TrailBlazerDude

MODerately Terrifying
★ MOD
May 15, 2009
So CM Punk has officially been fired from AEW after a week-long investigation into the incident at All In. Tony Khan announced the news and he is gone, effectively immediately.

wweboo

Star
Sep 18, 2008
To put on a Bully Ray voice: Imagine the heat if they wheel Jack Perry out in front of Chicago tonight/sunday

AWSMan

No Longer "No Longer A Noob"
Sep 30, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Is it possible to be stunned and also not at all surprised? Cause that’s where I’m at. I guess I mean it felt inevitable since his return this year that this would be how Punk’s AEW career ended, I just didn’t expect it to be this fast it for this level of petty bullshittery.

RKO-Cutter

Definition of jackass
Aug 18, 2008
I think collectively it's agreed it's less shocking that Punk deserved to be fired and more shocking that TK actually did it

mitamaking

No Longer a Noob
Nov 22, 2013
Wow, Tony Khan opened Collision to announce the firing, I don't think WWE ever did that, it was shocking.

ptfrog16

No Longer a Noob
Nov 4, 2008
Wow, Tony Khan opened Collision to announce the firing, I don't think WWE ever did that, it was shocking.
Closet thing I can think of is Vince announcing the departure of Macho Man, that wasn't a firing though.

RKO-Cutter

Definition of jackass
Aug 18, 2008
So according to Meltzer (which to some has it's own asterisk) the discipline committee & lawyers didn't just interview people about Brawl In, but also just AEW in general, how things changed over the past year, what's the situation, what's the solution, etc.

He made it clear Punk was fired for the events of All In, but by the sounds of it (by which I mean this is my own conjecture) a lot of people backstage basically sat down and told the committee Punk's made things worse and he has to go.

RKO-Cutter

Definition of jackass
Aug 18, 2008
People online are all taking shots and Perry and stuff, and I get it, but if anything this proved to me that this was never going to work.

It it wasn't Perry, it was always going to be something else. This was inevitable, and with the benefit of hindsight, giving Punk his own show to isolate himself from was a silly idea that was never going to actually be a solution

RKO-Cutter

Definition of jackass
Aug 18, 2008
I'm loving all the conspiracy theorists on twitter saying Punk was set up by The Elite/Perry/etc in an attempt to get him fired, because no matter how you spin it, the conspiracy basically boils down to "annoy him a little and wait for him to immediately resort to violence."

Serpent.222

Super Star
Feb 13, 2012
Here. On a board. With you.
Yeah, coming from a pretty high level Punk mark, it's pretty fucking dumb and insufferable to see. Just acknowledge he's a fucking dickhead of the highest order, and probably a touch fucking unstable and move on.

You can accept that and also think that there are other, bigger backstage problems in AEW, which many signs point to. But you still have to acknowledge that most bad things people have said about Punk are probably true, and the man is a problem.

It's just a good thing that Bryan is around to step up and handily replace Punk as anyone's favorite.

I still need a new favorite team thanks to fucking FTR Crime, though.

RKO-Cutter

Definition of jackass
Aug 18, 2008
Not that anyone thought anything else was going to happen, but now Ace Steel's been released, which is just funny to me