sng-ign

電 子 遊 戲 師 傅
Aug 6, 2002
So when I boot up the game after eating, the game won't register my save even though I clearly see it on my PS3's HD. Anyone else had this problem?

:^O

Corrupted save file.

Last edited:

Mediquette

Noob
Dec 29, 2011
Sorry to bump an old thread, but just had this happen earlier today. Just got this game on PC a couple days ago. I was just going into the safehouse after getting Connor's research, and BOOM, game crashed while loading into safehouse. When I fired the game back up, "continue" was no longer an option and all the extras were gone. What a pain in the ***... this reminds of the issue Falout: New Vegas has with continually corrupting saves to the point you need to make tons of backups and feel like tip-toeing through a minefield, never sure when it's going to blow up in your face! What's with so many games anymore that all seems to have at least one major game-breaking issue. Before Spiderman, it was the new Dead Island... had the audio issue many have... tinkered everything possible... managed to lessen it, but never managed to get completely rid of it, even trying all solutions given around the net, etc. *facepalm* [face_tired]

Mediquette

Noob
Dec 29, 2011
Darn, can't edit my last post, was going to add on to it. Anywho, almost a day later, played right up to before delivering Connor's data to him again, except this time, I exited out, located the save data on the hard drive, backed it up, and sure enough, when I went back in, no continue option... even worse, when I copy the data I "backed up" over, still no continue option. Like the damn thing went corrupt right after exiting the game; since when I went to exit game, I saw the "continue" option right on the top menu. [face_angry]

Mediquette

Noob
Dec 29, 2011
Hey, hey, hey, I finally found a FIX to the problem!!! Haven't seen any fixes (only speculation/theories) posted around the internet, but I can confirm, this actually worked for me and brought BACK my save game which seemed to be lost. As I said in the last post, "Continue" vanished, and now to explain how I came to the conclusion/fix that I did (which might also work for consoles, will try and suggest "translation" as I go). I remember in Google searching around people had speculated that saving too many images corrupted the save, or that it could also be the unlocks (as many claimed they only had issues if they went into the unlock section of the main menu). Well, the last time I played, even though I had over 50 comic pages (I think 3 comic book unlocks?) and several character bios unlocked, I *never* went to the unlock screen. I also saved only 2 photos... some had suggested that too many photos makes your save file too big. So here's what I did. I went out onto my HDD and located the save files (doing a search on *asm* can do the trick). They should be located under Steam\UserData for PC (console translation: it might be in miscellaneous files or wherever the unlocks are stored). In the directory with the save game, which will be listed as: "asm_save.fpop", there may be a bunch of other files, don't recall what they were named as I deleted them already, but there was about eight or nine all with "image" in the file-name. Delete all the "image" files, (which should be the only other files in the directory besides the save game) leaving only the save file (console translation: remove anything related to Amazing Spider-man except for the ASM save file). Start the game back up, and "Continue" shows back up again. I also tested it, I loaded in, went in, gave Connors his research, went back out, delivered a mental patient to a police station helipad/roof, got phone message from the lady getting me to take pictures, etc. Exited out, went back in, and still works! :D

So for any that have the "Continue" option magically vanish, here is FINALLY a FIX that brings "Continue" back! [face_cowboy]

(All I can figure is there must be something in the game coding that becomes unable to locate/read the save if/when the directory becomes too large? I did notice the "disk write"/"save" icon showed up every time I took a picture, regardless of whether I saved the image or discarded it... guessing the "image" files are saved photos irregardless of whether or not you tell it to discard the image! Kind of cheesy coding if that is indeed the case... but regardless, this should allow you to retrieve your "lost" save game! Enjoy! [face_nerd][face_dancing])

Last edited:

watley94

Noob
May 26, 2013
Hey, hey, hey, I finally found a FIX to the problem!!! Haven't seen any fixes (only speculation/theories) posted around the internet, but I can confirm, this actually worked for me and brought BACK my save game which seemed to be lost. As I said in the last post, "Continue" vanished, and now to explain how I came to the conclusion/fix that I did (which might also work for consoles, will try and suggest "translation" as I go). I remember in Google searching around people had speculated that saving too many images corrupted the save, or that it could also be the unlocks (as many claimed they only had issues if they went into the unlock section of the main menu). Well, the last time I played, even though I had over 50 comic pages (I think 3 comic book unlocks?) and several character bios unlocked, I *never* went to the unlock screen. I also saved only 2 photos... some had suggested that too many photos makes your save file too big. So here's what I did. I went out onto my HDD and located the save files (doing a search on *asm* can do the trick). They should be located under Steam\UserData for PC (console translation: it might be in miscellaneous files or wherever the unlocks are stored). In the directory with the save game, which will be listed as: "asm_save.fpop", there may be a bunch of other files, don't recall what they were named as I deleted them already, but there was about eight or nine all with "image" in the file-name. Delete all the "image" files, (which should be the only other files in the directory besides the save game) leaving only the save file (console translation: remove anything related to Amazing Spider-man except for the ASM save file). Start the game back up, and "Continue" shows back up again. I also tested it, I loaded in, went in, gave Connors his research, went back out, delivered a mental patient to a police station helipad/roof, got phone message from the lady getting me to take pictures, etc. Exited out, went back in, and still works! :D

So for any that have the "Continue" option magically vanish, here is FINALLY a FIX that brings "Continue" back! [face_cowboy]

(All I can figure is there must be something in the game coding that becomes unable to locate/read the save if/when the directory becomes too large? I did notice the "disk write"/"save" icon showed up every time I took a picture, regardless of whether I saved the image or discarded it... guessing the "image" files are saved photos irregardless of whether or not you tell it to discard the image! Kind of cheesy coding if that is indeed the case... but regardless, this should allow you to retrieve your "lost" save game! Enjoy! [face_nerd][face_dancing])

Mediquette your a effing genius! i even registered JUST ti reply to you. i just want to add one thing if you downloaded the game via skidrow then your save file and the image files you have to delete to play are here:
C:\Users\[Your User]\AppData\Local\SKIDROW\212580\Storage

Jun 20, 2012

You fucking genius. *CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP*
Thank you so much.