Doom67

Gloom67
Oct 28, 2000
I feel like a lot of teams are putting themselves in terrible position for the cap now. Like the Blackhawks and Penguins did it after they won cups (and I guess you could say the same of the Caps without the s on cups).

It'll be interesting to see how the Atlantic division shakes out with the top 3 teams, Bruins seem to be managing the cap the best. Lightning probably arent going to get a better team on paper then the one they had last year and the Leafs are spending way too much money on scoring, it feels like they might just have to wait things out patiently till things fall in place. Metro and Central are crapshoots - I feel like any team could finish in a playoff spot randomly (Hurricanes/Islanders last year, Devils the year before), Blue Jackets seem to be the losers of the offseason. Pacific is also pretty top heavy imo, though I think the teams outside the playoffs all have room for optimism going into this year (wouldnt be surprised to see a surprise team again there next year - Flames kinda came out of nowhere this past year).

D

Deleted member 4121907

Original poster

yeah I don't like this lol

I think Vegas needs to get Karlsson back and then rely on their pretty decent farm because they've already cap'd themselves out. 3rd/4th line might be less experienced once they make some trades but the core as a whole is very solid + Stone now full season on that dominant line.

Glass and Hague will hopefully step up to their potential

UncleBen59

No Longer a Noob
Jan 26, 2014
Massachusetts
I feel like a lot of teams are putting themselves in terrible position for the cap now. Like the Blackhawks and Penguins did it after they won cups (and I guess you could say the same of the Caps without the s on cups).

It'll be interesting to see how the Atlantic division shakes out with the top 3 teams, Bruins seem to be managing the cap the best. Lightning probably arent going to get a better team on paper then the one they had last year and the Leafs are spending way too much money on scoring, it feels like they might just have to wait things out patiently till things fall in place. Metro and Central are crapshoots - I feel like any team could finish in a playoff spot randomly (Hurricanes/Islanders last year, Devils the year before), Blue Jackets seem to be the losers of the offseason. Pacific is also pretty top heavy imo, though I think the teams outside the playoffs all have room for optimism going into this year (wouldnt be surprised to see a surprise team again there next year - Flames kinda came out of nowhere this past year).

The Bruins have about 14m to re-sign RFAs Carlo, McAvoy, & Heinen.. which shouldn't be too difficult. The only major UFAs we have are Accari & MoJo. The only real problem with the Bruins cap is Backes, who will either be burried in Providence or dumped to a team like Ottawa with like 2m retained.

It's funny, last year everyone expected Backes and DK to get traded this off-season, now everyone wants to keep DK.

69los

Mr. Grumble
Nov 9, 2000

Lu retires and Panthers trade their backup. The package deal of Bob and Bread looking likely tomorrow.