Status
Not open for further replies.

Bot-IGN

<marquee> Crush... Kill... Post Articles... </marq
Mar 28, 2001
Article Comments for [link=http://music.ign.com/articles/108/1088620p1.html]A Band Named: Hadouken![/link]
by IGN Staff

Summary:
What's in a name? Radness! The Street Fighter-inspired band is ready to release a new EP, and we have the whole thing. Listen to it now. [link=http://music.ign.com/articles/108/1088620p1.html]Read Full Article[/link]

SolidScum

Noob
May 10, 2010
While I usually refrain from critical comments regarding other's art, how in god's good name does it take a "band" of 6 people to record what normally involves a single individual!?!?

Volvagia_slayer

Star
Jan 9, 2005
Why was this posted on the Punk & Ska Board? At least the first song (the only one I bothered to listen to) is neither Punk, Ska, or any off-shoot of those genres.

While I wouldn't say it's bad, it's certainly nothing I'm interested in.

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
That's actually a pretty decent electro-house track. This may make it's way into one of my future DJ mixes.

Anyone who likes this track and wants to hear some really kick-ass electro should start by checking out Wolfgang Gartner, Deadmau5, Villains, MSTRKRFT, Classixx, and Crookers(Just to name a few of the bigger names with awesome music).

pinkace

Part-Time Pervert
Oct 25, 2001
I was gonna name MY band Hadouken! (with the exclamation point at the end, that's critical) These bastards stole my idea! I cant sing, or play instruments, nor am I friends with any musicians... but you never know...

Mar 28, 2009
not too..idk, it just doesnt 'pop.' like i wouldnt really listen to them all the time cuz they are nuthin special. The vid was great though :]

jroll2011

Noob
Mar 3, 2010
I already have this song. It's from their album, For the Masses. Which was released early February. Are you alright IGN???

May 10, 2010
SONIC BOOM SIX, is another band that took its name from street fighter - Guile's sonic boom. They're ska punk and pretty great.

Jul 15, 2007
THE PROTOMEN.... you will talk about this band but not the greatness that is the protomen. geese how hard is it to cover good music.

Aug 15, 2006
awful, just awful. The state of music today is in utter decline. Uhg, I need to take a shower now. I guess these days you don't need talent because apparently no one really cares if you have it or not.

realdjfakt

Noob
Nov 6, 2007
"PUNK IS BACK"
PUNK IS BACK...
Posted by: Shock_Troop on May 10, 2010 22:55 PDT

Yeah, you're back alright...You got damned imbecile.

Punk.?. Please!

KhasX

No Longer a Noob
Jan 11, 2003
Pretty good so far. Going to find a little bit more music to listen to and might buy their CD.

ape5-x

Almost Not a Noob
Jul 13, 2001
"awful, just awful. The state of music today is in utter decline. Uhg, I need to take a shower now. I guess these days you don't need talent because apparently no one really cares if you have it or not"

wtf, thats a pretty bold statement. so bold id say the opposite is true. music has never been better. there have always been absolute sh*t bands like this; doesnt make the "state of music" in decline. you probably just dont know where to look or live in a city that is tiny with no indie rock/electronic scenes

legion2000

Noob
Sep 3, 2000
It's odd really. I remember not too long ago when people were making fun of techno and wanted it to go away. Now, everything under the sun has bleeps and bloops. Everything from Hip-Hop(Auto-Tune anyone?) to Pop (which is nothing new)to Rock even. Pretty soon you're going to see a team up of Tim McGraw featuring Lil' Jon entitled "Don't spit on my dog's inards, OK!". Don't laugh, because music now days is all about the all mighty dollar and if the industry can make a quick buck from a hit, it'll happen.

Nov 11, 2005
im going to make a band shoryuken, then release the band at the time where the hadouken would hit me but i will be in my initial invincible frames, and smash this band in the face!

Cory1134

Noob
Feb 10, 2010
Way better than its popular contemporaries.
Way, way worse than Prodigy.

Toss the vocalist off the boat and we have a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.