Feb 4, 2011
Yes, I'm late to the party with this one. I love open world games where I can wander around and really do enjoy this game but wow is it maddening. I'm going to complain about things that have been beaten to death. I'm going to certainly be that complainer guy and I HATE that guy. HATE HIM. But man am I that guy with this game.
  • Yes every sword should break almost immediately (or just slightly after immediately if I only use it to hit the correct "things")
  • Apparently every bow made can only be shot a few times because it's made of cheese or something that clearly doesn't hold up to... well, anything
  • Shields apparently hold up better so they are made out of some mythical material that swords and bows, etc, aren't... or there's an extra component... or the weapons makers don't talk to the shieldmakers... geez, share your tips....
  • Apparently it takes the same stamina to climb a 40 foot mountain as it does to hang on to a glider for a while
  • The horse handles about as good as a fully loaded dumptruck. Turn around horse. Jesus... turn around... no keep running into that rock wall. Bah....... I'd be mad at me too horse, I get it....
  • I see no need for a shortcut system for items either... it's not like there's constant inventory management going on, or fighting, or climbing where having easy access to a potion or whatever might convenient. How about... oh, say... ONE customize-able hot key? Because yeah, I stop time or use the uber-magnet more than I say..... eat or drink. Come on.........
  • Is it possible to create a more laborious menu system? Sure, don't make the menu cycle through... put a hard stop in.
  • Why not make us lose stamina for standing around? I feel like the Zelda team likely talked about it just to make us really hate our lives.
  • Nice combat system! Seriously! And the locking on is a nice touch. Except.......... pushing down on the left stick to crouch happens about 70% of the time by accident when trying to move left and right (this is me sucking, I get it, but surely I'm not the only one..... or maybe nobody actually locks on to an enemy... ever).
Yeah, I'm a little salty. Say it, I'm a crybaby (which seriously, I would be saying to anyone else that posted this same topic usually).

D

deleted-152110

Original poster
A lot of those complaints are fixed once you get later into the game. Early on, a stick isn't supposed to last you through dozens of enemies because it's just a stick. Same with stamina, make it a priority over health (since you can use food / potions to boost number of hearts) and that goes away.

DanielMazahreh

No Longer a Noob
Aug 12, 2017
I feel like you have not played far enough into the game. Those issues can easily be eliminated after you get used to the overall system of the game. You'll learn to realize that weapons and bows are more durable when you pick up more powerful material made of metal or whatever.

Most obvious of this is you clicking the left stick to accidentally get into stealth mode when you did not mean to. This happened to me as well the first 2-3 hours of the game. It just takes getting used to. You do not have to press hard to move around an enemy or dodge. Light movement is all that's needed.