of the kittens, got them shots and fixed. Gave out the other kittens to friends and family and neighbors. They were great cats and lived to an old age.

Another time I found a stray young cat with an eye infection outside. I chased it down and caught it. Got it shots and treatment at the vet. Gave it to a family friend but it somehow escaped and is now a stray cat again unfortunately.

@GSFAkimboJoe has saved Many more cats than these though, I’d love to hear some stories. I’ve heard several of them over the years but I’ll let him tell them, I’d get them jumbled up.

gsilver

Star
Sep 6, 2000
Three of the cats I had while living with my folks were originally strays.
Two were tamed, moved in fairly quickly, and lived long and full lives, though one preferred to stay a stray and disappeared within a year or two.

A dog that my folks got while I was in college was from the pound, but had a lot of anxiety around people and may have been difficult for someone else to adopt. She was always anxious, especially with car rides, but otherwise had a long and normal life.

-Troopa-

No Longer a Noob
Jul 7, 2019
Yeah, our previous dog was a rescue. We had her for several years before she passed on. Name was Rosie. We could tell she had some traumatic things happen to her -- she was afraid of hands being near her face -- but over time we gained her trust and she relaxed/opened up a bit. We're glad she got to be happy in her final years.

There is a local wildlife conservation center that is by far the #1 charity we donate to. They do a great job with rescuing, rehabilitating and then releasing the animals onto their 100+ acres of undeveloped land.

DevilDancer

Not the boss
Sep 27, 2001
North America
Yes my a-hole cat was a rescue. Some weirdo found him in an alley (he was a kitten) and shaved him to see if he had fleas. Which isn't how you diagnose fleas.