J.m.Hopkins223

Prime Member
Jul 31, 2011
I'd have to go for McGregor- I honestly think his standup is a lot better than Aldo's. Aldo is a great fighter, but he also doesn't finish a lot of fights.

jdfan56k

Almost Not a Noob
Aug 4, 2014
Anaheim, CA
Yeah, it's still gonna be a great fight. Even if Mendes does get McGregor to the ground, I still think McGregor is gonna pull out the win.

wymore

Star
Mar 20, 2001
San Diego
So after watching the McGregor/Mendes fight, I'm leaning towards Aldo if/when they finally fight. Mendes kind of just stood in front of McGregor most of the time they were on their feet. I think Aldo will prove a lot more mobile.

AllenKerk

Noob
Nov 3, 2014
So after watching the McGregor/Mendes fight, I'm leaning towards Aldo if/when they finally fight. Mendes kind of just stood in front of McGregor most of the time they were on their feet. I think Aldo will prove a lot more mobile.

Everyone thought mcgregor was going to walk through mendes... it didn't happen. Had it stayed on the ground a little longer there is no way McGregor had it... so i'm with you... and I think Aldo will probably take it

jab__661

Noob
Aug 9, 2012
Should be a great fight, but it seems like it won't happen until December. I have McGregor winning

NoComedian

Noob
Sep 29, 2015
McGregor talks a lot and is fairly disrespectful. He is a good fighter sure.... however my money is on Aldo. IMO McGregor is not gonna get a knockout on Aldo. McGregor does have a better strike chance (Only like 2% though), however Aldo has more experience more fights and has a better Win- Loss. Will be a good fight either way lots of talk on both sides too.

NuBlood

Almost Not a Noob
Jan 8, 2007
Whoa, this place still exists? Wow.

But anyway, I got Aldo by TKO. I think everything Conor does Aldo does better. Leg kicks will be the story of this fight.

NuBlood

Almost Not a Noob
Jan 8, 2007
Welp. Boy, was I wrong. I'm usually pretty good at predicting fights but holy crap.

Sep 25, 2015
McGregor is the real deal. UFC isn't going to put millions into hyping another 20 second knockout which is exactly why he's not getting a rematch for a while.

Feb 20, 2005
McGregor is the real deal. UFC isn't going to put millions into hyping another 20 second knockout which is exactly why he's not getting a rematch for a while.

Aldo is the 4th longest standing champion ever, only beaten by Jones, Silva, and GSP. He deserves a rematch. He obviously was emotional and went into that fight the wrong way.

And you're acting like that "20 second knockout" was a bad investment for UFC. They made millions off of that fight and would make millions on a rematch.

They gave Silva a rematch. They gave BJ Penn a rematch. It's just customary for a dominating champion to get a rematch vs the guy that beats them, especially when it's a random knockout that doesn't actually show who has more overall skill.

This isn't a knock at McGregor. He's a great fighter, but I do believe that Aldo deserves a rematch.

jdfan56k

Almost Not a Noob
Aug 4, 2014
Anaheim, CA

Aldo is the 4th longest standing champion ever, only beaten by Jones, Silva, and GSP. He deserves a rematch. He obviously was emotional and went into that fight the wrong way.

And you're acting like that "20 second knockout" was a bad investment for UFC. They made millions off of that fight and would make millions on a rematch.

They gave Silva a rematch. They gave BJ Penn a rematch. It's just customary for a dominating champion to get a rematch vs the guy that beats them, especially when it's a random knockout that doesn't actually show who has more overall skill.

This isn't a knock at McGregor. He's a great fighter, but I do believe that Aldo deserves a rematch.
But would you give it to him over Frankie? Aldo got KTFO, I'd rather he take time off and we get a match between Frankie and Conor first before the rematch.

Feb 20, 2005

But would you give it to him over Frankie? Aldo got KTFO, I'd rather he take time off and we get a match between Frankie and Conor first before the rematch.

Yes, Aldo was the #1 p4p in the world since the day Jon Jones was suspended, has been undefeated for like 10 years, and has the 4th longest UFC title reign in the history of the sport. He deserves a rematch. Long term champs get rematches, especially if they're pound for pound kings.

jdfan56k

Almost Not a Noob
Aug 4, 2014
Anaheim, CA

Yes, Aldo was the #1 p4p in the world since the day Jon Jones was suspended, has been undefeated for like 10 years, and has the 4th longest UFC title reign in the history of the sport. He deserves a rematch. Long term champs get rematches, especially if they're pound for pound kings.
UFC 200 is likely the date. Should be interesting to see how this plays out...